+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Years

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Years

Quote Originally Posted by Sazurii View Post
    It annoys me, "how was your day?" "how was school?" "what did you do today?" "what do you have for homework?". OMG. my friends even do that.
    I'm sure if you were a mom you'd want to know how your daughter's day at school went, more or less.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Yeah, most of them have this annoiying habbit of actually caring for their kids. It really get's on the kids nerves at times, but they just won't give it up...
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Yeah, most of them have this annoiying habbit of actually caring for their kids. It really get's on the kids nerves at times, but they just won't give it up...
    Well, that is part of growing up. And when you live with your parents, of course they are going to show they care and try to be involved in their daughter's/son's life as much as possible. But sometimes parents take it way overboard and start going through their kids' stuff. Like their personal items such as diaries, and email passwords. Sucks, but that's how life is at times.

That is when relationships between kids and their parents start to go elsewhere. And this usually starts during the teenage years because the kids are still minors, and parents feel they can do whatever the hell they want. Their excuse? "I was worried.." or "I had a right to know what you are doing.. You never talk" Crap. Parents should never go through the personal items or things of their kids. That is a big, HUGE no-no.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate it when people don't knock before entering my room. My dad's the only one who does, because who knows if I might be changing? But everyone else doesn't - they all just barge in anyhow. It's really annoying, and I've argued with my mum at great length about it. We've made countless deals, but no matter how many times she promises huffily not to ever enter my room without my permission again, or to kick up a huge fuss about this and that, she always very conveniently forgets. I mean, geez. No one likes to be interrupted when they're sleeping or working. But apart from raiding my room every now and then, my parents more less refrain from invading my privacy. It's a typical thing... I can think of loads of other people who have the same problems, so I try not to fuss about it too much. But it is very exasperating to have to remind my mum to stop opening the door without knocking first.

Oh, and I'm only posting this here because it seems like middle-aged people don't get as miffed as teens do about people entering their room without knocking. Maybe it's just my relatives? I don't know.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    How were your teenage years like? How was your relationship with your parents during these years? Was it rocky? Girls, was your mother always bugging you.. saying that you've changed right when you hit highschool? Guys.. same for you? Those who are teens, do you have a steady relationship with your parents now? Or is it rocky and you want to move out? Those who have passed the golden years , how was it like living with your mom, dad, or both parents? Now that you are older, are you guys all right with your parents? Or have you always been, regardless being a teenager?

Me, my mother is always yelling at me. Everyday. It gets annoying, and I cannot wait to move out. I used to be really close to my mother, until I hit thirteen.. from then on.. the path to adulthood has been one hell of a ride.

The reason I pose these questions is because I thought it was only me experiencing this crap. But I asked a few other people, and surprisingly they were all going through the same thing. Do you think it is because you reached high school, so other students influence your behavior?

Wow that was one hell of a trip. Probably the most frustrating, most confusing, most unanticipated experience, I will ever have in my lifetime.

My father and biological mother divorced wen I was an infant, so she has never been around. Since my father was so young then, he has always been trying to find that special someone to fill the void. I had to spend my entire teenage years meeting a different woman or wife every other year. Almost every single one wanted to replace my mother, but do you really think that would work with a teenager? Ha, fights broke out everywhere. Divorces left and right, hate, love, crying, depression, insanity, death, sex, drugs, rock n roll and heavy metal. Rocky? Pfft, interesting and boring. That is the word that I use to describe my life.

The relationship with my twin brother has been a very questionable one. When we find something we both have interests in, we can communicate openly. Of course it is an hour a week type of tradition though. My father..well could never truly understand the man up until recently so I have avoided just about anything that really dealth with him because I didn't want to become just like him.

The teenage years were spent isolated, alone, painful mentally and physically, pathetically, uselessly, and unforgetable.

So it was about the same as the next person. I grew up and started to understand my father, my family, and have communicate with my brother..even in the day time.

Good memories.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I hated being a teenager it was the worst period of my life. I would choose death rather than be a teenager again.

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I'm sure if you were a mom you'd want to know how your daughter's day at school went, more or less.
    yes maybe. but its usually the same answer, so now we just sound like robots.
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Thanks

Haha, then maybe you should try injecting a little variety into your answers so you won't have to sound like robots. I think too many of us expect our parents to change when in actual fact we should be changing as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast