+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers Avoiding Parents?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Teenagers Avoiding Parents?

Recently i have been noticing teenagers walking away from their parents these days, so my question is this; Do you think teen's walk away from their parents for a reason or simply just avoid them for something else?

Everyday from the early in the morning when i wake up and prepare myself for to walk over to school on a daily basis i have watched teens walked away from their folks to ignore because of something going on from my neighbors.
    I have been trying to help them out not much but simply the simple things like being a good friend with this teen, since i cannot mention this persons name for a reason, so i have recently discored that some teens leave their parents because of abuse, but that is not the major thing. The major thing about Teens avoiding parents is from Depression, health problems, etc.
    Furthermore parents tried everything they can to help them out, but it resulted that teenagers just want to be left alone not to be heard, nor noticed. Most of this information were mentioned from parents concerned over them.
    So, members what do you guys think about this?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenagers Avoiding Parents?

I will admit, I was like one of those teens who walked away from family and just wanted to be alone because I was border line suicidal depression. So that was scary. I was angry at every one and everything because I saw the world as a mess inhabited by idiots and degenerates who stupidity astounded me daily. Also because I felt completely alone. I mean, I had friends and family and I knew they loved me but I couldn’t feel it. During my depression is when I found my self fascinated with bio-mechanical art and machines and such. The reason was because I felt like just another living machine, half dead and was broken. My life really changed how ever when I found my girlfriend. I see the world differently and I was no longer depressed. The thing is the teens then selves are depressed, in a very difficult state in their life, trying to discover how they fit in to life and to figure out who they are and what person they want to be. So they are lost, sad, angry, trying to find something that they them selves don’t know what they are looking for. I found what I needed, and that was love, a loving relationship. That was my missing piece. It took me 9 years of going through my own personal hell to figure that out.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't avoid my parents when I was a teen...I was one of those who demanded attention at home, center stage. My brother however would zone out when my parents were talking to him and would hold himself up in his room. When my parents realized it wasn't a phase they took him to the doctor and found out he had severe depression. So in his case it was a mental health problem.

One of my best friends when I was in High school used to walk away from her mom, slam the door in her face and generally not talk to her and it wasn't because she was sick or anything. It was because she was a spoiled little only child princess and if she didn't like what she heard she threw an immature fit.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that yes sometimes there could be some deeper meaning but a lot of times it is because of a little phase that happens to a lot...teenager angst.

I'm just me.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    My life really changed how ever when I found my girlfriend. I see the world differently and I was no longer depressed.

Ya know, for me...everything is still viewed the same. Worthless and needs to die. (World, humans, etc).

Anywho, moving on. I think I can say I'm one of those teens, yet really I just have a very powerful hatred for my parents. I view them as worthless (Before you ask why, I have my reasons). From what I hear of my friends, it's mostly because their parents are "too" controlling. They try to tell them what to do for everything. Others just want to be rebels. Or think they're "too cool" (Yes, I've had one say this to me. It was pretty funny for me). I also agree with what Scourge said too.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Jun 12, 2008)

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, here it is in a nutshell. The main reason that you see Teens leaving thier parents is a breakdown in comunication. NO, I'm not saying that the teen is at fault, more often than not the parents are. and the brekdown started when the child was very young. It used to be that parent would take the time to find out when or why a young child was hurt, upset, lying about something, etc. then as the child grew up the knew that they could go to the parent to discuse whatever problem they were having(this is how I raised my childern). Now the parents of young childern and teens often take a don't bother me with that now attitude and then are confused when thier child is depressed or just walks away from the family because they feel like they don't belong anymore.

Newbie ketsueki Tenshu is off to a good start ketsueki Tenshu's Avatar
    Thanks

Teens avoiding thier parents I believe to be only natural.

At that age, I suppose testosterone tells them that they know everything, and are the bigger individual. Of coarse there could millions of other reasons. Such as the family is a broken one, or is in the process of breaking...or even just simply the individual has never gotten along with thier parents. The reasons are endless to be sure, but it is true that more and more teenagers are just walking away from thier parents.

Only those who put their mind to it, can recive all the power available to them

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Ya know, for me...everything is still viewed the same. Worthless and needs to die. (World, humans, etc).

Anywho, moving on. I think I can say I'm one of those teens, yet really I just have a very powerful hatred for my parents. I view them as worthless (Before you ask why, I have my reasons).(Yes, I've had one say this to me. It was pretty funny for me). I also agree with what Scourge said too.
    Well i can agree part of it, but i thought that all people has different genes into what is going on with their self-esteem, appearence into the relationship with the attributes given by the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    Ok, here it is in a nutshell. The main reason that you see Teens leaving thier parents is a breakdown in comunication. NO, I'm not saying that the teen is at fault, more often than not the parents are. and the brekdown started when the child was very young. It used to be that parent would take the time to find out when or why a young child was hurt, upset, lying about something, etc. then as the child grew up the knew that they could go to the parent to discuse whatever problem they were having(this is how I raised my childern).
    Well Ghattenpaw i can tell you that what you raised your children did learn tons of things that can help them in the future even though raising one is really a big responsibility, even though everything turns sour. I have done the same thing here on what you mentioned, had experienced it and well let me tell you something about it; it really turn everything in my life a living nightmare, i could not do nothing with freedom nor have an everyday conversation with friends. It is not that personal with me and neither with everyone else beacause it is really natural for me to be away from my folks for only getting out my anger out of my system to just not hurt no one near me. Well in this present time i had rough times just getting out of my mess that turn everything against me i just wished i knew that there was something wrong with me earlier, well anyways got sidetracked on that.
    When i see teens do these kind of things on their parents i just simply get all weary of the future on my parents and cannot bare what i will do without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsueki Tenshu View Post
    Teens avoiding thier parents I believe to be only natural.
    I can barely notice this saying from anyone about having teens jsut avoiding teens to be only a natural thing. For me it would be not entirely natural but only when a teen gets angry or frustrated about the parent then it is perfectly natural, but when a teen just walks away from them for say about a month then it is not normal because there is some kind of disorder or syndrome about the body being unatural to stick with the parents. Have you ever seen an issue like this back at home near you?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well that and the children are told that they can tell about anything they what to talk about... thats a bad thing to really say to a person who doeas not care because no matter really what they will not do what they are told inside...
    this must be confusing but I'm trying to say it most partents say that to there childern... (mine did...) but they people do not really go to their partents till it's to late... there is a natural mistrust... I know this for me because I will under no condition if not life threatining will go to my parents >.<...
    this and other thing can lead to mistrust and hate of ones parents and in some cases the world and all of humanity.... (not saying I know all there is to know on this... but thats what I have seen in lifes of myself and others...)
    Last edited by basilisk888; Jun 12, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast