+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble remembering things

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Trouble remembering things

My way of remembering test info. is studing like 5 minutes and play vids. Somehow I just remeber the teacher talking about the questions in the exam and i remember evrything. Try it just listeng and dont make bottles !

perdoname michelle!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

What helped me when I was in school was not eating till after I studied and I spent a few hours studying too. Not just a few minutes here and a few minutes there. Sit down in a quiet area nothing playing in the background to distract you and study. Don't stop for anything unless its the bathroom break. After your done studying go eat something and fall asleep. What also helped me was writing all the information down by hand because the more you write it the better you will remember it. Take notes as your teacher is going over something and also pay close attention. Just reading is not enough keep that in mind.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Ky-lyrra's way was suggested by my teacher ( history teacher actually, he remember all the history and can even tell you the exact year! wow! ).

Just like Pyro-pyro said, sometime I was kinda like that, once I tried to memorize my whole form 4 Chemistry text book's info in one day but I did only about 60% of the info which was considered to be common sence to my other classmates(sob).

About the meditation thing suggested by kedar, to tell you the truth I didn't have any idea on meditation.

As for LenMiyata's suggestion(btw what's REM sleep?), I can try to sleep 8 hours a day (normally I only sleep for approx. 7 and a half hours a day, then I fill the rest of them up by sleeping when it's recess, and I do tried not to eat as suggested by my hist. teacher and Ky-lyrra), well I don't have to worry about the drugs part coz I don't and won't do drugs.
    And if what kedar said is true, how much is actually too much sleep?

And what's lethargy, note/flash card? Also, will these work on complicated subjects? (e.g language, BIO, CHEM, PHY? especially PHY.)

p/s: Ah!!! Today I just found out the exam was going to be in October this year!( coz today is my first day back 2 school.) Nooooo!!!! Help!!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    once I tried to memorize my whole form 4 Chemistry text book's info in one day but I did only about 60% of the info which was considered to be common sence to my other classmates(sob).
    Chemistry? Memorize? For subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, and mathematics, you would have memorize and understand some set of laws/rules, but the rest you should be able to do it with logic, problem-solving I mean, I think ~!! And besides, you should not cram all the exam material in one day. That's bad, unless if you are fast learner, which I am not.

About the meditation thing suggested by kedar, to tell you the truth I didn't have any idea on meditation.
    [.....] Do you mean that you don't know how to meditate, or that you didn't think meditation could help you in pursuit to ace an examination? I generally meditate daily, and it seems to generate mental composure, so it surely helps one to remain calm during exams, and thereby help one to not forget during the time when the exams are being passed out.

I believe that meditation helps!

As for LenMiyata's suggestion(btw what's REM sleep?), I can try to sleep 8 hours a day (normally I only sleep for approx. 7 and a half hours a day, then I fill the rest of them up by sleeping when it's recess, and I do tried not to eat as suggested by my hist. teacher and Ky-lyrra), well I don't have to worry about the drugs part coz I don't and won't do drugs.

And if what kedar said is true, how much is actually too much sleep?
    REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement. From what I learned in my psychology class, REM sleep is essential for memory consolidation [to strengthen and/or to make solid], and for proper neuronal development! Apart from that, other things have already been said in Len-sami's post.

How much is actually too much sleep?

That I think is sort of relative. According to my Master, whom I miss very much, sleep over 6-7 hours is your ticket to be born as a bear in your next life. Haha! I think 6-8 hours of sleep is normal, and anything over that is doing it too much, excluding babies and really old people, of course!

And what's lethargy, note/flash card? Also, will these work on complicated subjects? (e.g language, BIO, CHEM, PHY? especially PHY.)
    ~!!!!! To feel lethargic means to be sluggish or feel lazy. You know, that feeling you get when you sleep too much. As to your other question, I have seen it help many people, but all that depends of your style and study ethics, I believe. I myself don't do that sort of stuff, but what I do is, carry a slate or a notepad with a bunch of blank sheets of paper, and practice as many problems I can... That's about it. I generally don't take much notes in class. Mostly, I either pay close attention in class and read the text book later, or photocopy my trusted friend's notes.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Thats Rapid Eye Movement sleep, a state that you enter when you start to dream. The current recommendation for young teenagers is 8 - 10 hours of sleep, with 8 hours the minimum recommended value...

And don't try to cram the material the night before the test. You need to practice and study continuously to lean the material. If you don't understand the material, a night of cramming before the test won't be of much help. And if you do know the material, it's better to get a full night of sleep then try to do a cram review session...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Melarik Laokuzzia may be famous one day Melarik Laokuzzia may be famous one day Melarik Laokuzzia's Avatar
    Thanks

I have trouble remembering who still knows me....
    and what I say.

I forget a lot....
    like me password on that other site.

sorry if this post is incorrect......^^;;

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Chemistry? Memorize? For subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, and mathematics, you would have memorize and understand some set of laws/rules, but the rest you should be able to do it with logic, problem-solving I mean, I think ~!! And besides, you should not cram all the exam material in one day. That's bad, unless if you are fast learner, which I am not.

[.....] Do you mean that you don't know how to meditate, or that you didn't think meditation could help you in pursuit to ace an examination? I generally meditate daily, and it seems to generate mental composure, so it surely helps one to remain calm during exams, and thereby help one to not forget during the time when the exams are being passed out.

I believe that meditation helps!

REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement. From what I learned in my psychology class, REM sleep is essential for memory consolidation [to strengthen and/or to make solid], and for proper neuronal development! Apart from that, other things have already been said in Len-sami's post.

How much is actually too much sleep?

That I think is sort of relative. According to my Master, whom I miss very much, sleep over 6-7 hours is your ticket to be born as a bear in your next life. Haha! I think 6-8 hours of sleep is normal, and anything over that is doing it too much, excluding babies and really old people, of course!

~!!!!! To feel lethargic means to be sluggish or feel lazy. You know, that feeling you get when you sleep too much. As to your other question, I have seen it help many people, but all that depends of your style and study ethics, I believe. I myself don't do that sort of stuff, but what I do is, carry a slate or a notepad with a bunch of blank sheets of paper, and practice as many problems I can... That's about it. I generally don't take much notes in class. Mostly, I either pay close attention in class and read the text book later, or photocopy my trusted friend's notes.

O.K, I can live with maths (a little), but stuff like chem., phy., bio., I mean chem's got some relation with maths ( when you count concentration, molarity, that kinda stuff), and phy.'s got tons of maths in it and many laws.

Also, what I meant abt meditation was I don't know how to meditate, not that I don't think meditation won't help in exams. If that's gonna work then I'd definately try it. (I'd try anything to ace this coz I was just informed by by teacher that retakes are not allowed, no matter what you do, and thats why I'm so desparate abt my memory prob.)

Misc: will sleeping 6-7 hours a day really get someone rebornt as a bear?!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

8 - 10 hours of sleep, with 8 hours the minimum recommended value...
    Are you serious? I sleep 14 hours a day.... lmao as for remembering things I think I have better remembering skills when I am asleep, can it be?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast