+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: War!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: War!

I see war as the best way of clearing the earth from people a bit. One might think it's cruel of me to think so, but there are too many people on this world and we are chocking the world. Every time, when we start getting problems with our scarce resources there are unions and there are wars... Wars help to get the earth back to equilibrium and create a new possibility for development. It's just my non-human based opinion, but of course none of us want to see anyone else hurt...

And I don't agree with you Scourge and your opinion about fighting with terorism. I think the action of countries in Iraqi and likewise would just anger the population more. It is not possible to simply destroy terrorism with contra attacks, these attacks will just make it easier for recruit teams to brainwash people.
    But I guess there is no other way and we al want to be safe. At least attacking the countrys where you think terorism is comming from makes it harder for them to plan attacks outside the country and likewise... And they have less resources, less weapons, less money and so on...
    But I think safety in airports and on the streets of a country, CCTV, metal detectors and all things like that might just work just as well...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I respect your disagreement, how ever; you don’t understand that there is different ways of fight a war such as this because it’s based on ideology. Right know we are doing less of blowing sh*t up and killing people because we are trying to change the battle field by combating ignorance in the area. Almost every one in the middle east were brain washed to think that America and other western countries were evil and that we are evil people and believe that what they see in movies is how we really are. Sure there are still those who are still stupid enough to believe that propaganda of those terrorist, you can’t change every ones mind. But a lot of people over there now see that we are not evil like they were first brought up to believe. Many now see the terrorist for who and what they really are, that they are the ones who are evil. Thus we have seen many people now rat out terrorist hide outs and weapon stock piles. The people there just want to be left alone. The reason why we are doing less of blowing stuff up is because we changed the battlefield by combating ignorance. Now I will admit that some soldier’s actions are not helping, such as accidental or intentional shooting of innocents because of what ever brought that about. Another reason why we are still there is because every county in the Middle East HATE each other, and will take any opportunity they can to destroy their neighbors. So if we pull out, we will be creating a vacuum and will invite disaster.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I never said or thought that US is simply blowing stuff up and likewise (if you thought I did), there are many good reasons why to stay in these troubled areas. But how long can you babysit them? It can go on forever. Although it's not actually that bad since the men there are volountary and they earn a lot of money.
    Staying in these troubled areas doesn't bring anything bad, appart from those countrys spending a lot of money on these missions (oh and what I mentioned before- probably making the terorists angrier, and I bet some people living in those areas might also not be that happy at all...).
    I actually was very much for going in Iraq, but now I'm starting to think it's just too much, as I said before, this babysiting can go on for ages...

More moral fights, like those you mentioned in your post- about changing the population's mind about US and other western countries, are really what's needed the most. And it's good to hear it's thought about.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I never said or thought that US is simply blowing stuff up and likewise (if you thought I did), there are many good reasons why to stay in these troubled areas. But how long can you babysit them? It can go on forever. Although it's not actually that bad since the men there are volountary and they earn a lot of money.
    Staying in these troubled areas doesn't bring anything bad, appart from those countrys spending a lot of money on these missions (oh and what I mentioned before- probably making the terorists angrier, and I bet some people living in those areas might also not be that happy at all...).
    I actually was very much for going in Iraq, but now I'm starting to think it's just too much, as I said before, this babysiting can go on for ages...

More moral fights, like those you mentioned in your post- about changing the population's mind about US and other western countries, are really what's needed the most. And it's good to hear it's thought about.
    What, Iraq, troublesome? Admittedly, yes.The babysitting's worth it, though. As long as they help keep the peace over there, turn Iraq into a full-fledged democracy and prevent more senseless killings, I think having the Yankees over for a bit longer is just fine.

Let's just pray they don't do anything to anger the locals even more.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    "War! Huh!! Good God!! What is it good for? Absolutely Nothin'!!!" LOL!
    Well, through war, new land is conquered and the exploitation of its natural resources can take place. That's the only thing you can gain from wars, i know its a very evil way to obtain things. War may seemed pointless but if you see it from a greedy standpoint it makes a whole lot of sense why people go to wars, heck human kind has been doing this for a very long time.

ps; I don't support wars, so just because i think that way doesn't necessarily mean that i support wars. I just like seeing things from both sides of the fence.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

...But may I point out to everyone that there is such a thing as a just war.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    ...But may I point out to everyone that there is such a thing as a just war.
    EXACTLY!! And we have the right to deffend our selves because it was the terrorist who attacked us and those who support them, so this war is just on our part as well as our allies who were also attacked by the terrorist like the British.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

My Great Uncle was in WW2... and he was missing in action... funny thing is (not really funny...) that we have his glasses and purple heart... with that we also have a photo of him befor going to war. He is smileling in that photo T.T if only he knew that he would never be comeing back alive...
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast