+ Reply to Thread

Thread: taking away free speach?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

taking away free speach?

recently there was a woman being sure for talking about how bad her place was where she lived . Chicago’s Horizon Realty Group Sues Woman For $50,000 Over A Tweet - Podcasting News and it got me thinking how far can Big buisness go before we pretty much have no right to say anything ?

i mean if i want to say that i ate at a restaraunt and it made me sick because there food is never cooked right shouldnt that be my right to say so if it affects others besides me? i really dont know where it will end with all the sueing and stoping people from speaking there mind in a country thats soposed to be a palce of free speech.

i know there has to be better ways to do things than to take away somones right to say what they feel is wrong .

what does eberyone else think?

becuase the world in my opinon is ending with how people are being sued over stupid crap.
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; Nov 18, 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: this title fits better than the other did
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

re: taking away free speach?

I think they will loose unless the judge is extremely biased or bought. But this is how the internet is becoming, I have noticed less free speech as well but what can you do?????????

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

re: taking away free speach?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

No doubt as part of the legal documents she signed to purchase the property, is a little clause stating that any disputes with the builder must be the subject of third party arbitration, and that you cannot resort to the press (or public forums) for a settlement. (I know, as there is a similar clause in the contract for a new condo that I recently purchased)...

So the issue here isn't about free speech, it's about knowing what you put your signature on, and is legally liable for...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 18, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread