+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Underage Drinking

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Underage Drinking

What do think about it?
    i ll just say this now, i think its wrong, but it is very tempting and very easy to get away with,(unless you do something retarded :try to drive), but i mean it sucks because it kills so many people.
    Mushroom Cloud Laying MotherFudger

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...Ezekiel 25:17

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Underage Drinking

i've avoided it with success so far, but you're right, it is very easy to get away with as long as you don't get too wild and crazy. I just wish they'd lower the age, I mean you can drink at 16 in most parts of Europe, its bullshit that we can't do the same here in the US. Lower the age, increase the penalty for drunk driving, everyone would be happy.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

>.> <.< I thinks its just fine that the drinking age limit is that high.... I mean most of the people who do drink while under the age limit are mostly the idiots or people who do it for other reasons... (peer p. etc.) but even so they most do really stupid thing while... or die ^^
    death and life are one and the same

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Never been tempted to, and its a very easy temptasion to avoid... I happen to be alergic to alcohal so that is a very good reason why I stear clear of it even though I am able to drink it legaly.
    As for those who do drink under age, usually do it because of, as said before, very stupid reasons that I still dont understand to this day.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Well actually in Denmark (part of Europe) the age has been raised from 16 to 18, but you can still buy it as a 16 year old your just not allowed to drink it @.@ but i think it's stupid that it's the same age as when you can start taking a drivers license..... But it's funny to watch drunk friends even if they're underaged

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

In Austria, it's actually pretty easy to get something to drink with 14-15, even the hard stuff. I was able to avoid that stuff luckily, I never was into drinking in that age. With 17 I'm allowed to drink beer and such but I do so rarely.
    However, under age drinking was (or is) still a big problem here, especially a certain kind of drinking which is called in german: Koma trinken. I think there's a similar term used in Great Britain. Must be something like binge drinking, yeah, I believe that's what it is called there.
    That's a term to describe excessive drinking of strong alcoholic drinks in very short time. In worst case you lapse into coma afterwards (alcoholic intoxication etc.). Young kids already died of this here if I remember correctly. So it certainly is one of the most stupid things you can do I'd say. To be honest, I think that problem is still taken too lightly. I saw lots of friends who drank excessively with 14 ... It definitely was no good for them. If they would have been stopped at that age, maybe some of them would finish school ... :P
    Especially dangerous are alcopops I think. Young kids love them, because they're so sweet. Most of them aren't even aware of the fact what kind of alcohol is in there, so they won't stop until it is too late ...
    Last edited by lapislazuli; Jan 28, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lapislazuli For This Useful Post:

Dasike (Jan 28, 2009)

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Re: Underage Drinking

My friends stopped talking to me because I did not want to drink >.>
    In my opinion it is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do. There are no good sides about drink all bad and really retarded. The world would be a far better place if every single bit of alcohol was destroyed.
    I agree as well with everything lapislazuli is saying and the term your looking for is ditch and/or binge drinking. Your right about young kids dying from it as well and the amount of rape that takes place here as well as stupid crimes and fights.
    ok I'm done ranting for now ><
    I got no idea what to say

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasike For This Useful Post:

lapislazuli (Jan 28, 2009)

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dasike View Post
    My friends stopped talking to me because I did not want to drink >.>
    In my opinion it is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do. There are no good sides about drink all bad and really retarded. The world would be a far better place if every single bit of alcohol was destroyed.
    I agree as well with everything lapislazuli is saying and the term your looking for is ditch and/or binge drinking. Your right about young kids dying from it as well and the amount of rape that takes place here as well as stupid crimes and fights.
    ok I'm done ranting for now ><
    Well, it was the right decision I guess. Furthermore, if they stopped talking with you just because you did not drink, I seriously would consider to stop calling them friends. (:
    Thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure about how it is called. We read an article about it in school, so everything is pretty vague.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast