+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Time Online?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Too Much Time Online?

Do you ever wonder if you spend too much of your life online. I asks this because I find a lot of my poingnant discussions were discussions I have had with people I have never actually meant. It gets me thinking about how much of your interactions should be online verses offline. I don't know if there is any sort of "healthy ration."

It has become an issue recently since I have had to say a couple times that i was discussing something with a guy or girl online and people thought I was weird. On some occassions I will just say friend or someone but it still seems a little strange.

Personally I think it is important to get out and actually meat people, and not just like at work but really talk and communicate with folks. I also feel that the net can connect you with people of all sorts of diverse backgrounds. The newest way I have taken to solving this is to try to meet someone every day or every few days if time does not permit it offline and also to learn something new eachtime I meet someone I already know.

What do you guys think?????

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too Much Time Online?

I do spend most of my life online or on a computer because technology interests me. As for meeting people, sure it's better to meet people face-to-face to begin with, but I have met a person from my school online and met them in reality afterwards and we are close friends now! Most people in my area piss me off most of the time as opposed to people online who are normally nice.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I have little doubt I spend way too much time in virtual space and way too little in actual space. Sadly, at the moment I do not have the will or inspiration to change that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jan 19, 2010)

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

When I'm not in front of a glowing rectangle, I'm sleeping. That says a lot about my life. *high five*

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I spend a chunky portion of my life in the REAL WORLD, but I admit, I put a sense of priority on my internet life. A rather pointless one at that.

One of the first things I do in the morning, and one of the last things I do before sleeping (often preventing me from sleeping at a reasonable hour), and also one of the first things I do after coming home from anywhere..... Is check my accounts. Which is where it lies in the priority aspect.

What makes it kinda sad, is that I'm often checking for nothing. Messages I did not receive. Friend requests no one offered. Replies to thoughts that no one gave. I find myself customizing profiles that are barely seen. Avatars, signatures, even music palyists. All of which took time and effort to create, but few people aside from me will appreciate them. Updating my mood, when really few people care.

In the end it all gets chalked up to my internet use being a creative outlet, somewhere to let my imagination run wild... and a way to give myself some sense of (pseudo) importance. To display myself. Even if Im the only one looking.....
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 18, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jan 19, 2010)

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Reason why I send time on line is because I just don't get along well with people in the real world. Because The real world reminds me of the clicks in Highschool or the IN coward in highschool..

The reason why I spend a lot of time online is because I have no life and a few freinds in the real world

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Grave Heat For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jan 19, 2010)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I know I do. Between online gaming and online on the computer, that pretty much takes up a majority of my time aside from school and sports. I really can't just break it so easily, it's quite the addiction. Though I still manage to get things done, but I really lose all my chance of hanging out with friends which in turn leads to a few awkward times with them. But I enjoy myself when I do, making the most out of it etc so that I (at least on the inside) feel like it's not wasted.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    When I'm not in front of a glowing rectangle, I'm sleeping. That says a lot about my life. *high five*
    I clearly remember seeing either sawdust or cocaine. There must be some handiwork present there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast