+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Years

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Years

What about talking smack to your parents. Like when they tell you "you have to study more," or "stop being so lazy," "you're wearing so much eyelinear you look like a zombie."

My mother was talking to this Irish woman in the grocery store. She said that her son was talking smack to her while he was walking up they stairs and she got sick of it and uppercuted him.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    What about talking smack to your parents. Like when they tell you "you have to study more," or "stop being so lazy," "you're wearing so much eyelinear you look like a zombie."

My mother was talking to this Irish woman in the grocery store. She said that her son was talking smack to her while he was walking up they stairs and she got sick of it and uppercuted him.
    That right there is just good parenting.

Parents talking smack to you? Those little things there are kinda obvious comments you should pay attention too. First impressions are important, studying will get you ahead, lazy people don't get paid. If you got a problem hearing the truth, well that is a problem you should work out. That's just someone pointing out a disastrous flaw.

Now if they were seriously talking some shit like you are a fat $#!@#$, or you are a slut, or something seriously damaging like that..well thats a different story. That isn't talking smack, that abuse right there!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Tbaism are you delirious or something I can't understand what you're saying in the first paragraph? Or maybe I'm the one who's delirious.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Tbaism are you delirious or something I can't understand what you're saying in the first paragraph? Or maybe I'm the one who's delirious.
    Seriously bud, I had a hard time following your first paragraph when I made mine. Guess we both are stumped on that one. Oh well..it is there I guess, so maybe a third person might figure out what we both are trying to say later on and put it into terms we can follow.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get it. Wasn't Tbaism just trying to point out that parents say some things for your own good? i.e. "You have to study more" - studying gets you ahead; "stop being so lazy" - lazy people don't get paid; "you're wearing so much eyeliner..." - first impressions count. And I didn't really get what you were talking about either, Shodokan. I mean, were you trying to ask us if it's all right to talk smack to your parents or... ???? *scratches head*

Thanks

Oh yeah that makes sense blue rebel I don't know why I didn't understand what he was saying.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always been in good terms with my parents, at least that's how I regard it. So do my parents, I am sure. They are very open and extremely considerate and thoughtful, almost practically on everything. My mom in particular is an absolute goddess; my dad is very silly, but wonderful all the same. Flabbergasted I remain, seeing that not even my older brother, who is sorta a cavalier/rowdy type, ever truly had major arguments with them ~! When he bought his girlfriend [Korean Christian], my parents welcomed her with open arms, and approved their sacred union. They have made no objections, it was little striking to me but that was expected of my parents.

~!! My brother is Buddhist, not a Christian, but surprisingly, the bride's side of the family didn't consider it as a problem, nor did they insist any religious acceptance/conversion ~!!! I wonder how my parents would have reacted if my brother was imposed with such a demand ~!! I say that it was surprising because, many Asian Christians that I know of are quite strict and adamant, if I may say so, when it comes to marrying someone outside their religion.. Among the few Japanese Christians who exist, I never really noticed this problem. Yes, Japanese are awesome >.< Anyways, I do continue to believe that they fell in love without ever knowing each other's religion or any sort of background for that matter, at least that's what my sister-in-law tells me. And of course, I believe her.. She is one Korean who has completely earned my liking.

~!! Anyhow, I feel blessed to have such understanding and lovely parents. They were rough sometimes, but that's what makes them parents. And I love them.
    Last edited by kedar; Apr 26, 2007 at 04:11 AM.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Oh, and I'm only posting this here because it seems like middle-aged people don't get as miffed as teens do about people entering their room without knocking. Maybe it's just my relatives? I don't know.
    There's a reason there's a cricket bat next to my bed, withing easy reach...
    My turf, keep out!
    They have learnt though, with much thanks going to my quick reflexes & my ever growing ability to scare them with ease. You soon learn to knock when we have to pull you out of the roof .

My Mum is actually rather easy going, it was my Dad I kept butting heads with. I'd try to run my life my way, he wouldn't like the way it was going, & the sparks began. I managed to outwit him a few times, with him leaving the room, glaring at me as if to say "Next time Mate, next time...", but usually it ended with a stalemate. A lot of it was because he didn't know all the info I actually did. That & I kinda inherited his stubborness, which is interesting cause normally I'm quite easy going.

One topic that came up excessively repeatedly was my employment status, or rather lack of. He was always going on about how he got out of school & got a job through his dad, & how if he was sacked he'd be able to get another job within a week. In reality, employers would be slow to choose him because of his age, even though he was one of the best Mechanics Transperth (local public transport) had going. Me on the other hand, I was already doing everything I could to get a job, without much success. He'd start using the job-in-a-week attack, I'd throw the facts at him, he'd try shouting & outdated facts, I'd use a quieter-yet-powerful voice & more facts, the neighbours would be able to listen in without any help, sometimes he backed down while others I just left before it got too bad. Needless to say, he never was my favorite person.

And yet, it still hurt when he died. And though we did get along most of the time, most of what I remember are the fights. It's sad to say, but it's true. I was about 23 when he died & we had kept butting heads until we discovered the lumps hiding under his wisdom teeth were going fatal. After that, we kinda called a truce & focused against a greater enemy. Now he's gone, it would be nice to try to do things a little better, but somehow I don't think that'll be a possible option for quite some time. I guess it's up to me & the middle brother, a security guard, to watch out for our sister & scare all the boyfriends she brings home .
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast