+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble remembering things

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Trouble remembering things

Well, I've found out this problem some time ago, it's like when I learn something new then after that no matter how hard I try to remember it I just can't! It's extreamly frustrating because I'm getting nearer and nearer to the EXAM OF MY LIFE. So, how do you remember stuff(those in text books)?

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Trouble remembering things

notecards/flashcards, extensive studying, maybe you have a disorder? and no worries everyone has their memory lags every now and then, i remember something, but forget when im taking the test, but then remember after the test.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

just do a lot of reading and studying you will do fine i was piss i got a 98 on my ast but i was 1 point for makine army intl

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Repetition is the key. The more you read something over and over, the more you will remember. Also try writing it out. For some people that helps. What works best with me is to associate it with something that you will remember. For example, if a word sounds like another word that you use often try to tie the two together so when one comes up you will remember the other.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

First of all, GET LOTS OF SLEEP. It's during REM sleep that short term memory is processed into long term memory. And since it takes 2-3 hours of sleeping before you enter REM sleep...

Second, avoid recreational drugs, as Marijuana and alcohol are known to interfere with long term memory.

Third, studies have shown that the brain is better at processing relationships then it is at memorizing facts, so when you study, try to think of the information in relation to something that you already know, as understanding the relationships of things is always the key to learning...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

LenMiyata let me say this, all I do is sleep yet I don't remember what anyone says to me, ok you got me on the drugs part... and I study alot, its not that easy just to remember about anything.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    LenMiyata let me say this, all I do is sleep yet I don't remember what anyone says to me, ok you got me on the drugs part... and I study alot, its not that easy just to remember about anything.
    Haha, but too much sleep is not good for your mental health either; that results in lethargy. I am certain that Len-sami meant 6-8 hours of sleep as "lots". Aside from he said, I have a few things to recommend that might enhance one's ability to remember and retain learning materials offered in school. I will keep it short!

- Acquire the habit to devote a considerate amount of time to actively review all the matters that have been covered in classes on a daily basis.. ~!!! In addition, it is a good practice to generate questions from what you learned, and try to answer them in your own words!

- Do meditation for at least a half hour! Believe me, it surely helps!

- Try not to put up studying for days, and return back to it after enjoying a couple of days with no mental exercise. Daily stimulate and indulge your mind with school-related subject matters.

- Lastly.. I find it very helpful to actually study with people, to whom you can explain what you learned. ~!! To be able to do that, I think, means that you most likely grasped the material ~!!!!! I participate in study groups, and teach tutorials. They are very help, indeed.

~!!! Well, that's it from me. Oh yeah, for me, having a really 'hot' teacher helps me remember things even better. Hence, I always scored the highest in my Physics class.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, not everyone is created equal. I have a friend who is like you and he is struggling so bad in college right now. One of the smartest guy I know in engineering, so smart he would even tutor all his friends about the material before the test day and they would all pass but him. Not like he doesn't know his stuff, just that it all goes poof when the test comes...seems like there's nothing you can do...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast