+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warez

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Warez

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Downloading isn't my hobby I just don't like spending money on something when I can get it for free.
    That's what i do too. Although, when i know that i would get in troubles if i donwload it from torrenmts or warez i rather buy it than having regrets later.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't gotten in trouble yet ^_^ guess I'm lucky I just won't say what I downloaded lol... get myself in tons of trouble

I don't like spending extra money I can keep

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I
    You realize you are stealing, don't you? Your taking money out of the hands of people who are trying to support their families and enjoying their hardwork without giving any compensation. If you really don't want to spend the money you should find an alternative to the program your downloading. Between all the free/open source software on the net you can get about any program type free of cost legally. And some of it is better then the stuff you would pay for. And your not taking money out of someone else's pocket.

Look, I understand about wanting/needing software. I'm one of the biggest computer geeks around. I understand you can spend 2 to 4 times the ammount you paid for the computer on software to run it. But if your really downloading this stuff, you should be honest and pay for it. Yeah, I like Photoshop too. And I ponied up the money for it. If I can't pony up the money I know of a few free/Opensource programs I can use. No, they don't rock as much as photoshop does, but they do get the job done.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, these companies make enough money. Depending on the product and how much I want it, I will buy it if I have the money. Whats better than the actual thing.

It seems like this is getting very popular where to people just download copyrighted things and sell it for profit.
    That I would not support.

Seriously, you shouldn't admit to downloading copyrighted product so openly, I could be a undercover cop looking for people like you.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Gruble
    I haven't gotten in trouble yet ^_^ guess I'm lucky I just won't say what I downloaded lol... get myself in tons of trouble

The thing is, stealing is a bad habit to get into, and once you get used to it, it's a very hard habit to break...

As a student, you maybe able to get away with it (as the lawyers can't squeeze blood from a stone), but the moment you try to go professional and try to make money from your works....

(And then there's that stealing habit again. There are open bounties for reporting companies and professional individuals that use pirated software... All it takes is one disgruntled employee or former friend, and ...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, these companies make enough money. Depending on the product and how much I want it, I will buy it if I have the money. Whats better than the actual thing.
    Exactly why I don't want to buy it unless I really liked the company...

Seriously, you shouldn't admit to downloading copyrighted product so openly, I could be a undercover cop looking for people like you.
    I doubt you could find me :/ besides you know that I pirate and live in NC what else do you know? Lol...

stealing is a bad habit to get into
    I've been stealing my whole life it isn't rather new... I've been poor most of my life and get the nice stuff I want by what I'm good at thieving.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    I've been stealing my whole life it isn't rather new... I've been poor most of my life and get the nice stuff I want by what I'm good at thieving.
    So your claiming that being poor makes it okay to steal???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    But anyway, I was pissed for a while, then I checked the web and I found it. I downloaded the anime and now it's on my harddrive. Illegal? I'm not quite sure. I hope not but I also care not. I paid 20 dollars for it and I was getting it one way or another.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I actually think you're legal here. It's the same thing as me downloading a CD, then buying the CD. It should be considered legal.

In fact, I know a good number of people download music/anime for that reason. They basically "test" out or get a good feel of what they will potentially buy. Of course, there are those that just claim to do that to excuse themselves from piracy, and those who actually stick to their word and buy the things they had enjoyed after downloading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast