+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thesis on the people here

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thesis on the people here

No offense, but I find your point of view to be awfully closed minded and somewhat bigoted.

You're making a rash generalization by stating that all (or most) people from the other side of the wall are all criminals and murderers. They're your countrymen for Pete's sake.

Segregation as been proven time and time again to have detrimental effects on society, and considering that Germany in its history (Pre-1945) is most likely the worst offender of segregation I would think that would be quite clear to you.

If you don't learn from your history, you will be doomed to repeat it.

Now, getting back to the topic of the thread, I for one would love to see a woman president in my lifetime. who knows, maybe Hillary might salvage whats left of the US economy and start working on its international reputation.

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    No offense, but I find your point of view to be awfully closed minded and somewhat bigoted.

You're making a rash generalization by stating that all (or most) people from the other side of the wall are all criminals and murderers. They're your countrymen for Pete's sake.

Segregation as been proven time and time again to have detrimental effects on society, and considering that Germany in its history (Pre-1945) is most likely the worst offender of segregation I would think that would be quite clear to you.

If you don't learn from your history, you will be doomed to repeat it.
    I do have to admit we are segregated. I apologize if I am sounding like I hate everyone on the other side of the wall, but I am not saying all of them are criminals and murders I am just stating that the crime rate has dramatically increased since they have been given free money and been freely moving into the more populated regions of wealth. I don't mean to sound segregated, but its the true and the true might sometimes sounds more offense and wrong than it should. I don't think they should make the wall again and throw all those people back over, but I'm just ashamed to see my home being destroyed. I believe in time that the crime will go down and the economy will become better than the US dollar. I just hate seeing crime rise in a place where people never think about it. Its a shame when people use to feel so safe walking down the side-walk and now everyone needs to walk in groups in fear of being robbed or pummeled.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Well as long as they dont mean to do it in a sexist manner I am fine with it, they can do it all they need to, its just a way to get all of there points out.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey listen guys I don't mean to sound like I'm taking anyone's side but shouldn't Marcel not be judged because he is in direct contact with the effects of tearing down the wall. I think he was used to the way Germany was run before and causing something that changes the course of everyone's life in a bad way has changed his experiences there so don't talk like you can teach him a lesson when you don't live where he does in the first place and not had the same experiences.

Thanks Tsurara because most of the time people don't get what I say when it seems so simple to me but I may be a confusing guy anyway thanks for saving me alot of explaining.

Guys I don't mean to take any sides but shouldn't we value that Marcel has in fact been a part of the wall been torn down. And in that case his opinion should be regarded highly because he has experienced this matter head on when it is just news to most of us.

And Tsurara thank you for saving me alot of explaining.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 24, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

It's normal that there are people with different opinions and people who want to hear other peoples opinions. Otherways forums wouldn't exist.
    Differences between the male and female gender is just an ordniary topic. It isn't like people have talked about it all the time, this forum, like many other things in life, has it's trends. This sezon it's males and females. Maybe... we see people talking about other things too.
    People just like to asses things, try to understand things, people ask and people learn and that's what has gotten us where we are.
    If you don't like a topic you should just ignore it. I ignore many things on this site, I dislike reading philosophic stuff when I'm in a bad mood, for example, therefore I avoid the discussion section at those times...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WishIcouldlivemore View Post
    Has anyone noticed on a psychological point of veiw that people on this website love talking about the comparison of male and female genders. It's extraordinary I think it means we always want to try figure out as much as we can about the opposite sex using strong stereotypes that we have grown up with or found out. "What attracts you the most to the opposite sex" is a good example. By the way before anyone starts hating me or biting my head off I don't man harm to anyone.

Tell me waht you guys think and I don't really back up my own thesis because it is a thesis and I need to hear what you think.
    Consider the age range of the people on this site: generally, the members are pre- or adolescent girls and boys. Gender happens to be a rather prevalent topic because it is important to the members.

Also, we spend most of our lives trying to unravel the mysteries of the opposite gender. It is always interesting to get opinions regarding each other.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The one thing I enjoyed the most on this forum...is the different opinions or different issues.....regardless if it is a he or a she......
    and it is also interesting to see that since there are so many different people of different age, race, color, religion...and to compare their thinking to mines...
    that is what makes places like the Cyber Lounge so diverse and interesting........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie O Castatis Lilium is off to a good start O Castatis Lilium's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really think it matters. Forums are for that kind of thing, after all. ;P
    Boys and girls will always be interested in each other. It's human nature. And most of us on here are pretty young, I'm assuming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast