+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tell me...

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Tell me...

Kids will be kids. It could be just that they don't have any money or any means to purchase the manga. I mean there are sites nowadays that even let you read manga scans. It could be that they are reading which series might seem interesting to them. In my case, I don't really hang around book stores unless I absolutely know I am going to buy something like at my local Borders or even Barnes & Nobles. For me, I know I tend to be messy so if I did decide to buy manga it most likely would be somewhere in a messy pile in my room. Collecting manga is not really my style either. After I finish one manga series, I move onto the next one. I not like some of my friends who keep it for setimental value or whatnot. Although I admire the artwork, I don't really get attached to literature that much.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    So every time I go to my local bookstore *cough* Barnes & Noble *cough* I go through or past the manga section (they don't have Priest anymore so I stopped caring) I always see people (mainly kids) sitting down in the aisle reading a manga. So tell me, why they do that? I mean, I would just buy my manga and then bring it home and read it so I can build up suspense on the car ride home. Do any of you do this?
    God I hope I put this in the right section.
    I do this every Saturday. I do it because I have time to kill, plus it's a weekly thing for my friends and I. I'm 17, have a job but no car. But I still only buy the manga that I think is worth buying and going to spend a solid 4 hours is an excuse to get out of the house. But I'm happy that not many kids come to sit around for hours like I do. I'd feel pretty silly sitting with a bunch of kids from middle school.

Don't get me wrong, though. I couldn't sit down and read a novel like that. I'd do what you do and buy it to bring home while sitting in my mom's Ford of suspense.

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

People do it just because their broke or bored. It depends on the person,
    at our borders we have the cafe going on, so it gives you a reaon to find a book and read it without buying it. If you sit in the isles they kick you out of the store, you've got to sit on a bench or in the cafe area.
    Ive only been in barnes and noble once..thier across the road from one another...

i find it weird, to go to the book store and not buy anything. I thought that was what the library was for. But things are changing.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

To that I get to this conclusion: different people like different places to hang out. Maybe the kids or people in general that read on the bookstore like to hang out there. For many is pointless but for others that's a relaxing place to read and to spend time at.
    Other kids are broken, there is no way they can purchase the manga, it is out of their reach... for now. Plus we also have to remember that there are parents out there that still think manga and anything related to anime is bad... therefore those kids don't have any money support from their parents.
    But whatever the reason is... the fact is simple: manga readers will find any place to enjoy and delight themselves with a good manga... be this place a bookstore or the bathroom of the house...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

...Why would parents think manga and anything anime related is evil?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Most Americans are ignorant and hostile towards other cultures.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking in your direction you confederate bastards. The rest of us are busy being fat.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Kids are impulsive and playful and want to use things right away maybe not understanding you have to pay for things, are not supervised about correct behavior or just don't know any better.

I don't hang around borders long. I just read a few pages and know what I want right away since I'm a frantic shopper. I don't know what Border's points are for though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast