+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Business Manners that Truly Matter

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Top 5 Business Manners that Truly Matter

The knowledge of business etiquette applies to all, whether you’re a successful business executive or a recent college graduate just entering the business world. We can all use gentle reminders of how to behave appropriately in our day-to-day business life. There may be times when you find the adage true that “you don’t know what you don’t know”, so it behooves you to learn as much as you can about the finer aspects of business protocol, as well.

Some may disagree, but in the 21st century, although it is certainly less true than in the past, for a woman to be successful in the business world, she must often work harder, stay later and be more prepared than her male counterparts; unfair, but still, unfortunately, true. There are many things that a woman can do, though, that go a long way in ensuring that she is taken seriously immediately and consistently and that her hard work and knowledge are what her co-workers and superiors know to be true of her.

The following should be your rules to work by:

1. Be Prepared

2. Be Early

3. Dress Appropriately

4. Be Gracious

5. Follow Through
    Do you agree with this list and the above statement? And do you have anything you'd like to add to the list? Maybe make it a top ten instead of a top five.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

Legend (Apr 05, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 5 Business Manners that Truly Matter

I agree completely. Especially with the 'dress appropriately'. There was a woman my mom worked with who would wear very, very low cut tops and then complain that people would stare at her boobs. I don't know if its okay to put 'take some initiative' because sometimes people go overboard with it.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with all the rules but i think it should add 1 rules...that's be honest with the client or
    customer...don't you think?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Honesty is a great one to add to the list. Thank you for that. But that could easily fall under being gracious couldn't it?

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    But that could easily fall under being gracious couldn't it?
    Yes it could,I know i failed on a few of the the top five before.Due to rushing and other reasons.In any case i agree with the statement.

And one that can be added " Eye contact with the possible employer"
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Gracious could also mean offer coffee and doughnuts. (yum)

Being prepared could mean presentation that has humour, and colorful illustrations and is efficient and to the point.

Follow through could mean a handshake with a clear goal or budget to see who foots the bill.

With women I know they have more impact since they can hug at the end of the meeting instead of just giving a firm a handshake making it feel more like family. Touching seems to make a memorable impression.

Dress appropriately certainly applies to the world of real estate. No one will take you seriously if you dress like a bum.

Thanks

And one that can be added " Eye contact with the possible employer"
    Too much eye contact can be taken as offensive so maybe respectful and attentive eye contact?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post

Too much eye contact can be taken as offensive so maybe respectful and attentive eye contact?
    That's what i meant, should have been a little more clearer when i said that.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast