+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urban Legends

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Urban Legends

Any urban legends that you're aware of which AREN'T real, or infact ARE real?

Any you've heard of and seen for yourself and still aren't sure of what's reality or imagination??

Post your thoughts here!

One of the urban legends that I'm aware of that IS NOT real is the munchkin hanging himself in The Wizard of Oz. It is in fact a bird stretching his wings, because he feels threatened as the actors pass him. Look it up if you want. I still honestly cannot believe people swear it's an actor hanging himself. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE BIRD STRETCH OUT ITS WINGS ! link

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Urban Legends

Hmmm....well there is that scene in "3 men and a baby"

apparently there is a ghost of a young boy is in the curtains in one of the scenes.

but one that i know to be true isn't really that much of an urban legend. in Ace Venture: When Nature Calls right when he says "the day of redemption is at hand" we notice all of the chess pieces are missing from the board.
    Why hello there!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

but one that i know to be true isn't really that much of an urban legend. in Ace Venture: When Nature Calls right when he says "the day of redemption is at hand" we notice all of the chess pieces are missing from the board.
    You're right, it isn't an urban legend at all. It's just continuity that wasn't payed any mind to when filming.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

theres a guy that pulls his penis out in teen wolf at the end...
    An it was TRUE!!! O_O, seen it, horrible, an i use to like that movie *smacks face*
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Hmmm....well there is that scene in "3 men and a baby"

apparently there is a ghost of a young boy is in the curtains in one of the scenes.
    The house was just a set, and the shadow you see in the window was a cardboard cut out. Wikipedia is your friend.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

oh yeah i was always wondering about that scene in the movie, that totally freaked me out, why did they put the cut out there anyways? i mean was it for publicity stunt?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit View Post
    oh yeah i was always wondering about that scene in the movie, that totally freaked me out, why did they put the cut out there anyways? i mean was it for publicity stunt?
    Nah man it just happens to be there. And that penis one you talked about, I heard about that too. They did a show on all the movies where extras did something crazy. That was the one in the courtroom right?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets get back on subject guys.

The White Wolf and NeoDeath90 those arent urban legends.

An urban legend is a form of modern folklore consisting of stories thought to be factual by those circulating them. The term is often used to mean something akin to an "apocryphal story." Like all folklore, urban legends are not necessarily false, but they are often distorted, exaggerated, or sensationalized over time.

Despite its name, a typical urban legend does not necessarily originate in an urban setting. The term is simply used to differentiate modern legend from traditional folklore in preindustrial times. For this reason, sociologists and folklorists prefer the term "contemporary legend."

Urban legends are sometimes repeated in news stories and, in recent years, distributed by e-mail. People frequently allege that such tales happened to a "friend of a friend"—so often, in fact, that "friend of a friend," ("FOAF") has become a commonly used term when recounting this type of story.

Some urban legends have passed through the years with only minor changes to suit regional variations. One example is the story of a woman killed by spiders nesting in her elaborate hairdo. More recent legends tend to reflect modern circumstances, like the story of people ambushed, anesthetized, and waking up minus one kidney, which was surgically removed for transplantation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast