+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Newbie kagoma8844 is off to a good start kagoma8844's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swine Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to tell CNN, from the latest doomsday movie trailer. Now the US is declaring a public health emergency. It's all kinda frightening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/wo...html?ref=world

What do you all think about the swine flu? Is there anyone who lives in or around the affected areas, any afraid they're going to get it?

What do you think about the seriousness of it all?

Me personally, I know no one is trying to pass this off as an Armageddon type thing. But it IS serious. I mean, sometimes we don't know how to fix it. And when it comes to certain illness, they can spread FAST. And who knows... anything has the potential of becoming a world changing epidemic.

I live in Minnesota. A ways north of any swine flu cases so far. I'm more afraid of AIDS, and killer mosquitoes at this point. But, like I said, that can all change if no one gets a handle on it.

*For fun, can you remember any other doomsday scares the world has overcome? What are some world changing threats that still exist??

Like SARS:
    SARS - MayoClinic.com

Bird Flu:
    Bird Flu- msnbc.com
    yes im in texas were there are 26 people
    who have it and yes im afraid im going to get it

Otaku Cresent Knight is off to a good start
    Thanks

i live here in New Mexico and im not afraid ofthe flu i say the hell with the flu cuz it really doesnt matter cuz if we are to over come it then we will, but if we dont then o well. it is like all the other disease in this world they wont stop unless we are meant to stop it. in ths case right know we arent meant but who know in the future it could have a cure.
    I've lost everything I once held dear to me all i have felt is hope and with it I''ll push myself forward and follow the even ending stream of life.....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

I still the flu virus comes from filthy trashy places and poor garbage pick up

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the swine flu is just ver pushed up although I dont really live in a affected area I really dont think its that bad ok like 120 people have died of it but like thousands and thousands die every day because they dont have anything to eat or no clean water to drink but that isnt really that important either isnt it

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canti View Post
    I think the swine flu is just ver pushed up although I dont really live in a affected area I really dont think its that bad ok like 120 people have died of it but like thousands and thousands die every day because they dont have anything to eat or no clean water to drink but that isnt really that important either isnt it
    Over all you are correct, how ever there have been only up to a total of 9 deaths so far confirmed. 8 in Mexico (not a 108, that was a mistake) and 1 in the US.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

ahh okey sorry i didnt know that because I really dont watch the news that often

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

So when all wired sickness end?
    We had 1 kid here in arizona who had the pig flu but he recovered from it.
    I hoping it all burn out soon here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast