+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weighted vests

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Weighted vests

Anyone ever used or bought one of these?? I'm planning to get one for everyday use, something that's light enough maybe 10-20 max that I can wear under my clothes and would not be noticeable.

So if anyone know any pros and cons, any tips or brands they recommend I would love it.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weighted vests

It all depends on several factors, how much do you weigh currently Legend? 10-20 pounds is nothing if you are a larger guy. To get any benefit from it you'd need to wear it all the time, so you have to take into consideration the weather in your area. If its hot most of the time, the vest will sweat you to death, as most are of dark color.

I used ankle and wrist weights to help lose weight, they also help in strengthening the legs. (I never got larger than 5 pound wrist weights just for the fact that if you walk with them they slide off of you, so the effect on the arms was less great.)

Gold's Gym has a very nice 40 pound vest. I suggest combining ankle with the vest though.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    It all depends on several factors, how much do you weigh currently Legend? 10-20 pounds is nothing if you are a larger guy. To get any benefit from it you'd need to wear it all the time, so you have to take into consideration the weather in your area. If its hot most of the time, the vest will sweat you to death, as most are of dark color.

I used ankle and wrist weights to help lose weight, they also help in strengthening the legs. (I never got larger than 5 pound wrist weights just for the fact that if you walk with them they slide off of you, so the effect on the arms was less great.)

Gold's Gym has a very nice 40 pound vest. I suggest combining ankle with the vest though.
    About 160-170, and I'm all the way on the west coast so the weather is usually on the cool side. I'm thinking more of the vest because my leg strength is fine, I just want something so when I ball I take it off and I got the extra burst from the instant weight lost from the vest. and if it can train the back too it be great, since I do some golfing.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

First of all we would need a picture of you playing golf. To errr, evaluate how much the weight jacket would benefit you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    First of all we would need a picture of you playing golf. To errr, evaluate how much the weight jacket would benefit you.
    I only play cuz it's one of my classes. So nice try you're not going to see me in those sleeveless sweaters and golf caps.

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

I could make you one, but i'll be cold and it may be heavyer/lighter then 20lbs. All I'll need is your measurements and alot of lill small chain links, But me no have any on me and it be cost too much to buy them all depending on you weight and size. this be puzzleing me good
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have two that are different wieght so that i can train in them i use them to when i met "certain people" and they come in handy
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

+ Reply to Thread