+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism.

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Vegetarianism.

I've heard alot of different things about vegetarians... and some of them have been quite interesting. I myself am disgusted by the taste of meat and I eat it only on the rare occasion and when I do, it's real meat and not hyped with hormones... I don't know about any of these myths about vegetarians being true but I wanna know if you've heard any of these same myths and what you guys think about the whole thing, mind you, I don't intend for this to be a debate so keep it light and no attacking each other on points... acceptance has always been the worlds only vaccine in my books.

... and join my rebellion against time.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Vegetarianism.

It would help if you gave some details about the 'myths' in question...

I can't think of the last time someone told me that vegetarians have regenerative powers, are immune to bloodborne diseases, or are secretly all tied to the New World Order ~_~;

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Many people think that when a person is a vegetarian that they only eat vegetables. That isn't always true. The only meat that I eat is fish, and the only reason I eat it is for nutrients and things of that sort. If I am not mistaken people who only eat fish and no other meats are called Pesco Vegetarians. I could have that wrong so don't hold me to it lol.

People also think that if a person is a vegetarian that they support PETA. I do not support PETA. I personally think they are hypocrits, liars, and just a tad bit crazy. I love animals but that doesn't mean I have to support PETA, there are other organizations out there with BETTER ways of helping animals out and more healthy and compromising ways.

So those are two myths that I have always heard about veggie people, and those are my opinions and beliefs on them, hope it helped ^-^
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

both of you, between the two of you, have nailed what it is that i wish to gater input on. I'm not exactly sure what all of the myths are but I've even heard some regarding guys being more fertile and "enjoyable" for women if they were vegetarian. I guess you could technically classify me as vagitarian although I'm a far cry from vegan...

More specific on the myths. I prefer the crazy off the wall zany things that you might have heard and what you think about it. At the same time I like the everyday almost cliche statements about vegetarians that are not really settled.

If you're young look away!!!!!
    NOW!!!

Ok so to tell you of one of the crazy zany myths... A girl I knew once told me that a guy who was a vegetarian tasted better. (If you don't get this good for you, you still have a virgin mind. If you do, then I'm sorry that you've been corrupted like the rest of the world) I personally don't really care if this is true or not because it's not even off the wall it's gone throught thte wall and hasn't found anything to bounce off of yet.

As for a misconception, peope think that vegetarianism is healthy just because they're not eating meat... this is not true... it's more important that a vegetarian plan their meals to make up for the lack of protien and many nutrients in their diets then it is for them to merely quit eating meat.

... and join my rebellion against time.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Ok so to tell you of one of the crazy zany myths... A girl I knew once told me that a guy who was a vegetarian tasted better. (If you don't get this good for you, you still have a virgin mind. If you do, then I'm sorry that you've been corrupted like the rest of the world) I personally don't really care if this is true or not because it's not even off the wall it's gone throught thte wall and hasn't found anything to bounce off of yet.
    That's not entirely a myth. The taste is affected directly by your diet at the time the err... stuff is being produced.

Certain foods can affect the taste for the worse (meats, dairy, asparagus, onions, caffeine etc) while others (fruits, fresh vegetables) can improve the taste.

The "myth" part comes in when you limit it to vegetarians: it's not.

Eating a carton of strawberries and some granola for breakfast will make the evening's entertainment a bit easier on your companion -- reguardless of your usual diet.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The myth I love is that if your a Vegetarian you live longer. Total crap(Just ask Linda McCartney). Chemicals in what Vegetarians eat is just as bad as our meat and other stuff. Vegetarians aren't immune form diseases. Now maybe if you only eat organic foods you might live longer?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Ok so to tell you of one of the crazy zany myths... A girl I knew once told me that a guy who was a vegetarian tasted better. (If you don't get this good for you, you still have a virgin mind.
    I don't know if that's true or not, but I know pineapple juice will get the trick done for anyone who wants to know the secret (thanks Men's Health magazine!)

Anyways, I have no issues with vegetarians because most of them have legit reasons for not eating meat. It ranges from all the funky engineering the animals go through to cows getting sledgehammered in the head. As for the fish eating thing, I think if you eat fish you shouldn't be considered as a vegetarian. It just makes no sense that you discriminate it several species but not all living ones. Vegans on the other hand, I was told that they resist anything that was made from animals. Now that is someone that I wouldn't like regardless.

I think when I get older and my organs are no longer as good, I'll slowly phase myself away from meat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables. But for now meat will do it for me.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I've have always heard that vegetarians have a lower immune system because if the lack of meat. But I wouldn't know that for certain. I have no problem with people who don't wish to eat meat, as long as they don't lecture me about what I eat I will respect them and try to accommodate them if they are with me. As for the other little helpful hints on certain things, that is some great info to know. Thanks for sharing and I'll deffinantly keep those tips in mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast