+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: War!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: War!

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    What, Iraq, troublesome? Admittedly, yes.The babysitting's worth it, though. As long as they help keep the peace over there, turn Iraq into a full-fledged democracy and prevent more senseless killings, I think having the Yankees over for a bit longer is just fine.

Let's just pray they don't do anything to anger the locals even more.
    Yes, that is just what I am thinking, though there is also the problem with it the costs of this mission (in money, not considering the losses of life, since you can't exactly tell the "cost" of that life), with these expenses even US can get into money problems... And I mean, this money could be spent on other wars, which are maybe even more urgent? Like saving people in Bangladesh from drowning one night or people in Western Asia or Africa from starving to death because they lack water.
    But yes, I must agree staying in Iraq might just be also worth it...

...But may I point out to everyone that there is such a thing as a just war.
    I must agree... there can be no such thing as a "just" war. What might seem just and good to one side, might seem bad and wicked to the other side.

Even the Iraq war, it seems just in many ways, however I don't think the people of Iraq apriciated them comming in their country and attacking their home- at first... And some might argue that army was brought in to get to the oil resources of Iraq *shrugs shoulders*.
    (And I have all this time been on the border of saying that there was no war at all- there wasn't such a great of a resistance, they just came in and brought Sadam down, it's more like just a peace mission...)
    And for World War II...yes, Hitler was a cruel man and I'm glad they took care of him, but for the German at that time he was their saviour, their hero. And I mean the alies asked for trouble, when they put such hard restrictions on Germany, I mean the people of Germany couldn't feel safe from invasion, they are were greatly humiliated, had great problems with money and so on, there was bound to be some resistance (of course no one could have expected for a man to go that far, but it happenned- a man with a thought or revenge and ruling the world came to power).

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well like I said, its a just war on our part because we didn’t want this to happen, but it did, we were attacked first, and the terrorist were holding up in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, and other areas of the middle east, we really had no choice in the matter. Yes, the majority of the people in the area wanted nothing to do with this, but the problem was is that’s where the bad guys were. I feel bad for the innocent people’s situation, I really do, but the terrorist were and still are using the general population as a shield to hide in. Sadam also needed to be taken down, the over all population are doing so much better now that he is finely gone, slowly but surly they will be able to live their lives with better opportunities, as well as women in the area are gaining more and more freedoms. Yes there are areas were women are having it tougher then others but that’s because these areas are still stuck and reluctant to change their old man and women role way of thinking. Their economy is doing better, their infestructur is doing better, they have way more freedoms then before. There are still problems there with their mundane bickering over the two mager Muslim religious practices and thinking on who is better, but many there are looking past that and wanting what’s best for their country and how to better every one. The war on terror is also a peace keeping war as well as a reconstruction of Iraq. Its true that this will take a very long time and be costly, but we can't leave until the job is done because then we wouldn’t be taking responsibility that we took upon our selves when we got involved in this. Also the end result will better every one when we accomplish this. But if we do pull out, that means all that we have done, all the lives lost all the money the hardship and everything else would have been for nothing. I don’t know about you guys but the very thought of all the American soldiers and our allies, and of cores the innocent casualties who risked it all to help better their country by helping us or who were just trying to live their lives, all these people having their deaths be for nothing makes me sick. If we pull out, all of these people then gave their lives for nothing.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

If we pull out, all of these people then gave their lives for nothing.
    Better finish what's started indeed... I doubt the terrorists going to stop too and more and more lives will be sacrificed... the sinful and the innocent.. no matter who it is.. sad thing war is... lol but when we look in games... war is more of... something fun and even my little brother said this... "I wish we are at war, i just want to hold that AK-47 and bang those stupid americans down"

I was like.. o.O huh?? I think that is totally idiotic...lol but the influence from war games is kinda strong... I think war is fun too : x .. not to mention when they make war films all cool and adventourous, heroic.. and hero's always gets presents before and after war...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

No offence but its people like your brother with no concept of war and what it really is about and what takes place pisses me off to no end because of their ignorance and lack of knolage on the matter. I hoped you told him that in a real war that there is no reset button when you die, and that when you get shot or have a piece of shrapnal in your leg or chest that you will be in unimaginable amount of pain and suffering the likes of which there is no way to describe.

