+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Todays kids go too far

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Todays kids go too far

This is one of the big stores on the news where i live and i want to kno what u think of it, do u think the kids of today think they can do what ever they want,or is it the perents falt for letting them do what they want?
    A 10-year-old girl from Jamaica Plain has been arrested for a shocking and brutal attack at a Target department store in Dorchester.

Boston police say a gang of four young girls jumped a 22-year-old woman at the South Bay Target just before 4 p.m. Sunday after the woman bumped into the 10-year-old in an aisle and allegedly refused to apologize.

Police spokesman officer Eddy Chrispin told WBZ the girls knocked the woman to the floor, hit her, ripped some of her hair out and took off her pants.

Chrispin said witnesses told police the 10-year-old kicked the woman repeatedly in the head and stomach as she was being stripped and punched by the other three girls.

The 10-year-old was arraigned Monday in Boston Juvenile Court on a charge of assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon (shod foot). She was released to the custody of her parents and ordered to return to court on March 5.

Police are seeking criminal complaints against three other females -- ages 20, 16 and 14 -- believed to have taken part in the attack.

A spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney says the victim apparently did not know her assailants. Investigators are trying to recover any store surveillance footage that may show the attack.

Target issued the following statement:

"Target’s first priority is always the safety of our guests and team members. We take this situation very seriously and are committed to providing a safe, secure environment. We will continue to closely partner with the Boston Police Department and hope for a swift and just resolution to this situation."
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Todays kids go too far

I definitely think it is the parents. My parents are the major reason I am who I am today. It shouldn't be surprising either because they were the major influences in my life. They taught me right from wrong and I now I can barely stand the thought of hurting someone else's feelings or just the thought of doing something wrong gives me the chills.

Also, all the kids my age that are bad or don't give a care for authority either have parents who just don't care about them or parents who just allow them to do whatever they want. When you hear about a criminal's past and how they were brought up you can usually figure what lead them down that path.

That is awful, though. I can't believe they would beat up a woman like that just because she didn't apologize. It's ridiculous! It reminds me of a boy I know named Derrick who almost got into a fight just because somebody threw a little wad of paper at him once. And let me tell you this paper was probably the size of a very small marble. Nothing to get too worked up in my mind, either case.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

True a lot of kids are too far gone. But for the most part kids are only evil to each other. And even though I may be biased, simply because I'm 16, the truth still stands. What the news media always portrays are the kids who are doing wrong and those who are doing stuff to the extreme. But if you truly looked around and got the real information most kids are not that bad. A little screwed in the head but not that bad.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

These four kids were probably out looking for trouble, but still if what they said was true then the victim also deserve what she got. All she had to do was apologize and that was it. Apparently the victims parents never taught her to say sorry.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

if some one dident say sry to me i really dont care its no big problem to me unless it some thing important to me like some of my stuff,now if some one bumped me in a store its no big deal but to go as far as kick the crap out of some one that bumped you and dident say sry is going to far, there is no point in that.
    Last edited by koga23; Feb 12, 2007 at 05:09 PM.
    ....Player Killer....

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely think it is the parents. My parents are the major reason I am who I am today. It shouldn't be surprising either because they were the major influences in my life. They taught me right from wrong and I now I can barely stand the thought of hurting someone else's feelings or just the thought of doing something wrong gives me the chills.

Also, all the kids my age that are bad or don't give a care for authority either have parents who just don't care about them or parents who just allow them to do whatever they want. When you hear about a criminal's past and how they were brought up you can usually figure what lead them down that path.
    I have to disagree with this. You speak with a very broad brush. You make it sound like it's the parents that will determine how their kids will turn out. Like it or not sooner or later a child has to take responsibilities for their own actions. Your parents can teach and teach and teach you all you want but in the end it's your choice. Lot's of 'bad' kids have parents who try very hard to instill good values into them. Lot's of 'good' kids have parents who should never be allowed to be parents. Like it or not at the age of 10 years old you should know if what you are doing is acceptable behavior. If you can't figure out that kicking someone in the foot and stomach is not acceptable by 10 years old then the problem is YOURS, not your parents.

It's not like every child will listen to their parents and blindly obey them. Children are smart. They have their own personality. They know what they are doing. It's not fare to the parents to blindly blame them for every single action the child ever does until they are 18.

Or is every one of you under 18 year olds telling me that you have NO CLUE about what is and is not acceptable, you need your parents there to hold your hand every step of the way, and you want them in every aspect of your life. Because that's what your advocating if you always blame everything on the Parents.

@Pyoro-Pyoro;

Bad behavior never excuses further bad behavior. Not saying "i'm sorry" to some 10 year olds does not justify a beating.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    I have to disagree with this. You speak with a very broad brush. You make it sound like it's the parents that will determine how their kids will turn out. Like it or not sooner or later a child has to take responsibilities for their own actions. Your parents can teach and teach and teach you all you want but in the end it's your choice. Lot's of 'bad' kids have parents who try very hard to instill good values into them. Lot's of 'good' kids have parents who should never be allowed to be parents. Like it or not at the age of 10 years old you should know if what you are doing is acceptable behavior. If you can't figure out that kicking someone in the foot and stomach is not acceptable by 10 years old then the problem is YOURS, not your parents.
    Yes this is true to a point. But if you have bad parenting, It will make it so much harder for that kid to overcome. Only the toughest mentally will turn it around and become good ppl. Yes good parenting doesn't guarantee they will become good members of society when they mature and become adults. It just gives them a step up to those who had bad parents.

Lots of kids would have turned out ok, but with bad parenting end up a burden to society. These kids might be on there way to becoming these people.

Thanks

i do think it the parents do have alot to do with the kids do some thing bad the only reason i say this iv seen it first hand, to the family im talking about the kids run the house not the parents and if say the parents dont really have much to do with it havent seen the family that im talking about.
    ....Player Killer....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast