+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers Avoiding Parents?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenagers Avoiding Parents?

I am not entirely sure if it is confusing about what you said, but it convinces me that in any state there are thousand's of teens trying to walk away from their parents mainly because of trying to figure themselves' out or simply wanting to experience to live on their own until they cannot keep up.

On my experience it was entirely different from above, the only thing that was different was; that i had stress, annoyance, tons of other things. When i walked out of my parents door, it was for a reason i spoke to them that i really needed space and i wanted to be alone for at least hal a month, and that i wish to find out on the real person that i reall am.

So i set out on my quest to search of something meaningful that is the type of me. Only when i had no idea that i would end back at home with the biggest problems of my life up until this point, since at this present time i am just being offered a good education to get myself a well decent job that is the similarites of my future career, so yeah it seems the problem that i dealt with is being calmed with my presence of knowing that i can do anything without limiting my mind.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

It is normal for older teens (17-19) to want to be away from their parents to start living on their own , But there are a large number of young teens (13-16) who think that they should be able to run their own lives now. If they are a minor then the parents are still LEGALLY responsible for them. this is where the breakdown in communication comes in. If the parents keep the lines of communication open, chances are that the teen will come to them for help when needed or the parent will be able to pick-up on when the trouble with the teen is of a more serious nature and can get appropriate treatment. The parents that don't keep the lines of communication open are the ones that the teen walks away from and rebel against (including the overly strict parent) and then they are surprised when the teen is in trouble.

Which would you as a teen rather have, A parent that you could bring your problems to or a parent that didn't care what was going on with you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghattenpaw For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Jun 14, 2008)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    Which would you as a teen rather have, A parent that you could bring your problems to or a parent that didn't care what was going on with you?
    Well, in my answer this question your asking is rather difficult to answer. I used to be a teen back then, but not at this time because i am learning to control my own life that i can handle, and also how to become strongly mature into the stuff i am doing. The answer i pretty sure have is that it might be both as an equal share, not only because i have not believed into having a parent that can bring you at least something for not feelng bad for a simpliest mistake ever commited in the past.

Having a parent that didn't care what i was doing? Well i did in the first place, and now i am trying to be honest and respectful to my parent even though there is not a whole lot of communication going on. And the second part is having a parent that i could bring all my problems i had, was really not a good idea for me to do since it really bugged them to just help me out. Here is something i had been told when i had problems back then when i was fifteen years old, "We cannot help you out with your problems anymore your on your own this time, fix your own problems now. We are tired of you coming whenever you feel like to just ask for help, so we are telling you to leave us alone." This was not a good saying, because it really made me react to just not care of what would happened to me back then.

I had already answered your question then... My only thoughts on this what i had said is that i had never had a true father to just be there but you know everything must keep on moving and never look back, if you do then there maybe another life for you in the next generation. Right?

|アスタロス|

Thanks

Well, That does prove my point that the lack of communication is the largest problem between teens and parents. It would have made your life more tolerable to be able to discuss your problems instead of brushing you off.

As for not looking back, I say Look back and remember for that is the only way to avoid the mistakes of the past. Especially when you have children of your own. Remember though mistakes, try to avoid making the same ones and always talk to your kids. They have a lot to say.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    Well, That does prove my point that the lack of communication is the largest problem between teens and parents. It would have made your life more tolerable to be able to discuss your problems instead of brushing you off.

As for not looking back, I say Look back and remember for that is the only way to avoid the mistakes of the past. Especially when you have children of your own. Remember though mistakes, try to avoid making the same ones and always talk to your kids. They have a lot to say.
    I say, your indeed correct into what your saying and i will make a good choice in my future since i am starting Community college this upcoming spring since i am ahead of my school work even though too old for it, but i need my diploma for decent jobs.

When i have my own kids in the near future i hope these kids of mine do not turn the way i am or that will happen the same thing?

|アスタロス|

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess there can be bad parents, but mostly I simply don't understand why people turn their backs on their parents. Especially if it's the case of overcontrolling or how to say it, because they simply try to protect you and so on. Ok, there can be cases, when it's really too much, but I've heard cases when ppl go: "I hate my parents!" just because they asked where she/he had been in the evening, because they come home late... O.o ? I mean come on... they're just worried, you would be worried about your, lets say bf too if he came late from somewhere and would ask the same question. And when you're a parent you'll ask the same question to your children, you don't want to lose them just because they decide to walk on some dangerous street late at night, so you need to watch them, it's a parent's responsibility.
    There are people who avoid their parents because there is a reason, but there are also thos crazy people who do it just because they are annoyed of being taken care of or something (which is not a good reason) or feel stupid in front of their friends if they love their parents, or simply because they don't understand their parents.

I have never ignored my parents and I never will, I love them very much and their opinion, no matter how strict it would be, means a lot to me. I am thankfull to them for restricting my partying time, so that I can study better and rise above my party monster friends, who now have children already and live in little communal flats, and I hope that I am just like my mum when I have my children.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmm from what i experienced... i seen many youths and youngsters here avoid their parent's as you say... because..

The change of time makes them feel uneasy or embarrassed with their parents who they think are... "old timer" or how to say it... old fashioned! Yes.. ^^ even i felt that.. i feel very ashamed of bringing or following my parents around : x and my siblings on top of that.. super annoying and very... gosh.. i can't describe it.. totally not my happy time when it's family outing...i always avoid family outings... *sighs* this is also the reason why my relationship with them is pretty weak.. especially dad... *sighs* ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

It's natural for the feeling of wanting to break away from your parents, feel that their to "old fashioned" or behind the times, that prepares you for when you are on your own. But that doesn't mean that the communication should stop. And good communication is the key to a well adjusted person. Teens still need guidance. It's the parents who don't try to communicate with their kids, assume their child wouldn't do any thing wrong, or are so wrapped up in their own drama that they don't care what happens to their kid that are left stumped when the child gets into trouble.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast