+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 33

Thread: Teenage Years

  1. #17
    Newbie Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Lots of fighting, lots of screaming and yelling. my mom was pretty evil. im 22 now, she's still evil but can't do anything about it cuz, im 22 ^^ funny how i fell upon this question shortly after a HUGE fight with my mom. nothing has changed. things will never change -.-

    Love him, Hurt him, Make him bleed.
    Scream his name he's all you need.

  2. #18
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Niimura Tooru View Post
    Lots of fighting, lots of screaming and yelling. my mom was pretty evil. im 22 now, she's still evil but can't do anything about it cuz, im 22 ^^ funny how i fell upon this question shortly after a HUGE fight with my mom. nothing has changed. things will never change -.-

    Oh, that's so sad. It sucks that some people just don't get along with their parents. And I blame it all on teenage years. In general. It's stereotypical. People automatically believe that because you are a teenager, you're going to be having an attitude.. and you're going to be getting into trouble. So parents just prepare for it and sometimes screw everything up.

  3. #19
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post

    Oh, that's so sad. It sucks that some people just don't get along with their parents. And I blame it all on teenage years. In general. It's stereotypical. People automatically believe that because you are a teenager, you're going to be having an attitude.. and you're going to be getting into trouble. So parents just prepare for it and sometimes screw everything up.
    But that's true. Most teenagers do develop some kind of attitude. And it's partly because of the generation gap that parents and kids don't get along well. Parents can't for the life of them figure out why we do the things we do, and we likewise can't understand why they do, think, wear and say what they do... it needs a compromise on both sides. It's not so much that the parents assume you're going to have an "attitude" and then prepare for it; I think it's more like the parents DON'T assume you're going to develop an attitude, and then get really confused and frustrated when you do.

  4. #20
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    But that's true. Most teenagers do develop some kind of attitude. And it's partly because of the generation gap that parents and kids don't get along well. Parents can't for the life of them figure out why we do the things we do, and we likewise can't understand why they do, think, wear and say what they do... it needs a compromise on both sides. It's not so much that the parents assume you're going to have an "attitude" and then prepare for it; I think it's more like the parents DON'T assume you're going to develop an attitude, and then get really confused and frustrated when you do.
    And so they take it out on their kid(s), don't understand why their children act this way, CHOOSE to not want to understand, the kid gets aggrivated..

    and thus the cycle begins, only to end up like Niimura Tooru, no offense.

    This is why I believe communication is key in a relationship between child and parent. Especially during the teenage years, for influence from other kids is a main mishap that goes on during times like these.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Apr 24, 2007 at 09:12 PM.

  5. #21
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    For all the whining teenagers do about their parents, I don't think they try hard enough to understand their parents either. If it's a mistake, it's a mistake on both the parents' as well as the kids' part.

  6. #22
    Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Teenage Years

    I agree, Blue-chan.
    Most teenagers tend to exaggerate about their parent bad behaviors but upon meeting them in person, it's always a different story. <T_T>
    It's sad that some teenagers talk awful stuffs about their parents over some misunderstanding.
    Though I don't like my parents much and not very close to them, I try to at leas not bad-mouth them to other people.
    Baa..... <-_->

    !! runs away !!
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

  7. #23
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    I agree, Blue-chan.
    Most teenagers tend to exaggerate about their parent bad behaviors but upon meeting them in person, it's always a different story. <T_T>
    It's sad that some teenagers talk awful stuffs about their parents over some misunderstanding.
    Though I don't like my parents much and not very close to them, I try to at leas not bad-mouth them to other people.
    Baa..... <-_->

    !! runs away !!
    I tell the truth. I don't bad mouth anyone, especially parents or parent figures. The truth hurts though. It is true that plenty of teenagers exaggerate, but maybe that exaggeration is the point of view the teenager experiences. Who has had a stupid argument and held a grudge? Heard someone, adult, child, teenager, tell a story that really meant something to them but seemed absolutely insignificant to yourself? It happens all the time and opinions vary greatly.

    It isn't hard to fall into a fad or run with a stereotype. Get caught up in the stereotype and you soon become it. My parents didn't love me enough, I didn't have parents, I am the middle child. That sort of thing can hook a teenager easily. When we think of our teenage years, we don't really see it as adult hood do we? We make mistakes then, trial and error, confusion runs rampent because we are kids.

    A friend once told me that the past prepares us for the future. Why else can we look back at those times and give our opinions as they are now?

  8. #24
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Teenage Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    I agree, Blue-chan.
    Most teenagers tend to exaggerate about their parent bad behaviors but upon meeting them in person, it's always a different story. <T_T>
    It's sad that some teenagers talk awful stuffs about their parents over some misunderstanding.
    Though I don't like my parents much and not very close to them, I try to at leas not bad-mouth them to other people.
    Baa..... <-_->
    I do badmouth my parents sometimes, but it's all very typical stuff - "My mom is so unreasonable", "my dad's temper is horrible"... nothing too hateful. It's the same with other people too - I do back-stab, but I'm not the most spiteful backstabber around. But if anyone insults my family and friends I'll be the first to jump up and defend them. It's really funny, this "only I have the right to insult them" mentality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    By The White Wolf in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2007, 09:12 AM
  2. Teenage Violence
    By FLawEdmiNd in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2007, 11:21 PM
  3. Over the years
    By Shade/K' Heart in forum Poems
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2006, 07:07 AM
  4. Teenage Rebellion
    By Chihiro Miyazaki in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Aug 07, 2005, 10:34 PM
  5. Teenage Comedy!
    By Sazzy in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2005, 09:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts