+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day... Like it or not?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Valentines Day... Like it or not?

NO!!
    i dont like it. i mean its all nice to have a special day to celebrate being with someone but what makes one day more special than the other. (not including anniversaries because they are very special) but like you should show how much you love your significant other everyday not just one day out of a year (unless anniversary)

so i dont really like vday. plus its a corporate holiday. and its only to make money.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's nice, as long as I try not to think of it hearts everywhere and red and pink. I try to think about it as a snowy day with people you care about. So, yeah, I like it. I just wish that it wasn't commercialized so much to where every time you say V-day, people think <3's and chocolate and love.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

I suppose it depends, I use it as an excuse to buy my friends stuff! I like it though! but i dont go all out and festive!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

My boyfriend and I don't really care much for Valentine's Day either. As we put it, it's "just Valentine's Day". He was busy yesterday and so was I, so we just went out for lunch and that was it. And he got me daisies because I don't like roses (which resulted in a pretty funny situation at his place where his mom saw the daisies and called him a "cheapskate" ^^;; I don't want him to waste lots of $$$ on me, and he doesn't want me to get him stuff either. So we're kind of like, "Ergh, screw Valentine's Day, let's just go out for lunch. I'll pay for you, you can pay for me, and that way we'll both be getting each other something."

Newbie SlrMnLvr89 is off to a good start
    Thanks

aswdawiudahiudaihiuahidaidashidahiuhuidihaiuhasiuf hfhwiurwiurh9q8q09q03poq2eopqadijiudiyf98yr56j3hbh afkjnlkdoidjg09dugeg
    Last edited by SlrMnLvr89; Mar 24, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Personally, it's an okay holiday for me.
    It's not anything special.
    I always hated it when I was in grade school though, because when our class would have a Valentine's Day party, the teachers would make everyone bring valentines to school and you would have to give everyone in your class one, not just your friends. I would get valentines from people I knew hated me and didn't really want to give me a valentine, it always bugged me for some reason when I was little. I don't have to worry about that now though, I am in highschool now and we don't do parties lol.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always enjoyed Valentines no matter if I had a special someone or not..
    It has always been one of my favorite holidays...something the mood and the atmosphere just brightens my day and makes me smile....
    This day shows that there is love out there and it is real....and it brings me hope that maybe some day.........that could be me out there.....feeling and being loved........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it's a fine day for people that really need that time of the year to show the one they're with that they love 'em. But that is more for the kind of couples that don't really show it throughout the whole year I guess. The ones that are never spontaneously surprised or surprise their special someone.

Also, let's not forget it's a day for people that are in love (maybe secretly) to start showing that you love them. Or maybe a reason for the anonymous lovers to send a card without the sender show (maybe because you're not ready yet to tell it to that person).

So the day is fine, I just don't need it with my love, we did go out to dinner though. But then again we do that quite often ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast