+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The toughest?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The toughest?

Look at this first: Scroll down for comic.

So, do you come from a family of more then two children and if you do, is it true?
    Do the youngest have to grow up tougher then their siblings just to cope?
    Last edited by Arrianna; Oct 04, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nope, just me and one sibling...but you already knew that.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks
    For my family, I believe that's true.
    We're a trio of brothers.

But I have the skills of both of my older brothers, but my own skill to boot!
    I'm rather disbalanced at times, though... I can only be skilled at a few things at a time. Whenever I gain strength in one thing, I lose it in others...

But... I think that's normal... I think.

^_^ ... my older brother who used to beat me up a lot is scared of me now.
    And my eldest? ...well, he hasn't yet tested me. ...so, for now he doesn't know. XD

But it's usually because the youngest play with the older ones and are expected to keep up with them to continue playing.
    In that manner, we usually get a boost in vitality because we had to play with our older siblings.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have two elder siblings, and true, it is pretty tough for me, being the youngest. People say the youngest is usually the most spoilt, but I have no idea how that came about.

Being the youngest, I have a lot of expectations to live up to. My eldest sister has always been a brilliant student (one of those all-A's students), and she's now in Melbourne University studying to become a doctor just like my parents. My 2nd eldest sister, however, isn't quite as bright as the eldest, and instead of doing medicine she chose to go to law school, which my mom wasn't too happy about.

Because of the sudden "drop", so to speak, I guess I was expected to do all my 2nd eldest sister failed to do - overachieve academically and go to medical school - my mom would always talk about the pros of becoming a doctor and blah blah blah and she'd keep lecturing me about my study habits. I've always been a relatively good student even though I'm not the kind of student who can sit down a study a textbook for more than 20 minutes, but I never really won any academic awards in school. Just a bunch of awards from contests and stuff... worst of all, I've decided to go to film school, which is a VERY far cry from medical school.

My mum says she's "given up on me". It sounds sad, but I'm determined not to let it get me down or get in the way of my aspirations.

Basically, yeah, being the youngest is tough IF you have overachieving siblings. Everyone expected me to be top student, national debater, future doctor and all that academic jazz. Instead, I am track team captain, exchange student and Euclid award winner. Personally, I don't think any of my achievements are in any way inferior to that of my sisters', but in a country like Malaysia, where academic achievements are prized way beyond anything else... people don't think much of you even if you hold the world record for number of successful consecutive goals in a soccer game.

So much for wanting NOT to live in the shadows of my sisters.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh, are we talkin' about toughest to raise?

^_^ Well, heck yeah!
    I was one tough &*@#! I practically had ADHD!!!
    And unlimited amounts of energy!

My mom "gave up on me" a long time ago... but that made her realize that I can be independent as I want to be, and that I wasn't telling her to go away.
    I just wanted a little privacy, is all.
    She has no specific hopes on me, other than to finish college and have a good life.

My older brothers had a shadow looming over me, but I didn't care.

Both were athletes, and both very social.

Me? I didn't like sports, and I'm not very social. XD

They both failed all their expectations and burned everything else to the ground. I'm supposedly the "family's last hope"... but I don't care, I'm gonna' keep livin' the way I wish to! ... I know that won't harm the family one bit.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Look at this first: Scroll down for comic.

So, do you come from a family of more then two children and if you do, is it true?
    Are the youngest always the toughest?
    Your questions kinda vague, can you clarify Arrianna? No real clear point.

PS:What wrong with being a Lawyer? Sounds just as good as a doctor.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 04, 2006 at 10:45 AM.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    *shrugs*

My mom thinks being a doctor's the best job in the world. In terms of stability and the type of work you do, I guess. Saving people's lives is a pretty noble deed - but geez, I can't see myself being a doctor for the rest of my life! And NO, I don't have the patience to spend 6-10 years of my life studying fat med books! I wouldn't mind being a radiologist actually, but if I have to go to med school for so many years just to become one... well, no, thank you.

@ SK : It would be nice if I could tell everyone "I don't care", but it really is troubling. I mean, I'll be studying at the expense of my parents' bank account when in the first place, my mom doesn't support my major! I dunno. All my life I've never felt she was proud of me in any way, not even when I won any award. Just 2 months ago I was like, "Mom! Mom! I'm in the top 10% of the world's Euclid scorers!" And she's like, "Oh, that's nice. How much did you get?" "75." "Only???"

+__+;;

But my sisters never get that kind of dubious, shove-aside treatment. WHY!?!?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Your questions kinda vague, can you clarify Arrianna? No real clear point.
    Well, there is a reason I provided the link. I clarified the question just for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    But my sisters never get that kind of dubious, shove-aside treatment. WHY!?!?
    My guess would be because she doesn't understand what it is you're doing. Perhaps if she could talk to an adult in the field they can explain it to her.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast