+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 41

Thread: Vegetarianism.

  1. #25
    Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fogcity
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    ok well I'm not trying to be a total ass here... but, hellknight you do realize that your body makes the meat on your bones and it's not directly tranferred from eating meat. I mean to assume that just because you eat beef means you'll beef up is kinda rediculous. I personally stand at the cross roads of both realms of thought. I think that people shouldn't exude meat from their diets but at the same time I believe that we should have more balance in our diets.

    To abby:
    just when you thought I'd forgotten about you.
    You raise a very interesting point (especially comming from you) to judge a persons actions exclusively is not entirely just. For example to say that vegans are nutty for not eating meat and that their reasoning is nutty too is slightly out of your character. Vegans are neither right nor wrong, nutty or sane. They merely have a different way of doing things that works for them. Also please don't take my opinion on their reasoning as their voice because I don't know too much about why vegans chose to be vegan, it's different for every person.

    ... and join my rebellion against time.

  2. #26
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    To abby:
    just when you thought I'd forgotten about you.
    You raise a very interesting point (especially comming from you) to judge a persons actions exclusively is not entirely just. For example to say that vegans are nutty for not eating meat and that their reasoning is nutty too is slightly out of your character. Vegans are neither right nor wrong, nutty or sane. They merely have a different way of doing things that works for them. Also please don't take my opinion on their reasoning as their voice because I don't know too much about why vegans chose to be vegan, it's different for every person.
    lol, dude, abby was not the one who said that.

    While meat is not the main source to building muscle or flesh, am I wrong that protein is what is needed??

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  3. #27
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    I'm pretty sure you can get protein from other sources other than meat. Actually I think a lot of fruit and vegies have the protein as well - the key is variety in what fruit and vegetables you eat. Is that right?

    Found this link: Sources of Vegetarian Protein and Guide

  4. #28
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can get protein from other sources other than meat. Actually I think a lot of fruit and vegies have the protein as well - the key is variety in what fruit and vegetables you eat. Is that right?

    Found this link: Sources of Vegetarian Protein and Guide
    I don't doubt that at all. I mean, we can probably get all our vitamins from taking a Centrum pill everyday right?? But why do that?? We as humans have the luxury of preparing food to make it taste good, and not having to run down our meal every night and eat them raw like animals. That's one of the few beauties of being human.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  5. #29
    Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fogcity
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    ahaha wow... umm sorry miroku
    I'd change it but it's too late...
    To Legend:
    Ok noted I will not make that mistake again... I'd try and make an excuse for it, but I don't know how I pulled that one off. That's pretty disgusting.

    To both legend and gwenbie
    protiens are made up of things called aminoacids (the lego of protiens) the trick here is that there are things that you can eat that are rich in these aminoacids (meat has quite a few) some foods are more rich in certain acids then others. (this is also why a strictly meat diet would be ineffective.) It doesn't really matter how a person goes about obtaining these a.a's their body will synthesize protiens. To answer your question: no, meat is not necessary for protien. (Sorry about the biology lesson I didn't mean for it to be like me preaching/ teaching.) A centrum pill wouldn't work outside of theory because your bodies would get lazy and then stop producing certain enzymes that are important to regulating more then protien structuring but your body wouldn't make as many of them because they wouldn't be in high enough need.

    ... and join my rebellion against time.

  6. #30
    NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    mm well my grandpa he always says that if your a vegitarian then your skinny but there are alot that only eat like carbs and are fat.

    so like yea. not all are skinny

    ~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

  7. #31
    Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fogcity
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    To P.R.
    ahahah skinny is determined by how much you eat vs how much you do with your metabolism being the scale of which needs more. That's a funny one that I've never come across before. But stereotypically isn't that kinda what everyone expects? Everytime we see a fat person on t.v. they have beer meat or fast food. If it's a skinny/ fit person they're eating vegetables and fruit. There's a little truth in this because fruits and vegetables usually have dietary fiber in them and help tings run smoother which can cause a positive effect on your metabolism but it's overexaggerated in some cases (like this myth) so that it's the only thing required, when exercise and a careful diet are both required.

    ... and join my rebellion against time.

  8. #32
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Vegetarianism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

    To both legend and gwenbie
    protiens are made up of things called aminoacids (the lego of protiens) the trick here is that there are things that you can eat that are rich in these aminoacids (meat has quite a few) some foods are more rich in certain acids then others. (this is also why a strictly meat diet would be ineffective.) It doesn't really matter how a person goes about obtaining these a.a's their body will synthesize protiens. To answer your question: no, meat is not necessary for protien. (Sorry about the biology lesson I didn't mean for it to be like me preaching/ teaching.) A centrum pill wouldn't work outside of theory because your bodies would get lazy and then stop producing certain enzymes that are important to regulating more then protien structuring but your body wouldn't make as many of them because they wouldn't be in high enough need.
    and to add further to the biology lesson - isn't it harder for us to gain proteins from another animal - because it's a 'cows' amino acid. Our bodies have to break down the protein of the 'cow' and turn it into a 'humans' protein which takes more energy? Hence it's easier to get amino acids from fruit and vegs? I did an Cell Biology class first year at uni and I remember hearing something similar to that then again it wasn't my most favoured class ^^;


    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I don't doubt that at all. I mean, we can probably get all our vitamins from taking a Centrum pill everyday right?? But why do that?? We as humans have the luxury of preparing food to make it taste good, and not having to run down our meal every night and eat them raw like animals. That's one of the few beauties of being human.
    Because humans have become lazy I do question why people take supplement pills at all when all one has to do is eat more fruit and vegs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vegetarianism
    By kedar in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2006, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts