+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Turning Japanese?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Turning Japanese?

i would never change my self
    oh and last night me and me mum were looking at a bunch of like plastic surgeries gone wrong. *PUKE* it was nasty.
    i dont know what it matters what you look like.
    i mean i konw its good to look good once in a while but to change what god gave you and what your parents gave to you is im my book wrong.
    i dont like it.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    In consideration of a recent accusation about anime fans being fanatical about all things Japan I wondered if anyone else had seen this:

Model to Undergo Plastic Surgery to Make Eyes Look JapaneseNow she's married to a plastic surgeon and can afford it but if it was an affordable outpatient surgery would any of you consider doing the same thing?

PS. Before anyone says anything the title of the thread comes from a song.
    Brazil is the most crazy place in the world when the subject is looks, I went there twice and not change at all, women and men also do incridible stuff to theirs bodies just to look nice...its sick but really ordinary in this days...to see how sick it is, most of all women in Brazil spend half of theirs salary in beaty's produts...well i have no time to think change myself...coz i like the way i am!!

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well.
    Quite frankly....I don't think anyone should change themselves like that, in the facial region.
    We are created in certain ways, all of us, and we should try to keep ourselves that way, instead of messing around with different aspects of our bodies.

-sai.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, if I had something like that done I would look awfully weird. It would not look right at all XD.
    I will say the whole idea of it is pretty amusing. Seems like the act of the ultimate otaku.

The surgery sounds awfully dangerous though. I mean that is your eyes O_O if they messed up geez.

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah, Just think if they messed up whie doing the surgery, and your eyes just got boned in the process, bam, your blind.
    Very unlikely...but it could happen.
    And yes....It would look really weird for like, let's say an american to have asian type eyes lol.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL, no, but only because I like my eyes the way they are. And being Asian myself, I don't see why I would want Japanese (mongoloid?) eyes. I don't know what "Japanese eyes" are, but I'm assuming they're small and slanted, like a lot of other East Asian eyes. =/

I complain a lot about my face, but I really don't think I'd undergo surgery to change the way I look. I miiiiight consider lipo, but that's just fat removal, not so much changing your "base appearance" (for lack of a better term). I'm not THAT disgusted by my own looks. ^^;;

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, so no one feels that surgery is worth it for something so inane (a good stance if a little surprising) so how about a more serious situation.

What about those who live in Japan and deal with prejudice on a daily basis because they don't look the same? People who are part Japanese or of another Asian background and don't quite fit in but with a small surgery like this could pass as the same as everyone else? I have heard from those who aren't Japanese but look like they are that the prejudice they deal with is minute compared to the ones that don't. Would it be worth it to have that same advantage for someone who has to live in Japan?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

There is more to race than almond eyes...

Just like asians having eyelid surgery: it's usually not as much an issue of wanting to actually be or pass for another ethnicity as it is to appear more exotic or attain desireable features associated with another ethnicity.

There are actually many asians born with a double eyelid. It occurs naturally in Japan all the time (and those who have them are praised). But because it is a desireable feature and the tighter hooded eyelids are associated most with the image of asians to other ethnic groups it becomes a racial issue in ethnically mixed cultures. Within Japan, it's a nonissue. In the Asian-American community it's considered an epidemic. Depends on your perspective.

Even a white person or hispanic goes through the surgical equvalent of scotch-tape to the eyelids: their skin tone, hair color, body/skin/hair type, mannerisms and language will still make them stand out as "gaijin". The only thing the surgery would accomplish is to make you less attractive to the Japanese by removing a natural feature they value.

This lady is an attention-whore looking to promote her samba group with a racist gesture through excessive plastic surgery that's already resulting in the attention she craves. Something tells me that she intends to reverse the surgery a few days after her samba show. It's a gimmick to get press.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast