+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unaccompanied Minors

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Unaccompanied Minors

Before the hack I began a discussion on a law stating that persons 16 and under must always have adult supervision. I think it hampers self reliance and independants. People need room to grow. My parents would leave me and my brothers alone on the weekends and on vacations with emergency contact numbers and enough money for food and that was that.

I think that really paid off in getting us to think independantly and act on are own without supervision. And this in turn contributes to integrity. This law is unreasonable and should not be enforced.

But tell me what you think.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Unaccompanied Minors

The only way this law would be enforced is if the police had a reason to check the inside of a house while the parents were gone.

The only way that would happen is if the neighbors call them in. That could be encouraged by loud noises, a fire, too many strangers being invited in, odd shadows in the window, odd sounds, or etc.
    Well, I suppose there is the way if the parent told a co-worker and the co-worker either hated them or was overly-concerned --- that would also lead to them calling the police on that.

In reality, this law isn't a problem unless a different problem occurs.
    No police go to each house just to check if there's children unattended there or not.

I encourage this law, as it has more uses and pros than it does misuses and cons.

Newbie Kaynil may be famous one day Kaynil may be famous one day Kaynil's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe after 13 years olds is perfect age to start slowly giving more room for the teenagers to have a try and grow in experiences at their own pace.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think laws are in place to make those of us who're are "responsible" or think we're capable of functioning without the law more comfortable.

I know some people who got drunk, and were able to drive home without a problem.
    I drive without my seat belt WAY more than I should and feel completely safe.
    I also J-walk.... If dont see any cars... I'm crossin'

But the law made, stating we can't drink alcohol and operate a vehicle. Was meant to prevent people from getting drunk and risking their lives, or someone else on the road. Because MANY peoples driving is drastically impaired with the consumption of alcohol.

The seat belt law is to save your butt when something goes unimaginably wrong on the road.

And no J-walking sure would have helped that pedestrian that was killed by a van near my house last month.

Point being... Laws are going to be broken anyway, but we don't need to encourage it. There are likely more irresponsible kids under age 16, than there are responsible ones. And I KNOW there are many more parents who'd abuse the right to leave a CHILD home alone, if there were no law in place. It is one thing to leave a teen for a few days. And quite another to abandon a 16 year old for weeks or months on end. Which happens. That is why the law is in place.

Even if the 16 year old had a job, and a car with a license. They are not an adult. They still need guidance. If the parent\minor truly felt guidance wasn't needed. Then they would need to pursue emancipation. That's the correct way to go about that.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

When i was 8 and my brother was 12 we had to watch our little sister who was 2 do to an issue with a babysitter. But we got through with it. Even though we had to grow up faster then others our age. Both of the parents were always workin and so we became the ones who cooked and did everything around the house. So we survived luckly without supervision so it would probably depend on the environment that you are left in and if the children left alone don't need that much supervision.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm..

There are certain things about this law I approve of. For instance: children left alone are at risk of getting hurt, or getting in trouble. Because the parents aren't there to make sure they behave themselves.

Then again there are things I disagree with. We should be able to chose how we raise our children. (Liberty? Freedom?? Isn't that what America is supposed to be???)

Meow. :3

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Point being... Laws are going to be broken anyway, but we don't need to encourage it. There are likely more irresponsible kids under age 16, than there are responsible ones. And I KNOW there are many more parents who'd
    I think that hits the nail on the head pretty hard. Let's be honest, police don't really go knocking on doors to make sure this rule is being followed. More like if they catch it happening it gives them a reason to take action, and mostly that is what happens. Certainly the opposite of thsi law is blind neglect. But I think what gets me is the shear dictating the government gives over peoples choice of raising their children.

+ Reply to Thread