+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Underage Drinking

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Underage Drinking

I have classmates, like boys, who drinks beer or smokes. I really hate it. Sure, it isn't avoidable but... a lot of my teachers always tell us that this and that s bad. They're only like 16 and etc... The bad thing is that they're Christians and they do that. I just really hate underage drinking. It's so... stupid?

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

well i dont agree with this since parents dont send their kids to school to drink and smoke but this is me plus.....health wise and peer pressure wise. if your friends don't talk to you if you dont want to drink then they are not your friends at all . go look for another set of friends that will respect you for any decision you make.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Newbie Maku is off to a good start Maku's Avatar
    Thanks

It's easy to get away with underage drinking. -_- Well...so long as you don't go and do something relatively stupid. I think it sucks that the drinking age is 21 it'd be great if it was lowered to 18 however I can see the possible reasons as to why it's set for the age of 21.
    Because nothing can ever be PERFECT
    Something is always WRONG
    And sometimes...
    I cannot help but Smile...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think under age rinking is great because you can get some
    great blooper reels from know it all teens ^___^ for me i never
    touched the stuff it smells like horse piss and how that makes you
    want to drink it is beyond me , butg hey if it wasnt for stupid kids
    drinking i would have waisted my money on a good cam for great fotage lol
    black mail is indeed a great thing ^_^.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

well i dont think any one agrees with it. (exception for people doing it).
    but it still happens. i went to school with vodka in water bottles, and i never got caught.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dasike View Post
    @atomik_sprout: I said here as in Ireland. Don't assume I meant the whole world ok?
    Your right though about trying to ban it but it should be gone. (but thats just my opinion)
    The problem people don't see limits even during recretion. What is the limit of drink then? Should bars and pubs limit how much one person can have then?
    I don't know about in Ireland, but here in the US, a bartender will let you know REAL QUICK if he/she feels you've had too much to drink. Some will even go to the extent of callin' you a cab.

I never assumed you were talkin' about the whole world, however if it's bad in one place, it would be bad elsewhere. So, the location of the issue is pretty immaterial. Alcohol has been a part of human society since... Well since before any of us here were born, and befor our parents and their parents, etc. If you're drinking responsibly, you'll know your limit and you'll know how much is too much. There's no point in saying drinking is bad when it's the irresponsible ones who are the ones doin' the bad stuff associated with drinking.

Alcohol isn't bad, stupid and irresponsible people are bad.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember back in the days when parents were allowed to beat you up in the most gruesome ways possible if you were caught doing something stupid and magically you wouldn't do it again? That could be a short-term solution ^^

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I don't know about in Ireland, but here in the US, a bartender will let you know REAL QUICK if he/she feels you've had too much to drink. Some will even go to the extent of callin' you a cab.

I never assumed you were talkin' about the whole world, however if it's bad in one place, it would be bad elsewhere. So, the location of the issue is pretty immaterial. Alcohol has been a part of human society since... Well since before any of us here were born, and befor our parents and their parents, etc. If you're drinking responsibly, you'll know your limit and you'll know how much is too much. There's no point in saying drinking is bad when it's the irresponsible ones who are the ones doin' the bad stuff associated with drinking.

Alcohol isn't bad, stupid and irresponsible people are bad.
    First of all, what you say is right. However I can't completely agree with the last sentence of yours. Alcohol itself isn't bad, but it misleads us and induces us to drink. So it misleads us in a bad way. Of course drinking a bit is okay, and there have been studies wich prove that drinking a bit red wine helps to improve your health but it is very easy to drink too much. Not only extremely irresponsible and stupid people drink too much. My mother also drinks, she's no alcoholic, but to relax she drinks a bit every day. She is a teacher and she doesn't drink that much ... Still, it IS too much to drink and I'm sure it is not improving her health by any means.
    So in a way alcohol is bad, because it makes us to do things which we shouldn't.
    If I take that statement as it is, weapons aren't bad either. Still, not everyone is allowed to have weapons easily (at least not in Europe) for you might do things with it which you'll regret later on ... or not. I believe it's the same with alcohol. And it is good that way, because I wouldn't want a society where everyone is allowed to posses a gun.
    Alcohol (and guns for that matter) itself is not bad, but some of us make it bad.

Bartenders in Austria are different, though I know it strongly depends in which bar you're going. But it is not rare that you see young kids throwing up outside the bars because they drank too much. Frankly, the bartender couldn't care less.

@ketaro: Well, I'm not sure if this will work ... They'll just get depressed and start drinking even more.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast