+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: They all look the same

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: They all look the same

damn americans, they need there damns eyes checked, we asians and chienese do not look the same. im say this because i am asian. If we did look the same i would be looking for the other me in China somewhere

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most Americans have heard comments about asians to the effect of "they all look the same". Anyone who actually IS asian, has been around asians, or has been to an asian country for any amount of time knows, of course, that it isn't true. But somehow, it's become "common knowledge" that asians "all look the same".

( now if we said that about black people, we'd be racist... ~_~; )

I'm an American living in Japan and today while I was eating lunch, the teacher sitting across from me asked me this question:

"When you see other foreigners on the street, can you tell the difference?"

I asked him to elaborate... "well, to Japanese, all foreigners look the same."

All of the other teachers near us agreed.

ARGH! Is there something wrong with our eyes? Or just our brains?

I'm fairly certain that if we can all pass eye exams seeing the same letters, colors, numbers and dots... we're not seeing radically different things when we look at each other.
    well i dont think it'd be racist think like that...even to me "born and rised" in mixed family when i was little i coundnt find the diference in my black relatives nigther in my white relatives too, funny thing is, i have a few asian friends and one of them from China cames to Portugal for a visit for first time and he stayed at my place, when i said i'd pick him from the airport he asked me to use a t-shirt or a paper with his name on it because he said we all look the same to them... that was the oddest thing that someone said to me, well yes i felt offended but only because im very different from black and white ppl but oh well thats life...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    damn americans, they need there damns eyes checked, we asians and chienese do not look the same. im say this because i am asian. If we did look the same i would be looking for the other me in China somewhere
    Dude, most situations in which somethin' like that is said is usually do ta inexperience and that was my point. Most ppl, american or not, aren' usually exposed enough ta other races so that there eyes r able ta descern the differences in the facial features of a peticular race. Nor r they typically trained ta b able ta descern those differences. Sure there r some ppl who say such things outta simple prejudice, but most say it outta simple inexperience. And it's not jus' americans that say such things, somethin' like this isn' an american exclusive; there r many other races in many other countries that say that 'bout others. They even say it 'bout americans.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    well i dont think it'd be racist think like that...even to me "born and rised" in mixed family when i was little i coundnt find the diference in my black relatives nigther in my white relatives too, funny thing is, i have a few asian friends and one of them from China cames to Portugal for a visit for first time and he stayed at my place, when i said i'd pick him from the airport he asked me to use a t-shirt or a paper with his name on it because he said we all look the same to them... that was the oddest thing that someone said to me, well yes i felt offended but only because im very different from black and white ppl but oh well thats life...
    You know that everyone thinks us mixed kids look alike, LOL! There was a point in time when no one could tell the difference between me and my lil bro (who's like taller than me now, LOL). Then there's the triple threat of me and these two guys named Dre and Bry. EVERYONE in Minneapolis got us confused. I'd be walkin' down the street and someone would yell, "Bryan!! Come here!!" And I'd yell back, "I'm not that kid!" LOL.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    the first post was talking about how all americans looked the same to japaneese.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    the first post was talking about how all americans looked the same to Japanese.
    I don't know how thats possible, since we have all different kinds of hair, varying heights, and different accents in some areas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3