+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teachers Who Meant the Most...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Teachers Who Meant the Most...

^_^ hey guys~!

i was just wondering if you ever had a teacher who you'd considered your friend. a teacher who genuinly took an interest in you, your hobbies, your performance at school and really tried to help you. were they your friend? a role model? what made you admire them? are you still in contact?

^_^ i have a few teachers that were really special...

Mr E**** was my sculpture/pottery teacher for all 4 years of high school. he taught me the fundamentals of being an artist and to not take yourself so seriously. he was willing to speak to his students on a personal level, and not just treat them like children. and he was funny too, that helped! i send him an email every new college semester but he's busy with his classes, wife and four boys that he can only send a short blurb. it means a lot to me though!

there was also S*****-sensei! she was my Japanese 1 teacher! by far, she is bestest, nicest, everythingest lady in the whole wide world! i could talk to her for hours and hours about everything! and i did! one day, she even asked me to bring my Wii to show to the class! she even liked that i was the girlfriend of Soshi (he was one of her students too). she's the kind of lady you could depend on! another side note of her awesome-ness, she was one of the people who transalted the first Godzilla movie! yeah! kick ass! sadly, even though i still go to the same college, my scheduel doesn't meet up with her's so i haven't gotten a chance to talk to her! but i'm going to make her a Christmas present, so hopfeully we can start talking again!

and of course, there's my Darling Soshi... hun, you don't know how many things you've taught me and all the hope you've given me... thank you for teaching me all that you did and having such high hopes for me... thank you...

^_^ so what about you guys?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teachers Who Meant the Most...

One of my greatest friends is a mere six years older than I am. She taught me Spanish for two years back in high school. Now we are so close . . . she has an apartment four blocks from mine and we frequently visit each other. While she still uses my surname (especially when she is frustrated with me), she likes it when I call her Anastasia. I do favours for her and she helps me out when I need a hand. We're there for each other.

And then there's my mother, a former teacher of mine. I daresay we are awfully close, as well.

(Good topic idea, Abu! Teachers are SOOOOOOOO unappreciated!)

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Well my favorite teacher was someone I met not long ago.. He taught me a lot of things that, even though he probably wouldn't admit to it, were very helpful to me. He can teach you many things and is a wonderful person. Although we don't talk much I still think about him every now and then, wondering how he's been. ^-^
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

There are two teachers I can think of when I think of the ones who've taught me all I know. Those two teachers are Mr. James Heim and Mr. George Roberts.

Mr. Heim was awesome! He treated every student as a peer. He never called us a class, we were his "gang". It was great. He made us pancakes at the end of every Trimester (yes our school year was like being pregnant). He was my teacher for three classes: Concert Band, Jazz Band and Music Theory. He always had a witty remark and was one of the funniest teachers ever. I still run in to him every now and again and he's still the same ol' Heim. ^_^ I remember one day (during pancacke day) he had got everyone's attention and said, "Don't forget that I've put fingering charts in your files for your musical reference." To which, I replied, "Fingering charts?? We don't need no stinkin' fingering charts!!" ^_^ He just looks at me and says, "I've got your fingering chart right here, Sprout!" And gave me the finger! All I could do was laugh! (and yes, he's the only teacher to have called me Sprout).

George Roberts was another cool teacher of mine. Upon meeting him, he insists that you call him "George", not "Mr. Roberts". His class was Oral Interpretation (somewhat of a speech class) and every day, we started by listening to a song one of the students would bring in. We'd have to read the lyrics along with the song and then give our own ideas about what the song is about. What fun!! ^_^ He taught us all sorts of cool things about human behavior and the English language and he gave us COUPONS!! LOL.

Not just any ol' coupons, but coupons for his class that you could use one time and one time only for your needs. He had coupons for all sorts of things like: Skip a day of Oral Interpretation class, sleep in class, free extra hall pass (we had a limit per Tri), etc... He's artistic, has always been interested in my art and runs a gallery by my mom's house! Definetly one of the coolest teachers ever! ^_^

Although the next person I'm listing has never really "taught" me in school, she's taught me everything else and is one of the strongest women I know. That person is my mother. She's a teacher now, but wasn't when she was rasing us kids. Yet, she's always felt that's what she wants to do and always taught us to try to put our best foot forward; to strive for excellence. My mother is one of the greatest teachers I know.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Nov 13, 2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add someone...

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok well i can say all my teachers are like that but its only because im a very intested sudent whom hopes to do well in life ^^ (sounds lame but true)

but there has been one i am really close to she was my 1st and 2nd year art teacher shes my art teacher again now cos i didnt wanna go to the other art teacher ( she wanted me cos im soo good haha XD) but i would ahve always set in her class if i was free or if somthing was going on ....even just say in druin my break just to chat shes the world niceest woman i mean it

but all my teachers are soo good to me i moved classes and all my teachers are like if u need help ect just come and ask me k? ect its soo nice of them i talk to my teachers as if tehy wernt my teacher lol but there all cool

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    ok well i can say all my teachers are like that but its only because im a very intested sudent whom hopes to do well in life ^^ (sounds lame but true)
    On the contrary, that sounds great! Mad props for bein' all for school. I wish I was when I was in school. My life woulda been tons different. ^_^ Good ups!

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you atomik_sprout im v intested in school ^^ thats why my teachers like me ^__^

ok back to topic ( i even said that in school cos some dude was tryin to talk to me in school druin a lectur lol well it was more like thats off topic haha)

but yea i mentan they like me cos im intested and my sisters were the same and they just wished my bro could be lol

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

It was my English Teacher for my GCSE's. She was very kind to me and helped me a great deal in trying to achieve all that I that could. She seemed really interested in my hobby as a Ballerina and that I had gone through so many grades without one really knowing about it. She even told someone that I was Ballerina and I got a little embarrassed about it. When ever I saw her around school, she would always say hello and stop for a little chat. Even during Sixth Form she would still ask how I was doing and when I had been offered a place in an apprenticeship scheme she was really pleased for me.

I was lucky enough to see her around town a few weeks ago and she even gave me a hug to congratulate me on graduating University in Choreography. She was one of the best teachers I have ever had the privilege to a student to. She got through many exams and helped me succeed and that is something I will never forget.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast