+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Uncultural language?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Uncultural language?

I think the "uncultural" thing comes about because when you think of English, you think of the nations where English is primarily used, and that tends to mean
    Britain and America, and people from more culture-rich heritages (esp Asians) tend to think of Britain and America as culture-less countries. If you asked me
    what British or American culture's like I probably wouldn't be able to say anything. I don't even know what their "traditional food" is. Not that that's really a
    bad thing. It's just something I think *could* be a reason for calling English "uncultural". It's a language with a lot of history, but people might not necessarily
    associate that with "culture" - especially since that tends to have an almost oriental connotation to it.
    Last edited by blue_rebel; Jul 01, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, i consider this uncultural language really hysterical even though there may have been some unkown inteference the government. I really do not want to simply have this government to banish away an original language even though mine was english, while on the other hand my mother is Spanish it is plain wrong to me about having to let go of ones cultural language.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Read some posts, time for me to just throw in a dime, see if that damn Great Fairy comes in and gives me my power boost and awesome sword swingy technique.

I don't think any language is really "uncultural". I mean, I'm just throwing this out there but most cultures tend to have their own language ya know. Japanese speak....japanese. Chinese speak Chinese. Those Brits speak English (Some even have the AMAZING accent that I OH SO love). Elves speak Elvish, Dwarfs speak dwarvish. Demons/Devils will speak abyssol. Drow and their Undercommon, along with that fancy Drow Hand Signs, Ewoks speak that...weird primative teddy bear speak, Hutts speak Huttese. You get the ideal. HEll, America has it's own culture. Sure it seems all mixed, but hey we can't forget about that Countryness or that "Ghetto Rapness". That could count!

Note: Each thing I listed have it's own sets of cultral morals, traditions, etc. OH MY!!!! NO WAI! Also I think German is called an "Ugly Language" due to them sounding angry like....majority of the time. I took German...when I spoke....I sounded SO angry lol.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jun 26, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3