+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Uniting the world..

Newbie Collared is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Uniting the world..

Well, if one person had to rule the entire world, most places would be shit out of luck. The Prime Minister can't go through and look at all the needs of every country if another one is largely unstable.

Lets make up a place. Okay, AO Isle. SO AO Isle is living in poverty. It's very small but it has a severe poverty and crime issue. Now lets make up a place called Anti-AO and this is a much much lager place. They're not against AO Isle, it's just a name. The Prime Minister would be paying attention to the greater countries needs first which is why each country would need their own government. It would cause a lot of places to crash and give in, and give the possibility of rebellion.

Keep in mind I'm 14 and I just had a poptart and I'm in a little blankie at my computer.

[Yey for stupidity!]
    You can have the best forum ever.
    But when the mods lock because they have nothing better to do
    You're not going to have a good forum at all.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I unite Europe every day!!!!! (In a computer game called "Knights of Honour", a very cool game) And from there I've learned that it would be really hard to control the world all by yourself, no matter how far you see and how nice you are to your citizens- it's hard to make them all feel happy, but it's possible...

Firstly a problem would be religion- there are many differet religions and some just don't aprove other- it could be a problem... a great problem- unitiing all under one religion is simply impossible and there will always be someone disaproving other religions...

Secondly- ruling over all these lands all by yourself is just impossible- even in a game (where you can easily overlook all your lands) it's really, really hard... and dealing the lands between barons and ministers and what else not won't work becuase they'll all try to grab some more power in their hands (it's almost as if it would be in human nature)

Thirdly- no one will really want to give up their freedom like that- nations that have fought for their freedom for ages would not give it all away just because of an idea like that (I'm Latvian, I know)- you'd have to fight them and this idea is not enough for another war.

Ofcourse it's a wonderful idea and if it could work out it would be oh so wonderful... but it's just slightly impossible in this big world we're living in... many people have tried it and no one has suceeded- why should it change now?

Psh, Europe?! Try uniting and keeping the peace in China!! ... I play the Romance series, darn Huns appear out of nowhere... And the Xiangs suck! Suns all the way!! WHOO!!! Sun Quan will rock yo~~ ... *ahem*

Anywho...
    Religion? Psh, we face that day to day in some countries... though it's troubled in America, it's usually buffered. ...let's take Philippines, Catholics to the North, Muslims to the South. Yet you don't see wars going at it everyday.... well, when it comes to religion at least.

_________

As for your second point, that's true.. buuuut... That's why you give each province a commendable leader that MUST report and answer to you! You may have meetings and discussions of the sort, but only one of you is the true leader and makes ALL the decisions FINAL!
    ...but of course, you run the high risk of betrayal and of course them seceding from your united nations.

But then again, if you DID have trustworty leaders answsering to you, you could solve most problems as it would be easier to transfer food and supplies from a wealthy and abundant province, to a less fortunate country, if under one rule. No more politics inbetween for this choice.
    _________

Freedom? Freedom can easily be pleased if you allow them to continue their rituals, and it could also be fed with wealth and abundance. But it can be torn from poverty and droughts.
    ...now what isn't easy to please, is the idea of having PEACE with other neighboring countries that have fought against you for decades upon decades... another problem people would have is who the leader is!
    Depending on their culture, a certain race could be considered sinful, a certain gender could be considered blasphemy, and one with a certain or no religion can be darn right outrageous!

Freedom is the last thing to worry about if compared to peace and leaders.
    _________

As for me, I'm half and half... I understand that current reasons of being seperate does allow several childish leaders to rise to and abuse power. And several problems occur that could actually be helped, but is left ignored.
    ...and I hate countries who try to rub themselves into other people's faces and say they're the best when they really haven't done much for the world. =_= ... Is anyone thinking I may be talking about America? Yeah right! America is just a little kid jumping up and down between two adults and yelling so that they'd hear him/her, then hitting them to make them listen until he/she gets what he/she wants! ...the fact is, America maybe annoying, but they're certainly entertaining... juvenile of the world, and no one can deny that they don't know him/her.

Anywho...
    But I do like the world as it is... conflicts and etc may arise, but there's a certain beauty of all these countries being ruled by certain leaders. Culture can take place without someone telling them they're wrong. ...sure war sucks, but that's our countries' way of solving things when politics have obviously gone wrong. (Or for some countries' sakes: When they didn't feel like doing politics)
    Love this world. Probably gonna' burn up in flames, but hey, if that's what we choose to do, well, that's what we choose to do.

- -
    But I'm not for 1 leader-1 world-thing... :/ Afterall: What if we get a bad leader?
    End of story right there, the world would once again seperate and it's not too far to think a war's comin' soon.

It doesn't matter if our first one rocks, the problem is, we're gonna' separate if a single weak leader is put into place at ANY TIME.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

i think; let me reprase that; i know i will never see world peace in my life time. there probably will never be world peace; giving every country one prime minister wont change anything.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well i donno he or she would need to know all the lag or have a translater ( a trusted one at that) and like people might rebal cos he/she isnt from there contire ??....

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be a bad idea, good in theory but bad in practice, I mean think about it. It's hard enough to keep the pres or pope alive think about how hard it would be to keep that person alive. Also if they were killed then who would take over? And how would you come up with that list? I think it would create more problems than it would be worth. That's just my thought tho....

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think it would be possible becuz the world is too big for a person to lead. He would become corrupted and even more horrible things would happen...

and if they decided to divide the power would be stupid, becuz then they would pick the same rulers they have now to represent their country! it would be how it is now! the economy wouldn't stabalize, the poor countries would still be poor (a big city still has ghettos, and so would a world government have ghetto countries)... there wouldn't be much wars, but massive amounts of civil unrest... and now EVERYONES involved cuz they're all under one flag...

the world is too big and different and beautiful to be ruled by one flag...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i don't think it would be possible becuz the world is too big for a person to lead. He would become corrupted and even more horrible things would happen...

and if they decided to divide the power would be stupid, becuz then they would pick the same rulers they have now to represent their country! it would be how it is now! the economy wouldn't stabalize, the poor countries would still be poor (a big city still has ghettos, and so would a world government have ghetto countries)... there wouldn't be much wars, but massive amounts of civil unrest... and now EVERYONES involved cuz they're all under one flag...

the world is too big and different and beautiful to be ruled by one flag...
    >_O AHEM?!!

Excuse me... but have you seen the world as it is now?
    Think America, think China, think of any place that's large enough to hold several cultural entities all in different areas...
    All of them have their own leaders, correct?

So if all of them had their own leaders yet there's only one true leader, then wouldn't that mean they all answer to one man?
    Even if they don't do so willingly, even if they don't fulfill their duties completely, they'd still be under one rule, correct?

So I know you're saying they'd still be the same leaders and all... but that's exactly the point! Now all we do, is just put one man/woman above all the rest!
    One who has the final word in all things, and if they so much as refuse, they're going up against the entire world! Not a smart thing to do...

-_O Corrupt? No, most people who enter into power are corrupt in the first place... if by chance they TURNED corrupt, then obviously they have a fictional sense of what's going on. Only selfish people would be corrupted by such actions, in truth, a NORMAL person would be scared sh*tless if they knew their position!
    Imagine being one man/woman, sitting in your desk in a conference that have literally thousands of world leaders all paying attention to your word! All that you say, goes! All that you do, must be done! .... O_O
    I can see where you might believe corruption of the soul taking place, but that's the last thing to worry about... the first thing is: How are we going to get the RIGHT person in the first place?!

... >_> I don't know about voting... voting would be... unsound at that size of a level.

I know it wouldn't work as great as it sounds, but it'll make things EASIER! Even if it doesn't make it smoother, the fact is, the possibilities are there!
    If one leader were to unite the entire world, then the whole world will be under one man/woman's watch! Instead of being spread out to any commander, royalty, or pig that can afford it.

But... for a person to take up such a task...

You wouldn't need to just know about every govermental fact about what you rule... you wouldn't need to just know the history and culture of one land... you wouldn't just need to know the geography of a large continent...

You'd need to know the entire WORLD!!! O____O

... Sorry hun, no way you're winning against me.

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

wow... that would be bad

i just get a bad feeling about that one

countries hardly get along as it is and if they were all put together

we'd have total anarchy

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast