+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day... Like it or not?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Valentines Day... Like it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dustin scott View Post

not only am i in the middle of afghanistan with 120 other men and no women around (not even friends i got deployed with)
    OOOHHH!!! That's gotta suck!! Total sausage fest, LOL. I feel for ya man, and I wish you the best of luck out there. I'm prior military myself, so I know what it's like to be away from your loved ones. I've never been away from the country unless it was for field excersises, so what you're doin' demands respect. Good luck and come back to the US safe, so your girl won't have to have a nervous breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    Back when I was a kid I loved giving out cards and candy and getting candy and all that other stuff, now you gotta buy things, which I like and hate at the same time, why? because I hardly have any money LOL. so pretty much I have to say is I love VD and hate at the same time.
    Man, I miss those days!! I used to love gettin' free candies and cards and just pretty much havin' a free day in school to chat and pass out goodies!! Aaahh, to be a kid again. I don't mind the buying of V-Day stuff, in fact I love it when I've got someone to buy stuff for on holidays. Shopping is a hobby for me, LOL.

I CAN honestly say that Valentines Day should be like it was in elementary school. People should just go out and by a giant bag of V-Day swag and just pass it out to random people on the streets. Spread the love people!

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, I despise it! Why??? Because one, it's too happy. People always smile bleh...two, it's because everyone is whearing PINK! I hate the color pink it's just too preppy meh...and finally, I have had horrible valentines days in the past...and today wasn't any better...and before you say something about it, even when I had a bf, it wasn't any better...so either way, I hate valentines day!!!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie Angel Bre is off to a good start Angel Bre's Avatar
    Thanks

My cousin has a Bf and she got a teddy bear from him. I got presents too. But my cousin nina says it mainly about love!!!!!

So yeah i like it Go VDAY!!!!!!!!!!!^-^
    VISIT ANIME LOVE the greatest site on earth! [URL="http://animelove.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx"]*NEW COOL PEOPLE,COOL FEATURES JOIN NOW^^
    Queen Bre & Nina. HAS ARRIVED PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN & BOW TO US!~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Bre For This Useful Post:

solking (Feb 14, 2008)

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

awww.... i'm curious to know about that bad experience and why it was so bad that you now hate v-day. in all honesty it's just another day in the year. people just seem to come together more on this day than most in the year. pm and add me and perhaps we can chit chat a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Ah, I despise it! Why??? Because one, it's too happy. People always smile bleh...two, it's because everyone is whearing PINK! I hate the color pink it's just too preppy meh...and finally, I have had horrible valentines days in the past...and today wasn't any better...and before you say something about it, even when I had a bf, it wasn't any better...so either way, I hate valentines day!!!
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont hate the VD i just hate some stuff when its VD example:

1- i work in a store so i must to stand the love and romantic songs althought i wanna kill everyone when i listen "my heart will go on" by celine dyon. GEEZ its annoyng

2- there are girls who give me some candies exactly that day. i think... Why they dont choose another day to do that? Oh but the next day they behave like if im an unknown

3- the fact of give presents. i like it but i always end withoua a cent in the wallet

but... as i said i dont hate VD but sometimes...
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

What I don't understand..is that if you love your gf/bf so much, why do they wait until Valentines day to let them know? Why can't you make the significant other feel special any other day of the year? Not to say that I despise of the day or hate it, it's just another normal day and if people want to express their love on that day, then go ahead. It's kinda sweet and cute. So I guess I like it but only like any other day of the year. Plus it seems to have become too commercial for my likings (much like easter, christmas, fathers day, mothers day)

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

Valentine’s Day is more for romance and an expression of love while Sweetest Day is celebrated on the third Saturday in October and is suppose to be a day to make someone happy. To me, it is pushed as Valentine’s Day II (Sweetest Day is celebrated in this area). Certain places I have gone to do not celebrate it. I do not know if it is the marketer’s way to push culture towards the number of different days South Korea celebrates it . To my understanding they also celebrate a romance day called Pepero Day (Nov. 11) and Black Day (April 14)
    We here do not have a White Day celebration. Has anyone celebrated it? I have heard it in anime and manga.

Personally, I believe that Valentine’s Day is a set up for singles who may want to get together. [Like, here is the ball, you choose to run with it or not] For couples that have been together longer, there should be one special day for a couple to spend time together as a couple. It does not necessarily have to fall on Valentine’s Day.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Newbie sol45 is off to a good start sol45's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really care for it eather mean its nice and all butt not that great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast