+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: Walmart

Well Walmart is kinda my second home. lol

It's the one place I end up doing most of my day to day shopping.

However, there are far too many of them, and they keep getting bigger. Here there is constantly something on the news about one group or another wanting to keep a new Walmart from being built.

Many times Walmart finds an area full of trees or such, and plows nature into oblivion. There is far too much over-building going on here, and places like Walmart just exacerbates the situation. I mean how many Walmart's does one area need?

Walgreen's is almost as bad. We have 3 within a 1 street area. No joke, no exaggeration. There is one at one end of the street, one in the middle, and 1 at the other end of the street. Plus we have 6 gas stations, 3 banks, 8 churches (synagogues, etc), 4 auto garages, and 4 grocery stores. One of the grocery store is a Walmart grocery store. All this on a mile road!

You know how it is though, once a Walmart moves in, the whole world comes with it. There goes nature! We have 4 Walmart's and 1 Walmart grocery store withing 10 minutes of our home.

While a super-Walmart does offer a certain type of convenience, it has become a monster. Walmart once had good customer service, it now has close to the worse customer service (or lack there of) I have ever experienced!

Plus they seem to be trying to become Target, or Boscov's. Walmart was always a store where you could go to find what you needed at a good price. Now their prices are going up, up, up. Then they start revamping them so they look more (what they feel is higher class) high class.

I remember when K-mart tried this same sort of tactics. It lasted for some time, but now K-marts are shutting down all over. Eventually this will happen with Walmart as well. There are too many of them. There's convenience, and then there's smothering!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

walmart is almost like a mini mall. In a weird kinda way, it has all kinds of different things including restruants, really it is like a smaller version of a mall

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Walmart is a living thing it keep making you come back you it and spend your money and it is so cheap and good stuff you must shop at walmart. But no i think that walmart is great even though they need to get more manga and animes in the store.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titanofdeath View Post
    Walmart is a living thing it keep making you come back you it and spend your money and it is so cheap and good stuff you must shop at walmart. But no i think that walmart is great even though they need to get more manga and animes in the store.
    agreed. manga, anime stores needed in walmart to push it over the edge, i mean it has everything other than car sales, which im sure will come soon enough

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm fine with walmart getting bigger. That just means that I don't have to look as hard to find items tha they could expand and start carrying. Though that will kill the fun of the hunt like looking for uncommon items in smaller stores. I don't believe they'll run to many people out of business and we all know that individual stores can still survive as long as malls exist and malls will never die people love adverturing through all the different stores to much.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sashacat View Post
    Who here thinks Wally world taking over a good thing or bad thing and why.
    WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!! (which means I bought a guitar from Satan, LOL)

Seriously though, WalMart takes business from the smaller companies and eventually runs them out of town. Large coorporations can go without the extra cash, yet small business suffers all the time. I know a lot of stores that got closed down thanks to Wally World. I still shop there, when I have no choice, but I still think that they're evil.

A friend of mine got fired from there and I swear she danced like there was no tomorrow! "I'm free!!" Is all you heard. LOL.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

well wally world is very convenient food, electronics and clothes (not that I would ever buy those monstrosities lol) all at the same place lol >.< and while your shoping there you can have your car's tires rotated and your oil changed.
    one stop shopping is just what people who hate to shop need >.< and if the little mom and pop stores werent charging an arm and a leg for the same products they would have a better chance
    but really who cares if walmart takes over your town all you need is a computer and you can shop at any store in the world from your bedroom >.< lol

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Walmart rules. thats all i can say. I prefer walmart over many other stores anyday. Walmart will be the future of shopping for groceries clothes and all. In fact IT is =P.

Walmart really appeals to me because im a college student so when i need to go shopping thats where i go. why... because Close-Cheap-Fun. Thats why
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast