+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: talking/writing l33t

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: talking/writing l33t

Ah, pyoro is showing his intelligence again, lol.

*You just witnessed Deo's Suck Up comment of the day. Enjoy it, .

Anyways, it's just another goodie the internet gives us. I remember I was a member on a site where they used it all the time, but I didn't stay long there. It just seems unecassary to me, so, eh.....
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    [B]Exactly. Same here. Many people that I know write like that, but I do not bother to tell them to not write that way. This one time, I was speaking to this guy online.. and all he would write 1s l1k3 th1s. I was like "WTH!!!" It pissed the hell out of me. It makes people seem less intelligent. And that's sad.
    [/B
    Intelligent well if there wrighting like that there not to intelligent why in the hell take ur time to do something so damn annoying probaly just to be annoying why not just type normal if u gonna spend ur time to do that -.-.

"1s l1k3 th1s" Oh that would have pissed me off so bad if some on kept typing stuff like that wile i was trying to talk to them.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Intelligent well if there wrighting like that there not to intelligent why in the hell take ur time to do something so damn annoying probaly just to be annoying why not just type normal if u gonna spend ur time to do that -.-.

"1s l1k3 th1s" Oh that would have pissed me off so bad if some on kept typing stuff like that wile i was trying to talk to them.
    Lol. Koga I just meant that they kept typing leet instead of properly. "1s l1k3 th1s" says "is like this". That is how they kept on writing. And I don't think people do it only to be annoying. I think that once they make it a habit to write like that... they start to do it unconciously. Without noticing. And then they automatically believe that everyone and their mother understands what they type. When in reality.. most people do not.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Koga I just meant that they kept typing leet instead of properly. "1s l1k3 th1s" says "is like this". That is how they kept on writing. And I don't think people do it only to be annoying. I think that once they make it a habit to write like that... they start to do it unconciously. Without noticing. And then they automatically believe that everyone and their mother understands what they type. When in reality.. most people do not.
    Then they should learn not to -.- just to read it some times u need a translator standing next u say u saying "1s l1k3 th1s" means "is like this" so u can just respond to what there typing.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I had never heard of l33t until I read MegaTokyo... and actually, l33t was one of the reasons why I stopped. I mean, I'm sorta slow when it comes to picking up new stuff, so random paragraphs in somewhat-l33t form were SO ANNOYING!!! >_<;;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

A response I would only expect from pyoro.
    What can I say? I'm not your usual forum user.

Even though I am not a l33t speaker/user, gotta defend them somewhat. I have read a long time back that l33t meant online's "elite", and leet-speaking was actually made as a code for strategizing in online gaming. A lot of the stuff we see now is actually not the "pure" language that was once use, because it has been diluted by lame wannabes.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

although i do tend to use l337 speak every so often while im playing games its not really because its cool its more of like simplifying things, and l33t speak doesnt just include numbers like some retards think it is. It's also the shortening of words or phrases such as OMW, which means "on my way" and other things that are used in everday messaging/electronic posting like "lol" (im sure we all know what that means) and some other phrases like wtf and omg..all l337 speak..even though im a user of such things i still often prefer to type out the whole words and phrases, gives emphasis on how smart people are =D

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Maybe l337 speaking is all right. It just gets highly annoying when you cannot read and cannot understand what the other person is trying to tell you. Maybe it is starting to be a fad, just as "jkjkjkjk" and "lololol" were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast