+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uncultural language?

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Uncultural language?

Oh score!
    Yeah, my school has A Latin teacher... he is the Latin department.

Anyways!
    Why is English uncultured? It's spoken in a lot of countries (as a second language and some as a primary).

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post

Well the thing that shocked me the most was that a guy said that English is an uncultural language.How far would you agree with this?
    What does a language has to have to be "cultural" or good?
    What makes a language bad?
    Why is French said to be a beautiful language?
    Why is German said to be an ugly language?
    and so on...
    Also can bring in which language is your favourite language and why? and anything else you want to comment with...

Definition of language: a body of words and the systems for their use common to a people who are of the same community or nation, the same geographical area, or the same cultural tradition.

Definition of culture: the sum total of ways of living built up by a group of human beings and transmitted from one generation to another.

Sounds like language.. is a just part of culture.

As for the "bad" language and "good" language? The german language is called harsh becaus of the way it sounds.. listen to it.. the words are all cacophonous. As where the french language.. the words are softer in context.

Spanish and swahili happen to be My favorite languages. As for why? I just enjoy listening to the melodies and clashing of words..
    Seduced by Flesh

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not under stand their defenition of a language as "uncultural" If you look into the English language you would find that its a mix of many different languages, Laten, German, French, Spanish, the list goes on and on and is always growing. So English has a lot of cultur behind it. I guess some people see it as "uncultural" by their defenitions on the way it sounds. People say French is the language of love, but the French started off as barberians and were very violant group of people, their history is also trailed by blood as they have had more blood shead and act of violanc more so then almost any other country in history. Not to mention the country, France, is named after a French axe, a weapon they used in war.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Background to a culture is.. Language... it shows which race and nationality you are.. To me... certain language does sound rude.. but it depends on the user ^^ Like persay... german...it sounds rude maybe because of the grouchy sounds used to say something... french has the special sounds at the end of the words...

My language, Malay.. is a very... formal one and sound boring most of the time.. when it's used for learnings.. it goes way boring... I like English more since it sounds more fun.. and also.. learning English here was using a fun way to me..My teacher thought me well i guess ^^

Now im interested in Japanese language.. and also Latvian... I want to talk in Latvian so it'll be easy for me and my girl friend to interact sometimes.. i mean.. she might say something behind me or in front of me... and i wont understand sometimes.. sheesh

For japanese.. it would be because of Animes.. i want to be able to watch anime one day without even looking at the subtitles.. and also.. Hot japanese cute chick! jk.. I think Japanese has a nice and colourful culture ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think it depends on the age range your talking to

1-10 is usally not "Potty mouthed"

11-13 is usally when kids pick up words like Fu*k

14-20 is the main time people use curse words usally

20-30 is when cursing starts to stop because of kids etc.

31-48 theres usally no cursing cause of kids

49- the rest of life theres no cursing cause ur old and dont need words like that.

Thats just what i think

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

I think "Pretty" and "Ugly" languages are brought on by how they sound. French kind of just rolls of the toungue and it sounds pretty. Plus when you think of France you think of beautiful people and amazing cities. And when you think of Mexico you think maybe hot desert land. therefore, Franch = Good. Mexico = Bad.

(not that I have anything against mexicans. I know a lot of awsome mexican people... Just Saying...)

So, I think of it as more than just the words. It's the culture.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Vaine View Post
    Franch = Good. Mexico = Bad.
    Ok i think u mean French.
    Altho french might sound better than mexican i dont think french is pretty.When i think of france i think of slimey snail and frog legs.When i think of mexico i think of dry heat and bad water.+ French people have funnie mustaches.Barhandle PSHAW!!!!!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello my AO friends so long no see ^_^ anyways... about the topic. No language is 'uncultural'.
    People always criticize what they can't do or what they cannot understand. eveyr language is the way of communication among two or more people... if those two or more people can understand each other where is the 'non-cultural' in that language.
    As a foreigner I had to learn english so I can communicate with my fellow americans (and now with my bf lol) english and spanish are way different... however because they are different that does not mean that one is better than the other or that one is 'more accurate' than the other. It is about differences... not about language...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast