+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Todays kids go too far

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Todays kids go too far

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post

@Pyoro-Pyoro;

Bad behavior never excuses further bad behavior. Not saying "i'm sorry" to some 10 year olds does not justify a beating.
    But imaging what the victim is thinking now. Regardless, she could have avoided a beating by saying sorry. That is all she had to do. I'm not saying whether it's justified or not. If she just knew what was going happen

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to disagree with this. You speak with a very broad brush. You make it sound like it's the parents that will determine how their kids will turn out. Like it or not sooner or later a child has to take responsibilities for their own actions. Your parents can teach and teach and teach you all you want but in the end it's your choice. Lot's of 'bad' kids have parents who try very hard to instill good values into them. Lot's of 'good' kids have parents who should never be allowed to be parents. Like it or not at the age of 10 years old you should know if what you are doing is acceptable behavior. If you can't figure out that kicking someone in the foot and stomach is not acceptable by 10 years old then the problem is YOURS, not your parents.

It's not like every child will listen to their parents and blindly obey them. Children are smart. They have their own personality. They know what they are doing. It's not fare to the parents to blindly blame them for every single action the child ever does until they are 18. Or is every one of you under 18 year olds telling me that you have NO CLUE about what is and is not acceptable, you need your parents there to hold your hand every step of the way, and you want them in every aspect of your life. Because that's what your advocating if you always blame everything on the Parents.
    You raise a good point but I do still think that parents and how they raise their kids has a lot to do with how they will react and deal with things. But children at that age should know the difference from right and wrong.

To me what majorly develops a child other then genes and such is by social interaction and the surroundings that you were brought up in. Your parents and peers teach you early on what is and what is not acceptable (in short the social interaction). But usually the place that you are influenced the most when it comes to moral beliefs and what is right or wrong is from your parents.

So basically, if parents try to teach you not to fight with others yet the parents fight with each other in front of the child then they will be setting a hypocritical example so even though the parents might have had good intentions the child will probably still fight and face emotional problems. Same example if the parents smoke but tell their child to not smoke.

Though, I will say. Kids have the tendency of when they are not under their parents watch they will do things they would definitely wouldn't normally do. But as you said when children get older they will start making their own choices and will make decisions based on their own will but that choice will be swayed by what they have been taught by their parents and what they have been surrounded by.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    ...To me what majorly develops a child other then genes and such is by social interaction and the surroundings that you were brought up in. Your parents and peers teach you early on what is and what is not acceptable (in short the social interaction). But usually the place that you are influenced the most when it comes to moral beliefs and what is right or wrong is from your parents.
    Though, I will say. Kids have the tendency of when they are not under their parents watch they will do things they would definitely wouldn't normally do. But as you said when children get older they will start making their own choices and will make decisions based on their own will but that choice will be swayed by what they have been taught by their parents and what they have been surrounded by.
    Lets take a look at the ages of the other "children" shall we?
    20, 16 and 14
    Yeah, when a 10 year old is in the company of a 20, 16 and 14 year old and does something really stupid I always assume it is the parents influence at work. What I want to know is why there is a 20 year old setting that kind of example for a 10 year old. The 16 & 14 year old were defiantly old enough to know better.

As for an apology Pyoro, you only guess when you say that someone who would do this wouldn't have if there had been an apology. The responsibility lies entirely with those who did it and they should be punished appropriately, especially the 20 year old.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes this is true to a point. But if you have bad parenting, It will make it so much harder for that kid to overcome. Only the toughest mentally will turn it around and become good ppl. Yes good parenting doesn't guarantee they will become good members of society when they mature and become adults. It just gives them a step up to those who had bad parents.
    But the kid can still overcome the situation. I've seen it so many times personally. It's up to the child. The child can either 'accept' his situation or take responsibility to create a better life for himself. Either way, it's the child's decision...especially the older they get.

Society has to put a stop to the 'blame someone else' game. It wasn't Clinton's fault he had an affair when he was president...he had a horrible childhood. It wasn't Mark Foley's fault he was sending inappropriate emails to congressional pages...it was a Catholic Priests fault for abusing him as a child. Society needs to stop allowing people to blame other people (or their circumstances) when they are perfectly capable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, when a 10 year old is in the company of a 20, 16 and 14 year old and does something really stupid I always assume it is the parents influence at work. What I want to know is why there is a 20 year old setting that kind of example for a 10 year old. The 16 & 14 year old were defiantly old enough to know better.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. That is really what surprised me the most about the whole story. How the other three would join the fight with a 10 year old over something so ridiculous. Sure, you may be a little offended if someone doesn't apologize to you but that doesn't mean you get to beat that person up.

They should have all known better but they obviously didn't or they just chose to ignore it.

Also, what I have been trying to say is that people become bad people usually because of how they were raised and what they were surrounded by. So how someone turns out usually has a lot to do with the parents. Now, if they become a serial killer, abuse their family, or brutally beat someone they should take responsibility for it and be punished and not the parents. Because in the end the child will decide whether or not they will overcome their bad childhood and become a better person for it or they can decide if they want to go down the wrong path. In the end, it will be their decision but in the end how they were raised or what they surrounded by as they were growing up will definitely effect their decision. I just hope that these individuals do overcome it but that just isn't the case a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Feb 12, 2007 at 07:19 PM.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

i am a mid and i seem pretty mature.......i bet those parents are probley drunk...and half of the kids problem is the parents fault. so we should blame it on the adult

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Not just the adults but the people they hang out with that makes them do these kinds of things, people who are bad influences.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

But the kid can still overcome the situation. I've seen it so many times personally. It's up to the child. The child can either 'accept' his situation or take responsibility to create a better life for himself. Either way, it's the child's decision...especially the older they get.
    True, but bad parenting hinders some that would have become great citizens. Not everyone can overcome an family life that is messed up. Yes its the child's decision, but why not nurture a child to increase the chances of them becoming a better person.

For the 10 year old to do this unless shes rosemarys baby, probably didn't have good parenting. They didn't obviously teacher her any morals or right form wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast