+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Walmart

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Walmart rules. thats all i can say. I prefer walmart over many other stores anyday. Walmart will be the future of shopping for groceries clothes and all. In fact IT is =P.

Walmart really appeals to me because im a college student so when i need to go shopping thats where i go. why... because Close-Cheap-Fun. Thats why
    I gotta agree with the man. Where else can you find 96 cents for a roll of paper towel??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think it been taken over long time ago when it was first designed. i mean they have everything (food,clothes,shoes,elect.,houseware,applainces,to ys,etc.) the list goes on. But really, everybody just think about it:why go to several different places(gas is to high for that)when you could just go there for whatever and whenever you please.(they're not close on hoildays and is open 24 hours). Come on ,what more could u need. They rule!!

Newbie Forte is off to a good start Forte's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    They aren't "Taking over the world" like some conspiracy theorists say, but Having worked for them, I can tell you that they are not all Smiley faces either.

First off, their job application makes it sound like Wal-Mart's doing you a favor by giving you a job.

Second, they preach safety first and when I got hurt (I wound up fracturing my ankle) working in their Pantry and Dairy section, they just put me on light duties which still had me on my feet watering plants when my doctors instructions quite clearly stated that I had to do something that had me sitting down.

Lastly, Wal-Mart doesn't like Unionized labor. Case in point would be the company shutting down the first unionized Wal-Mart in Quebec. Having been a UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers Union) member in the past while working for Superstore (A Canadian Supermarket) and at CANEX (Grocery/Department store on Canadian military bases) in the past, I know that the UFCW takes care of its members. While employed at Superstore, they made sure I had good health care coverage, Dental, vacation ect ect. The Wal-Mart I worked at had a $128,000,000 dollar profit margin for the 2006 fiscal year, They can afford to give their workers the benefits unionized workers expect and receive while employed elsewhere.
    This reminds me of this docuemntary I watched on Walmart. Here are some quick facts:
    1. While Bill Gates has given 55% of his money to Charity, Walmart has given less than 1%.
    2. In a Walmart parking lot, a woman had her purse Stolen. It was clearly showed on video camera, yet Walmart did not call the police.
    3. Walmart claims to care about Cleanliness and safety in the parking lot; However, video cameras, eyewitnesses and employees have all seen people be kidnapped, carjacked, raped, and have their children molested in a Walmart parking lot.
    Makes Ya hate Walmart, dunnit?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    What Walmart does is move into an area, and offer low prices. Then the little guy can't compete and closes its door. Then Walmart jacks up its prices. I would never work for them, they treat their employees like dirt. I call em slavemart.
    Lol! I can't get enough of you Mods..

That was funny as hell.

Well, living in Florida.. a very rural part of Florida out of all places.. Walmart is like a pacifier to a baby!

So everyone goes to walmart. God bless their souls, mine included. Not anymore though, since I moved. Now it's all about Publix. But I do agree with Miroku on this one. Walmart treats its employees like ants. Like dirt the ants walk upon.

Bad Walmart, Bad.
    But I don't think it's taking over the world any less than McDonalds is.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Nov 24, 2007 at 02:21 AM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    This reminds me of this docuemntary I watched on Walmart. Here are some quick facts:
    1. While Bill Gates has given 55% of his money to Charity, Walmart has given less than 1%.
    2. In a Walmart parking lot, a woman had her purse Stolen. It was clearly showed on video camera, yet Walmart did not call the police.
    3. Walmart claims to care about Cleanliness and safety in the parking lot; However, video cameras, eyewitnesses and employees have all seen people be kidnapped, carjacked, raped, and have their children molested in a Walmart parking lot.
    Makes Ya hate Walmart, dunnit?
    Let's break down your three points one by one.

1) Does Gates get tax breaks from charity donations? Do you even know who WalMart's CEO is? How much has he given?

2) Wal-mart not calling police was wrong, but why didn't anyone else in the parking lot help the lady? Why wasn't the lady a little bit more aware of her surroundings?

3) Did Wal-Mart employees do the raping? Do they do the kidnapping? I doubt it. I don't remember the promise for cleanliness and safety so perhaps someone can help me with that. All I know is the yellow happy face whipping on prices to make it lower.

Michael Moore's looking for an apprentice by the way.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Forte is off to a good start Forte's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yay, Argument.
    1) If tax breaks are what I think they are, then I'm not exactly sure. I live in a rural part of Connecticut and I'm one of those people whwo looks at you after you say something and say "Wha?" Also, WalMart has enough money to donate some of it to Charity, at least more than 1%. I mean hell, 5% would be 5 times better. And no, I don't know who WalMart's CEO is. I don't pay attention to things like that.
    2) Okay, Mistake there. Some customers in the WalMart DID run to catch the theif and retreive the stolen purse, and gave it back to her. The lady was a senior citizen. (I believe the documentary said she was 60 or so.) She was blind in one eye and Almost deaf. Her daughter (who was about 35) was still inside WalMart, because she had lef something in the store.
    3) They did not do the Raping/Kidnappings. However there is a point to my Post; WalMart should have greater security in parking lots. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go to a store knowing there's a risk of being kidnapped/raped. Would you? Even if WalMart has low prices, think about it. All the "Ma & Pa Stores" As KimiFemi said, if they lowered their prices a bit, they mightBe able to get more customers, and they would stand a better chance against WalMart. WalMart IS convenient - we have one near here, and my grandmother goes to shop there all the time. I personally don't like shopping because I have to be around a lot of people, which is also another reason why I don't like school. It's also because I have to walk around for hours when my grandmother brings me there - I don't like walking around for hours, except with hiking. But those are my personal feelings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4