+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thesis on the people here

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Thesis on the people here

Has anyone noticed on a psychological point of veiw that people on this website love talking about the comparison of male and female genders. It's extraordinary I think it means we always want to try figure out as much as we can about the opposite sex using strong stereotypes that we have grown up with or found out. "What attracts you the most to the opposite sex" is a good example. By the way before anyone starts hating me or biting my head off I don't man harm to anyone.

Tell me waht you guys think and I don't really back up my own thesis because it is a thesis and I need to hear what you think.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thesis on the people here

people have been comparing the two sexes since they've had the ablity to speak/draw cave paintings, and most likely, long long before that as well.

There's not really much to talk about on this subject, since its Human nature to compare things that are different, and try and rationalize which is better.

Lastly, I'll let the fact that you didn't give your own opinion before asking others for theres slide this time, next time, it is required to give your own opinion when starting threads of this nature, as it does help generate a quality discussion.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the whole thread WAS his opinion... hence "I think it means..."

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think it has a lot to do with what's happening in the world right now. I mean hillary is trying to become the first female president, hence there is a lot of discussion in the media and question if a female president could do the job. No surprises that it's being talked about on AO aswell.

It seems we just go through stages, one time it was threads discussing homosexuals, one time it's religion. Depends what's going on I guess

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    question if a female president could do the job.
    There's no doubt in my mind that a woman could do the job of being president. Canada and Britain have both had female Prime Ministers (The Right Honorable Kim Campbell and Margaret Thatcher respectfully)

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that a woman could do the job of being president. Canada and Britain have both had female Prime Ministers (The Right Honorable Kim Campbell and Margaret Thatcher respectfully)
    Also Germany has a female Mayor (Our Version of President), but she has caused more problems than any other Mayor! Germany is in a economic nightmare now due to the Euro and the unorganized and unplanned production of such a currency. Also she took down the wall seperating East and West Germany allowing all the crime and murder to take over Germany. Germany has so many problems due to her now but I do not think that it should be held against all females just because one female Mayor has screwed up.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_C View Post
    Also she took down the wall seperating East and West Germany allowing all the crime and murder to take over Germany.
    I think a little thing called the fall of the Soviet Union had a lot more to do with the Berlin Wall coming down then just one person (My dad's got a sizable chunk of it on his mantle after doing a NATO tour in the early 90's).

And while the Euro was poorly implemented at first, its been consistantly getting stronger year after year (Reserve currency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and if it continues, it will eventually replace the US dollar as the most used Reserve Currency.

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I think a little thing called the fall of the Soviet Union had a lot more to do with the Berlin Wall coming down then just one person (My dad's got a sizable chunk of it on his mantle after doing a NATO tour in the early 90's).

And while the Euro was poorly implemented at first, its been consistantly getting stronger year after year (Reserve currency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and if it continues, it will eventually replace the US dollar as the most used Reserve Currency.

Yes you are right, but this woman Mayor has been allowing the people on the other side free money and space in the more profitable areas of Germany. The Germany currency is getting stronger but it took 10 years about and its caused many problems for my family who when the Euro first came out were still getting paid in Marks Value (the last used currency), but the Euro was twice the Mark. So everyone's pay was at first cut in half. Just now everything is getting better with the Euro, but the amount of Crime and Murders have risen since the middle of the 90s and is still a big problem now in Germany, more so than ever before. (And don't bring up the Nazi's murdering the Jews!) I am talking about long after all the fighting and the wars have passed.

What I'm watching Right Now:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast