+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teachers Who Meant the Most...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teachers Who Meant the Most...

My Literature teacher in 12th grade was/is an amazing guy. He's a huge stickler for details, and he's an extremely tough grader, but he really pushes people forward. The thing about him (and most of his students know this) is that he tends to have favorites, and he "picks" them very early in the semester. They're always students who write well, speak well and share his interests (photography, writing, picture books). One of them was me. And though I don't really like the idea of favoritism, it's hard to be against when the one who's getting special treatment is me. ^^;; Not that it was "special" per se; he just made life even more difficult for me. I got extra work, he was even fussier about how I wrote my essays, I was always getting picked on in class..... it was almost as though I was getting bullied. But I learned a LOT. He'd go, "You want to go to good college, right? You want to get into NYU, right? Then you have to write good essays, and I'm going to make you write good essays!" all the time. I'd go to his office almost everyday to talk about work and photography and random stuff, and have Tim Tams and coffee. We were like buddies, like little kids. ^^;; And I'm really, really glad being one of his favorite students meant he was stricter with me, because that really taught me more than I expected to be taught. And because we're both so into photography, we worked on a lot of assignments together, and I learned a helluva lot about photography too. When I left school I made it one of my top goals - that I'd be a better photographer than him in 5 years. And I'm still working towards that goal.

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teachers Who Meant the Most...

Yeah, my CIS instructor is pretty cool. He gives me old computers that I get to gut and rebuild to sell for pure profit. But I think it's easier for College students to be friends with instructors than it is for a high school student to be friends with his/her teacher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2