+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Underage Drinking

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Underage Drinking

Drinking is kinda wrong in some cases!
    Were I live my family drinks a lot but i dont!
    Drinking is good age when your 21!!!
    Thank god its that high and it does cause lots of car recks and mostly death!!!
    So Dont drink.
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

@lapislazuli: You're right again about my "friends"
    I wouldn't know much about reading articles about the problem most of what I know is first hand. I've noticed that in the last 7 years since I started secondary school (High school) and finished, that underage drinking seems to get worse. My last year in school had 12-13 year olds coming into school still drunk or hungover >.> it's insane!
    I got no idea what to say

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

While I understand it's wrong, I know there's nothing we can do about it. People are going to get more and more creative in their quest for booze.

I find it funny how, here in the US, I can serve alcohol legally because I'm 18. Yet I'm not allowed to drink it due to the fact I still need to wait three years.

Luckily I hate the taste of the stuff, so it's a taste I won't be acquiring any time soon.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

ive been drinking since 13. why? 'cause i felt like it. like any other drugs it numbs you. do i recommend it? hell no. i was stupid to do it.
    anyway, it is actually very hard to get caught unless u get really drunk and crazy

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't like at all the obsession with the alcohol, it's causing a bad state-of-mind in people. I have friends and family (and yes, my wife) who love the alcohol. I will only touch it on special times, and drink only very little. If my children touches or even looks at any alcohols, they will get a huge punishment so that they will never want it again. After they get to a legal age, it's up to them to choose, but I hope they will be careful and remember my lessons.

I remember my father gave me arak ju to try (like a Korean wine, which is famous in Kaesong) when I was young, I liked the taste and drink too much, and was sick for some days. After this, I rarely drink the alcohol, only 1 or 2 glass, and only on weddings, new-year day, and Hangawi (traditional festival).

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dasike View Post
    My friends stopped talking to me because I did not want to drink >.>
    In my opinion it is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do. There are no good sides about drink all bad and really retarded. The world would be a far better place if every single bit of alcohol was destroyed.
    I agree as well with everything lapislazuli is saying and the term your looking for is ditch and/or binge drinking. Your right about young kids dying from it as well and the amount of rape that takes place here as well as stupid crimes and fights.
    ok I'm done ranting for now ><
    They're not really your friends if they won't talk to you over some alcohol. That's pretty stupid of them, if that's the case. In fact, not talkin' to someone due to a lack of bein' able to use peer pressure is one of the stupidest things you can do in my opinion.

Now, don't get me wrong. I wasn't a "golden child" or anything. I did my share of underage drinking, however, I never got caught; LOL. I'm not sayin' that kids currently should do it, it's pretty stupid of ya if you're under 21. Y'know, cuz there's that thing called... What was it again? Oh, yeah!! THE LAW.

Second, NOT ALL RAPE CASES ARE ALCOHOL RELATED! There is a such thing as a human being with no regard for human life/emotion and they're pretty hard to identify unless you've known the person a long time. Also... There IS a good side to drinking. You either drink like a fish--which would make you an alcoholic--or you drink responsibly. So you're either like my dad the fish, or you drink responsibly like me and about 80% of the other adults (Just guessing with percentages, it's late and I don't fee like lookin' for statistics).

Booze isn't the source of our problems in this country or any other for that matter. It's the irresponsible drinkers, the people with mental issues who persist on drinking, the bums who'd rather beg for change and buy a forty oz. than look for a job, it's people who KNOW they have abusive tendencies and instead of seeking help; they seek the bottle. THOSE are the reasons we have such sh*tty environments in certain metropolitan areas and they're the reasons you're thinkin' all alcohol should be destroyed.

If we went by your logic, we'd have a bunch of angry people wonderin' why all their favorite bars are closed because out of the TONS of decent people in the world, the small group of sickos and psychos are ruining it for everyone. When a cop accidently shoots someone with a stray bullet, all the other cops get to keep their guns. Hell, the cop who fired the shot keeps his gun! So why would you want a small amount of bad people--in comparison to the amount of good--to mess it up for the people who want nothing more to drink legally, responsibly, and recretionally?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

desxms (Jan 29, 2009), itachigirl (Jan 29, 2009), Scourge (Jan 29, 2009)

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Underage Drinking

@atomik_sprout: I said here as in Ireland. Don't assume I meant the whole world ok?
    Your right though about trying to ban it but it should be gone. (but thats just my opinion)
    The problem people don't see limits even during recretion. What is the limit of drink then? Should bars and pubs limit how much one person can have then?
    I got no idea what to say

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I mean, we saw what happens if we would totally forbid the alcohol, haven't we? Al Capone and illegal drinking to no end. The Eighteenth Amendment existed for only 13 years. Forbid it is no option anymore I guess, alcohol is too deeply rooted in our society. We'd just make ourselves criminal. (:
    I think bars and pubs should just be stricter to whom they're selling alcohol and get harder penalties if they sell alcohol to minors. Because if a 13 year old starts drinking excessively, chances are high that they end up like atomic_sprout illustrated it. So of course those kids should never do something like that but I'd rather accuse the bars for selling it to them. For they know how bad it is. Those young kids aged 12-13 don't even know what's good or bad for them anyway.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast