+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Vegetarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    [B][U]
    To gwenbie:
    I'm not saying that it's impossible for a vegetarian to be more economically friendly, merely stating that a person isn't nicer to the environment strictly because they are vegetarian. (I probably should have cleared that up sooner... sorry about that) and just for the record there are different classifications of vegetarian, those which include poultry and fish in their diet.
    lol I wasn't disagreeing with you there ^^ if anything agreeing and adding more to the conversation (sorry if my post seemed to have implied that ^^; ) I mean a vegetarian could very well eat a healthy meal then go drive in their cars XD so much for helping the environment

And yeah, I was trying to remember if there were names for those who only eat fish or poultry ^^;

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ahaha this is pretty accurate. as far as styles of vegetarianism go. nothing here is a set rule they're more like guidelines... well that's my piece for any questions that anyone might have regarding the styles and what different styles eat.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

To Legend: OK I wasn't sure what you were trying to get at with that so I decided to test the waters before I tried to walk on them so to speak. Vegan means srrictly no animal produced products (this you already knew) the reasons why differ though. some vegans are boy cotting meats and animal products because they are convinced that harvesting animals as a primary food source (euphemism) is inhumane and unnaturally cruel to animals. Others believe that animals are not healthy and it's unnatural for people to rely on milk after infancy and the same goes for eggs and meat. I'm not really sure because there isn't a set rhyme or reason behind motives for a group because everyone is an individual and each has his/her own variation of thought. (and I wish that racism were the same as my described vendetta actually I wish all vendettas were on grounds of avoidance opposed to violence.)
    The same as Gwenibe. I thought we were just trying to bounce things off of you to confirm or deny what we know of vegetarianism.

I don't know, vegetarianism is fine to me (like I've mentioned before I understand the reasons), but vegans boycotting anything animal relate seems a bit extreme to me. And like I said if certain vegans' reason is to preserve life, then I feel maybe they shouldn't even eat vegetables and fruits.

In a way, we are just following the natural food chain with the exception that most humans are omnivores. When we die we decompose or maggots have their way with us. Perhaps there will be less vegetarians if there's a farm that only produce animals that die from old age?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

ahaha you're really sticking to what I said there... It wasn't at all accurate... I'm not even sure what the vegan's operandum is... I just know that for some reason they avoid meat.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ahaha this is pretty accurate. as far as styles of vegetarianism go. nothing here is a set rule they're more like guidelines... well that's my piece for any questions that anyone might have regarding the styles and what different styles eat.
    lol I most defiantly wouldn't suit any of them that's for sure. While I have cut back on the read meat, it would be no where near as much to claim that I'm either of those XD thanks for the link though!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I don't know, vegetarianism is fine to me (like I've mentioned before I understand the reasons), but vegans boycotting anything animal relate seems a bit extreme to me. And like I said if certain vegans' reason is to preserve life, then I feel maybe they shouldn't even eat vegetables and fruits.

In a way, we are just following the natural food chain with the exception that most humans are omnivores. When we die we decompose or maggots have their way with us. Perhaps there will be less vegetarians if there's a farm that only produce animals that die from old age?
    I heard some vegans only take fruit that has already fallen of a tree, which made me wonder that they must starve waiting for that fruit to drop XD. And I wonder how much variety in a diet they would getting considering they will only eat fruit or veggies that 'drop' from plants/trees?

Also heard that some 'vegans' aren't 'vegans' by choice, but have some sort of reaction to animal fat - well I remember a girl in my senior years at high school was like that - whether it's true or not I don't know

Thanks

yeah, I was going to include that in my earlier discussion that some people are allergic to animal fats. but then I thought that you would discredit it as my myth for the day. I have a friend who has violent reactions to animal fats. Her body isn't capable of breaking them down so she has a strict diet of fruits nuts and different sorts of things. She also has to go to the IWK (a specialized hospital in my area that usually treats children and cancer patients) because it's the only place with advanced enough equipment and staff to accurately monitor how well she's doing. In her case it's pretty serious. But most of the time it's a similar reaction that a person who's lactose intolerant would have from drinking a glass of milk. Gas, some cramping and alot of things that just aren't comfortable as a result these people tend to avaoid the meat because of the discomfort associated with it.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, I was going to include that in my earlier discussion that some people are allergic to animal fats. but then I thought that you would discredit it as my myth for the day. I have a friend who has violent reactions to animal fats. Her body isn't capable of breaking them down so she has a strict diet of fruits nuts and different sorts of things. She also has to go to the IWK (a specialized hospital in my area that usually treats children and cancer patients) because it's the only place with advanced enough equipment and staff to accurately monitor how well she's doing. In her case it's pretty serious. But most of the time it's a similar reaction that a person who's lactose intolerant would have from drinking a glass of milk. Gas, some cramping and alot of things that just aren't comfortable as a result these people tend to avaoid the meat because of the discomfort associated with it.
    The thing is most of the People who are Vegens don't have this condition, they're just a little nutty. I mean in todays world to worry about every little thing their harming when they eat meat is nuts.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes I eat salad with ham in it, tastes good actually but its school food. I think vegetarians are kind way over their heads about our food sources, half of the other countries need this food than we do. Its a battle between meat eaters and plant eaters. we're still in the jurassic park period lol, but seriously, we need meat to keep our protein and anything else we need, and we need some meat in our bones lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast