+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Years

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Teenage Years

How were your teenage years like? How was your relationship with your parents during these years? Was it rocky? Girls, was your mother always bugging you.. saying that you've changed right when you hit highschool? Guys.. same for you? Those who are teens, do you have a steady relationship with your parents now? Or is it rocky and you want to move out? Those who have passed the golden years , how was it like living with your mom, dad, or both parents? Now that you are older, are you guys all right with your parents? Or have you always been, regardless being a teenager?

Me, my mother is always yelling at me. Everyday. It gets annoying, and I cannot wait to move out. I used to be really close to my mother, until I hit thirteen.. from then on.. the path to adulthood has been one hell of a ride.

The reason I pose these questions is because I thought it was only me experiencing this crap. But I asked a few other people, and surprisingly they were all going through the same thing. Do you think it is because you reached high school, so other students influence your behavior?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Years

Mine were pretty turbulent, but for other reasons. Early high school (14/15 roughly), we discovered my alergies were the reason for my, exhadurated emotions during Primary School. So, I was put on a diet of no chocolate, sugar, pork amongst other things. It was such a shift from my usual diet, I literally went through withdrawal symptoms!

For the rest of my high school life, years 8 through 12, my lunch was nothing but tuna on bread. MADDENING!!!! Especially when all the bullies called it "Snappy Tom", a local cat food. Some of the anger for those bullies I unwillingly transfered over to my parents. I was far less than the easiest person to get along with at times.

However, they stuck by me the whole time. Sometimes they were public enemy No.1, especially when they first sent me cold turkey, but they hung in there. My Dad & I butted heads more times than a flock of goats, & I've given up trying to count me Mum's grey hairs LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG ago , but they were always there for me.

It might not seem it, but they are looking out for you. Just like almost every Teen out there (& all the others are freeks who need serious help ), you're instinctively trying to find your place in the world, while your parents are just trying to guide you through it the best they can. Things are different now compared to when they were kids, so they might not always get it right, but cut them some slack. Heck, it's changed a lot from when I was a teen, & I'm only 25!!

Last, but definatly NOT least, be grateful to have your parents. My Dad died about 2 years ago, which means my sister, who is 15, won't be able to have him help her out when needed. I do what I can, but I'll never be able to fill the Father roll the same way Dad did. She gets along with our Mum really well thought. I know I said all those who get along with their parents need help & are freeks, & I'm still saying it. After all, I'm looking after her . As I say to her every now & again, "You have done well, my apprentace..." in a suitable tone...
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my teen years!!! I wasn't close at all with my parents... now I realize that they were right 99.99999% of the time... it was me the one that did not want to acccept that I was wrong.... I (like any other teen) thought that the world was sorounding me.... Actually I am glad to have left the stage a;ready.... *sight* I enjoyed a lot of moments tho... but I really don't wanna go back...
    Now I have a great realtionship with my parents! Now we are able to talk and negociate.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

my teen years? im still a teen, but everything was the same up until the end of 11th grade when i started caring about things. lifes pretty much a mental hell for me know as i try to figure out who i am and what i believe on a daily basis.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still a teenager, so it'll be a few more years before I can really "look back" on my teenage years, so to speak. As it is, though, I've led a pretty average life as a teenager in a fairly conservative family in a very conservative country. I've had my share of being yelled at by my parents; I've been slapped and scolded but never grounded (whew!); I've had times when I could just bitch about a certain someone the whole day long; I've gotten into loads of quarrels with loads of people... but bad stuff aside, I've had a lot of opportunities as well. I've met a lot of great people (as well as not-so-great people) in the past few years who, in some way or other shaped a small part of me; I've taken part in all sorts of contests; I've traveled a good deal; I got the green light from my parents to go to film school; I've become more religious.

An average teenage life, I'd say? I'm probably one of the less sociable teens, but it's not like I'm autistic or anything. At least I know how to speak in layman's terms.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

HI Lavie-san~~~! *waves* <^w^>
    This is my last year being a teenager and from time to time, I would recall back some of my school memories.
    I can sum up that my youth has been a total waste because I never put my heart into doing the things that I always wanted to do. <u_u>
    The friends I had were all right. Though I didn't felt like I totally blended in. It was empty through out my teenage years. Guys and relationships didn't happen for sheep and ... baa~ <T_T> However, I won't deny that there were glorious and fun times I had with my 'comrades'. <^v^>/~
    We did lots of stupid things such as hiding under tables in a forbidden building just to get away from pesky school prefects. Also, we messed up at one of the 7-11 outlets.<n_n> It was very youthful of us to behave that way, right?
    Baa~
    As for parents, I try not to talk to them at all because I don't believe in lashing my feelings and troubles to them or anyone else. It was tough as they would not listen to me just because I am merely half their age.
    Now... I'm living with my mother. I don't get along with her so well because of our differences... She's always in the jovial mood and likes to talk where else I am always in the bad-languid mood and hates to talk or converse.
    Baa.. I shouldn't expose too much of my personal life.

Do you think it is because you reached high school, so other students influence your behavior?
    No. I was not influence by anyone or of that sort. I am naturally born with this lonesome and stray black sheep behavior. <^x^> Baa~
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

~.~ the worse times of my life... i wanna skip this period quickly -.-
    sheesh...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm. im still teen so i guess my prarent relationship is good. i dont talk to my dad very much except on the weekends when he comes home, and my mom and i do lots of girl stuff. well go shopping and talk about stuf other then school. It annoys me, "how was your day?" "how was school?" "what did you do today?" "what do you have for homework?". OMG. my friends even do that.
    anyway theres myfriends who are all buttheads but i love them super. anyone has relationship problems, and turn all her boyfriends emo, which affects me cuz they come whining for advice, and then my friend is non-talk for a week. i wanna scream at her sometimes. my other friend is really funny, but she jsut broke up with her thai Boyfriend and now hes being a butthead to her. oh my god teens have problems, but im one so maybe i have stuff i didnt complain about. nah not really
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast