+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: teachers on strike

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: teachers on strike

ok, I appreciate teachers and everything, but what ever happened to doing it for the love of it. I mean if they wanted to have a high income, why didn't they choose a different career? Did they not know when they started the amount that teachers get paid?

Unless of course, during the course they reduced what they got paid. Even so, money should be the second thing in mind when choosing career, if they love teaching money shouldn't matter, so long as you got food on the table at night.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Not all teachers get paid bad. In my area some make 40,000-50,000 a year. Maybe they want to be like them?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

man our school gots to have that but everyone here is happy of what they get paid for i dont know how much

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

last yr, the teachers at colleges went on stirke here in ottawa, and i was all wtf?

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think it's a good idea for them to go on strike. Teachers don't get paid near enough for what they do.
    Last edited by White_Mage88; Sep 08, 2006 at 09:19 AM.

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm...the same thing happened here two years ago. Teachers were on strike...but they like....went to the capital to strike after school...they didn stop teaching.

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Otaku Othello may be famous one day Othello may be famous one day Othello's Avatar
    Between the reaches of ones heart, mind and soul...where only a small light lingers.
    Thanks

haha strike. anyways. i wish my teachers were on strike lol.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    ok, I appreciate teachers and everything, but what ever happened to doing it for the love of it. I mean if they wanted to have a high income, why didn't they choose a different career? Did they not know when they started the amount that teachers get paid?

Unless of course, during the course they reduced what they got paid. Even so, money should be the second thing in mind when choosing career, if they love teaching money shouldn't matter, so long as you got food on the table at night.
    Heh, I noticed that line "they should be doing it because they love it" is usually said when talking about teaching. Why is that..? ^^; But yeah, I think these days you should have both in mind. I mean there are alot of things people would love to do, but realistically thinking, they couldn't because it couldn't support them or their families financially. So they make a compromise and do something they like and will pay the bills.

And like miroku said, not all teachers are paid the same, as with doctors, actors, car sellers, translators, and countless other professions. Even minimum wage is diffferent per states in the US. Those Detroit teachers may be getting quite a low amount... I don't know, I shall probably look it up later.

Teachers at my high school went on a strike too awhile back ago; however they only quit afterschool help because some realized that skipping out during the day wasn't helping the students any (and something about their contract prolly swayed the others ^^0).
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Sep 08, 2006 at 09:48 AM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast