+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Turning Japanese?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Turning Japanese?

In consideration of a recent accusation about anime fans being fanatical about all things Japan I wondered if anyone else had seen this:

Model to Undergo Plastic Surgery to Make Eyes Look Japanese
    A Brazilian model is having nylon wires implanted in her eyes to give them an oriental slant.

Angela Bismarchi will lead her samba group in a contest at next month's Rio Carnival and is having the procedure to celebrate 100 years of Japanese immigration to Brazil.
    Now she's married to a plastic surgeon and can afford it but if it was an affordable outpatient surgery would any of you consider doing the same thing?

PS. Before anyone says anything the title of the thread comes from a song.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie dark angel is off to a good start dark angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Turning Japanese?

no i wouldnt... first off i hate doing things 2 my body that might hurt it.... and i like the way i am... even if i hate the way i look^^
    ****<darkangel>**** the darkness will always come... just never like u exspect....

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    In consideration of a recent accusation about anime fans being fanatical about all things Japan I wondered if anyone else had seen this:

Model to Undergo Plastic Surgery to Make Eyes Look JapaneseNow she's married to a plastic surgeon and can afford it but if it was an affordable outpatient surgery would any of you consider doing the same thing?

PS. Before anyone says anything the title of the thread comes from a song.
    LOL! The weirdo in me is saying that I would do it.

I know I wouldn't though. It's just too creepy to me. I hear too many stories of plastic surgery gone wrong. Besides, why would I want to kill the great features given to me by the Gods? I believe that each person is unique in every way, our physical features being the key defining point. People who go under the knife in order to make themselves more "beuatiful" are people with VERY low self-esteem issues.

Today's society has taught mostly everybody that "we're all ugly" and "beauty is the highest standard". So, there's this wave of people trying to make themselve look better; be it fake boobs or nose replacement. The eye thing is a new one. I'm willing to bet that's gonna be more popular than breast implants one day, LOL.

Since we're on the subject of "beauty", has anyone else heard about the women in China who've taken intrest in the Western culture's beauty standards? Turns out they're using all sorts of different "black market" beauty products that are supposed to make them look younger/prettier (like our products, but...), yet they all backfire. They come with different side effects, most of which are harmful to the body. So, there are these women in China who used to be so damn beautiful and are now burned, scarred and in pain from random experimental surgeries. Isn't that crazy??? I heard that on the news about a week ago.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Ok now i am lost! I was watching a show on Oprah, and she had some Viatnamese and Japanese people on her show talking About how some of the girls would get these sergerys done on there eyes because they dont have that little flip on their eyelids, and pluse getting your eyes done to look japanese is just not right.

Well that is in my own words, But i say dont try to change your self phisically, and some times when people change they end up not even looking better it makes them look different becaue the style didnt go with their original body!

If you want to spend so much money! Try buying anime, because these sergerys can cost lots!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to highteckdudu For This Useful Post:

jessicacheers (Feb 01, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Talk about being some one your not.
    I am happy the way I am thank you very much and there is no way in hell any one will convince me other wise to do so. I highly dislike needles, and the thought of some one poking and prodding any part of my body gives me the heeby geebies. The only way I would ever go under the knife is if it is to save my life.

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Not exactly sure how the world's second largest population of Japanese people feel about it but I find it offensive. Its like someone caucasian going up to my mom with their eyelids taped back and saying "look I'm just like you, aren't you honored?!" This also goes along with my low opinion of plastic surgery and all the negative issues surronding it. So, no, I wouldn't consider it. Although my eyes are semi asian anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by highteckdudu View Post
    Ok now i am lost! I was watching a show on Oprah, and she had some Viatnamese and Japanese people on her show talking About how some of the girls would get these sergerys done on there eyes because they dont have that little flip on their eyelids, and pluse getting your eyes done to look japanese is just not right.
    its called Asian blepharoplasty or the double eyelid surgery. A procedure where the eyelid is reshaped to create an upper eyelid or crease to look more caucasian. I think that women/men should be proud or atleast content with the way they look, the way nature intended. Its sad that some people need this procedure to feel acceptable.
    Last edited by Evol; Feb 01, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm just going to say this first but wouldn't getting Japanese facial feature look weird if u had a Caucasian face or otherwise? sure i guess u would look a bit more Japanese but you face wouldn't be proportional anymore. man to me it would just be the same as somebody getting there nose done to look like Pinocchio.

man i wish people weren't so greedy these days be it looks, money, possessions, etc. to me, that's where all of this sprouts from. people should be grateful with the looks they already have, even if they are not the most beautiful person in the world. if it doesn't have a heavy affect on the quality of your life then you should be happy with the way you look.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

After having read the article, I'm inclined to think that Japanophilia is the least of this woman's problems:

"this will be the 42nd time she has had plastic surgery and she is closing in on the world record of 47..."

At this point, I think we can all safely say that this woman is unhappy with herself in general and it's getting a bit difficult to find bits of her body that are still pliant enough to chop up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast