+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: true love

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    On a Friday night instead of going on a date with an attractive female I went to a martial arts class and wrestled with sweaty men. That is a totally gay thing to do.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    What is it to love someone truly, eh? I remember once reading an essay written by a highly-ranked monk, and I have what he said written in a book, where I group all the memorable things I come to embrace. So, here it is:

I once had a friend who grew to be very close to me. Once when we were sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled the palm of her hand with some water and held it before me, and said this: "You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love." This was how I saw it: As long as you keep your hand caringly open and allow it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to close your fingers round it and try to posses it, it will spill through the first crack it finds.

This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love...they try to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the water spilling out of your hand, love will retrieve from you . For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its nature. If there are people you love, allow them to be free beings.

Give and don't expect.
    Advise, but don't order.
    Ask, but never demand.

It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may take a lifetime to truly practice. It is the secret to true love. To truly practice it, you must sincerely feel no expectations from those who you love, and yet an unconditional caring."

Passing thought... Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; but by the moments that take our breath away.....

[Note: This is only a brief summary of the essay!]
    Hmm, yeah, that made me go speechless. It also stimulated me to introspect, so I did rest on it for quite a long time ~! So, where do I fit into this picture?!? All I can say is, I don't think I am there yet!! I shall leave all further judgement to my silent future love. Where is my Plum?! Heh, maybe I can ask her to post back here, in the future, then I will warn for breaking the dead thread rule, and warn her more, if she rates me low.. [.=.] Aside from that, I will live up my words and principles, so I am going to accept her for what she is, and work to see her happiness never ends.

!!! Plum: Am I to you as what you are to me? Nah, as of yet, I don't think she has the courage to shout that to the world, nor she may doesn't know whom I am referring to. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by kedar; Oct 14, 2006 at 08:29 PM.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: true love

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    I once had a friend who grew to be very close to me. Once when we were sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled the palm of her hand with some water and held it before me, and said this: "You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love." This was how I saw it: As long as you keep your hand caringly open and allow it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to close your fingers round it and try to posses it, it will spill through the first crack it finds.

This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love...they try to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the water spilling out of your hand, love will retrieve from you . For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its nature. If there are people you love, allow them to be free beings.

Give and don't expect.
    Advise, but don't order.
    Ask, but never demand.

It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may take a lifetime to truly practice. It is the secret to true love. To truly practice it, you must sincerely feel no expectations from those who you love, and yet an unconditional caring."

Passing thought... Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; but by the moments that take our breath away.....
    Woah... After reading that, I'm utterly speechless. It makes so much sense, and yet, I can't say that I fully understand its implications. Perhaps I'll have to find that special someone, and experience it for myself. At the tender age of 1*, I still have time to search. It might take 20 years, but I'll keep searching!

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: true love

I believe I found true love, but I don't have reasons to why I feel that.
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7