+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too Much Time Online?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too Much Time Online?

I spend a moderate time online, but eventually I get bored with it. I'll check shit several times over, but not much changes, so I go find other things to do..........like old school tabletop RPGs. Swordfighting in the middle of a field. Kenpo. Lookin for a job. Partying.

I spend more time in reality, I will admit. I get bored by staring at screens and monitors to easily.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie T3aKUp is off to a good start T3aKUp's Avatar
    Thanks

There's something about talking to people online that is so much easier than
    talking to people in person. For example; people online are a lot less insecure
    and more open to opinions (this is a general assumption, not all people are
    that way. Especially on most MMOs) so it's easier to find much nicer people
    online as opposed to in "the real world" where people are much more needy
    and base their opinions strictly on appearance and social status (which is rather
    upsetting).

Personally, I am not a people-person and have a hard time getting along with
    people on and offline. Not because I'm a jerk or anything but I'm not the
    conversation-ist type. I'd much rather play MMOs to become more skilled, not
    to expand my social network. I have a close string of friends and haven't made
    much of an effort to make any new ones. I'm pretty content with that.

And at the same time, I'm not very social online either. Much like in "the real
    world" I am not capable of keeping up a worthy discussion. I'd much rather
    go on myspace (for example) to do some layout design and mess around
    with the CSS as opposed to chatting it up with some people from Scandinavia

But That's just me :]
    {茶碗+}

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

not really im at work most the day monday thru saturday 10-7 and i spend alot of time talking to people when they come in to pay phone bills or get information. so i get enough human interaction from happy to the angriest people. I have good and bad converstations with everyone that comes in.

but when no ones here, i want something to do for a bit before i get so bored i loose my mind. So no i spend equal time online as i do with the real world. Its something to do, as well as some debate as well as conversations from someone i dont know, its the different views im looking for most of the time.

but other than that its how i talk to alot of my family back home where most of my closest family is. its bad enough my cousin is having a baby, and im not there so i try to get as much inforamtion from everyone back home and how their doing. It lets me know im still connected to them even if i cant see then on a regualry basis anymore.

the same goes with my good friends, i miss them all like crazy so i have to have some way to keep in touch with most of them.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I clearly remember seeing either sawdust or cocaine. There must be some handiwork present there.
    That's nice Hassun, let everyone in the forum know of my drug addiction. And also, I'm probably on AIM or MSN while I snort off my laptop.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends how engrossed I am online.

At most, I spend half my day online. Even if I spend more than 13 hours online, that's still half my day, as I'll most likely stay awake doing something else for the next 13 hours.

Other than that, I spend more time playing video games than doing anything else.
    Mostly because I play video games WHILE doing other things.
    I can play video games and watch TV, I can play video games and listen to music, I can play video games and "do my homework", I can play video games and draw, I can play video games and read a book, I can play video games and be online, I can play video games and eat, I can play video games to rest, and I can play video games to eventually fall asleep.

...and yet I still don't consider myself a hardcore gamer.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, the Abu's definition of "too much time online" is more than 3 hours. . .

so occasionally Abu will spend too much time online, looking at cute stuff from around the world that i will not be able to afford, nor have the patience/will/mental fortitude to save up for it. . .

on the other hand, homestarrunner.com is never considered in that time frame, becuz it's a completely different online experience~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2