I have two younger brothers and the youngest thought a similar way until my other brother and I told him the horror he would face and made him watch every single band of brothers movie and made him watch every bloody part in the series. we told him this is as close to war as you want to get, as well as having family and friends who have fought in wars telling him what they went through. So in short my youngest brother quickly sang a different toon from then on.

Its funny how some people call me a war monger when I can differenciat between a game and the real thing, not to mention know more about it then most people do as well.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 02, 2008 at 08:46 AM.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Band of brothers! Now thats a great war series.. I totally loved it..

Well i understand your concern.. but sadly there's too many people like that who are naive and do not understand the horrors or the hidden truths behind war... Well he is still young.. slowly he will learn i guess.. ^^ Good idea on forcing them to watch the series..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    there can be no such thing as a "just" war. What might seem just and good to one side, might seem bad and wicked to the other side.

Even the Iraq war, it seems just in many ways, however I don't think the people of Iraq apriciated them comming in their country and attacking their home- at first... And some might argue that army was brought in to get to the oil resources of Iraq *shrugs shoulders*.
    (And I have all this time been on the border of saying that there was no war at all- there wasn't such a great of a resistance, they just came in and brought Sadam down, it's more like just a peace mission...)
    And for World War II...yes, Hitler was a cruel man and I'm glad they took care of him, but for the German at that time he was their saviour, their hero. And I mean the alies asked for trouble, when they put such hard restrictions on Germany, I mean the people of Germany couldn't feel safe from invasion, they are were greatly humiliated, had great problems with money and so on, there was bound to be some resistance (of course no one could have expected for a man to go that far, but it happenned- a man with a thought or revenge and ruling the world came to power).
    The United States has its reasons for keeping the peace in Iraq, and not elsewhere. Whatever they are, I don't know myself.

You said there is no such thing as a "just war". Does that mean that all wars are wrong through and through, or only some wars?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah, I don't say all wars are bad through and through. Everything that must happen, happens. And wars are sometimes the only way to deal the scarce resources we have. And it is said to be one of the ways human population will reduce after reaching the earth's carrying capacity, which is better than long, suffering full starvation. Plus some things that were invented for war can be used in even medicin! (atomic bombs, for example, they use atom spilitting to cure cancer or something) War is one of the things that makes people create new things and develop. And some men just can't live without fights and likewise adventures, and they would most likely become serial killers if there was no army (ok, now I'm going deep into my imagination )
    I would almost say that war is good. But I won't say it is just. Because it still hurts a lot of people.

The United States has its reasons for keeping the peace in Iraq, and not elsewhere. Whatever they are, I don't know myself.
    Well one of the "hidden" reasons that I have heard of is oil. I mean if they hang out there for long enough, they could somehow get to it, get ownership of it... Don't know it all in detail, but it's one of the theories I've heard about...
    I just find it grand that they stay there "to protect", while I have a feeling that they would not come in Latvia if Russia invades again (ok I hope it never happens again >.<), they would most likely just do what they have done before- let Russia have the little unimportant countries... maybe it will be enough...
    Well maybe I'm just being pesimistic, but really... I don't think the world has changed to much that country's wouldn't have the thought: "Each fight for their own good." If something really bad would happen again, they would wait untill there is no way but to admit "ok, that country is going against the whole world".
    Last edited by Lasura; Jun 04, 2008 at 08:59 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Really depends on your perspective. Like all that you said your self, all be it most of which I tend to agree, that war is necessary and good can become of it. Take GPS for example. That was created for war and now we have it in our cars so we can find that new restaurant you wanted to go to but could never find. Medicine and antibiotics. Keeping the Human population in relative check. But there are just wars as well, yes people will suffer but that’s the sad fact of war. There are good and bad aspects of it, it really all depends on your view point. Example. I believe that there is such a thing as a just war depending on how it came about, but I also believe that good can come out of it even thought that people will suffer because of it. Another view is yours where you believe that there is no such thing as a just war no matter what because people suffer but good can come out of it. Another view is that another person sees that there is no such thing as a just war no matter what because people suffer and that the good that comes out of it was not worth it all. When it comes to good and bad aspects, war is a bit of a paradox, but we can all agree that it freaking sucks.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 04, 2008 at 09:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast