+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons?

Newbie ulquiorra73 is off to a good start ulquiorra73's Avatar
    Thanks

Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons?

What you say lying is acceptable for the the right reasons.

I think it is. Say a dog in your family passed away. A five year old wouldn't be able to handle it so you say it ran away to a better place or something. Just an example but you know what I mean.
    Attached Images

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons?

Eh... I don't know that, I think telling the truth is the best option.

I mean when you lie to your kids about that kind of stuff and they grow and learn the truth, then they start to wonder, what else is a lie?

Also I think if people ask a question they deserve a truthful answer, like for example "Does this dress make me look fat?" Sure you can say "no it doesn't" to avoid a conversation about it, but then she isn't going to ever hear the truth.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Newbie Doctor who97 is off to a good start
    Thanks

personally i think that if its to protect someone or spares someones feelings then sure tell a small white lie just dont take it to far or it can get out of hand.
    Bang Bang shoot dead Everybody gone bad!! Beat me hate your can never brake me!!!! Tell me what has become of my life!?!? Im tierd of being the victim of hate!!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Also I think if people ask a question they deserve a truthful answer, like for example "Does this dress make me look fat?" Sure you can say "no it doesn't" to avoid a conversation about it, but then she isn't going to ever hear the truth.
    HAHAHAHAHA. Every man will find that hilarious because every man knows that's a loaded ass question, asked only so that you'll give the person a compliment. Maybe another girl can get away with answering honestly, but men can't. If I were to answer "yes" to that question, 9.9 girls out of 10 would be pissed at me for being honest. Telling a girl she's fat to her face is like telling a guy they're bad at sex, even if it's true, you don't say it unless you really don't give a shit about what that person thinks of you.

I avoid lying, but definitely won't tell someone a whole story. In a world full of liars, you have to lie a little bit. Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear something comforting. There are appropriate times to tell a lie.

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA. Every man will find that hilarious because every man knows that's a loaded ass question, asked only so that you'll give the person a compliment. Maybe another girl can get away with answering honestly, but men can't. If I were to answer "yes" to that question, 9.9 girls out of 10 would be pissed at me for being honest. Telling a girl she's fat to her face is like telling a guy they're bad at sex, even if it's true, you don't say it unless you really don't give a shit about what that person thinks of you.

I avoid lying, but definitely won't tell someone a whole story. In a world full of liars, you have to lie a little bit. Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear something comforting. There are appropriate times to tell a lie.
    Your right some girls can't handle the truth however others can. My fiance knows that if I ask him "does this make me look fat?" I want the truth (and I wont kill him if he says yes). If I actually care if something makes me look fat enough to where I ask him, I don't want to look fat in it. I'm a very truthfully person and unless I wouldn't want an actual relationship with the guy I'd tell him that the sex was bad just so it's something that we could work on it to make it better (by the way girls hate being told their bad at sex either).

Here's my thing if it's something for you to tell than that's your choice however if it's not your secret than you have no right to tell it. If it is your secret than either be honest about it right away or lie about it forever no matter what. Personally when I'm truthful I have no problem being so blunt that it might hurt my loved one's feeling however it's because I know that since they know I love them it'll hurt less than if some stranger tells them. That's all my personally opinion though.
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

i think telling someone a lie means you care about them enough to spare them the hardship of what your trying to hide, be it good or bad news. Because that may or may not hurt your relationship (dependeing on how F*!&ing soft they are) and i think most people over look that. I make it a personal mission to be as blunt as possible with my truth, unless you fall under the title of GF or Mom. But i thnk what it comes down to is you'll say almost anything to avoid being cought with your hand in the "cookie jar". thats my two cents love it or hate it could care less, enjoy!!

Do to others as you see fit

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I make a point to never flat out tell a lie. This doesn't mean always telling the whole truth though. If a girl asks if a dress makes her look fat, my response will most likely be "you look fine". See...maybe I think it's fine that she looks like a whale, because I don't really care, or maybe I think she doesn't look like a whale. Either way I don't like lies, I don't like it when people try to deceive others. I don't view the world in black and white, so I know there are times when it's not wise to tell the truth, but that's when I'll keep my mouth shut, or give a answer that doesn't actually answer anything. If all else fails I'll bite the bullet, because I've come to terms with being labeled an a-hole and a d-bag for my honesty. I'm truthful out of respect. Lying implies that you don't feel the other person is strong enough to handle with the truth.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well that depends on the outcome of the results by telling whether it's the truth or lie. it has been shown in the movie watchmen.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast