+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The toughest?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bah. She always says, "I don't know about that industry." And I try to explain to her, and she goes, "How do you know?" And I go, "Well, you can ask (so-n-so)." And she never does. Really, it's not my fault now is it?

Oh well. Doesn't matter. I'm going to film school next fall. And I'll graduate, get a good job, be the world's top cinematographer and show my sisters up. (I'm not desperate to, but it'd be nice to prove myself)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    *shrugs*

My mom thinks being a doctor's the best job in the world. In terms of stability and the type of work you do, I guess. Saving people's lives is a pretty noble deed - but geez, I can't see myself being a doctor for the rest of my life! And NO, I don't have the patience to spend 6-10 years of my life studying fat med books! I wouldn't mind being a radiologist actually, but if I have to go to med school for so many years just to become one... well, no, thank you.

@ SK : It would be nice if I could tell everyone "I don't care", but it really is troubling. I mean, I'll be studying at the expense of my parents' bank account when in the first place, my mom doesn't support my major! I dunno. All my life I've never felt she was proud of me in any way, not even when I won any award. Just 2 months ago I was like, "Mom! Mom! I'm in the top 10% of the world's Euclid scorers!" And she's like, "Oh, that's nice. How much did you get?" "75." "Only???"
    ^_^ Haha, that's what my mom was like!
    We could only be a doctor... or a lawyer.
    She liked it if we mentioned "scientist" or other such.

But we all grew up wanting to be an artist.
    Oh, did that tick her off!
    Artists are never assured a balanced budget, so she really hated it.

... eventually, she gave up... at least, on me.

My eldest bro, she still nags.
    My 2nd eldest decided to move into business, but he's still a jerk to her, so my mom still doesn't like him.
    However... I never was sure what I wanted to be, but artist sounded really fun.

I think she gave up on me when I said "I don't think I want to go to Berkely anymore"... XD

... I kept changing all my ideas. First it was scientist, then detective, then artist, then lawyer, then game producer, then business man, then (the list goes on and on... )

Tough? More like a headache!
    I was one heck of a headache!

^_^ Personal note: She may be paying for your tuition, of which she's neither proud of your major or your grade (which is actually normal for an Asian family if one isn't a doctor XD), but you just gotta' stick to it... make yourself proud before trying to make her proud. If she won't accept you, that's her fault, not your's....

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Look at this first: Scroll down for comic.

So, do you come from a family of more then two children and if you do, is it true?
    Do the youngest have to grow up tougher then their siblings just to cope?
    I have 2sisters and a brother. im the second youngest. I did get picked on by my brother alot, but i was a mommy's boy so i didnt toughen up at all Lol. Im 19 and brother still picks on me when he visits. im about 160lbs and he still manages to pick me up and hit my head on the celing(impossible sounding but yes).

but worthy, is my youngest sister(17), we did the picking on here too, but she..she toughened up very well!. Lol. she used to pick on boys who bothered her, b/c i was so annoying. So naturally she's scary as heck when she gets pissed.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hahah. The only time I think I wanted to go to Berkeley was when I wanted to become an engineer. I was keen on doing mechatronics, and I was acing every Physics test in school as a way of showing my Mom how much I was into engineering, but one year after my parents said "yes" to engineering, they decided that mechatronics was too unheard of and not for girls. +__+ My mom still hasn't learned to live with the fact that she has a non-conformist daughter. My dad's realised it and is okay with it, but my mom...... ah, whatever. She never compliments me. It's as though she doesn't recognise my gifts/talents/passions.

Ah well. It's not like I hate my mum or anything. She's great in many other ways.

Of course, she still compares me to my siblings though, which is kinda annoying.

Otaku Othello may be famous one day Othello may be famous one day Othello's Avatar
    Between the reaches of ones heart, mind and soul...where only a small light lingers.
    Thanks
    Well, after the first child, parents have learned to somewhat take care of a child, so as the second child, you get less freedoms then the 1st because the 'rents have learned better. And o on and so forth. I myself live in a family of five, but luckily im second oldist...i think im ruining my siblings life from the inide lol. I keep making them add more rules to the foundation...soon i will be gone and the will be locked up worse then I. haha. XD

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks
    let's see definitely the toughest since i have 2 older brothers.....oldest used to hit me if i annoyed him n then wen i was like 16 n he held me by the throat n threaten to hit me in the face. I told go on hit me then...i dnt care, i'll still get up...u can hit me till i die...but i aint staying down

not only tht, my dad's like study hard if u want to have a good job (lawyer) n everyday, he relates stuff to studying n stuff. >.< so annoying...not only tht school contributed to the way i am now...kinda like Satio Hajime from Samurai X...i guess it's true but i would have to see wen i have my own my family n seeing if it is true

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks
    no i don't think so.....coming from a family of 3 i think the oldest is always the strongest in some ways they are weak but most of the time the oldest(including myself) are the strongest. my lil bro and sis are stronger than normal kids thier age because of what we been through so i think whatever child has the harder life we become the strongest.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    lol, harder? I was convinced its easier since the younger one gets spoiled more since they ARE the last one. But they do have to live in their sibling's shadow sometimes, which would suck I agree. I don't know, being the youngest would seem to have its perks, the oldest or at least the older have already done anything and if your friendly with them they'll tell you what happens, you can know what they didn't know at the same age AND elaborate on it, I mean overall I think little brothers or sisters got it good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast