+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Nicknames

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Weird Nicknames

We all have nicknames we go by. Sometimes those nicknames end up spawning crazy sub-nicknames. Then there are other times when people just make up random nicknames for other folk.

Do you have a weird nickname of some kind? If so, what is it? How did you accquire said nickname? I've always been interested in how people got to be called what they go by. Let's discuss.

Well, my nickname is Sprout--sometimes I tell people that it's my birth given name. I got it because my birth name (Jermaine--original spelling "Germain") is old english for Sprout/Bud. So, ever since I was fourteen, I've been going by that name. Nobody except my family ever calls me by my real name. ^_^

The name "Sprout" has broken off in to several other nicknames:

Spriggan

Spriggity

Sprite

Beaner

Sprig

A friend of mine calls me "Sprout Macenthune".
    I've even been called other things. My mom and dad call me "Mainey." I hate that name with a passion. LOL.

What about you guys?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weird Nicknames

Well over the years I've been called many different things as well. My name used to be Leanna Megan Curry and ever since I was a little girl I was called Lilly with two L's. Many people spell it with one which kinda upsets me. From that came Lee Lee, Lils, Ly, LRMC (Inside joke of my fathers. I was born at LRMC and he constantly threatened me that he would add Renee into my name.) Mean, and Anna. Now that I'm married I'm getting nicknames from my last name. You know the whole Marko Polo game? Well that's my new found nick name. I mean I don't hate it but it's not something I would have picked out for a nick name. I can go into a thread on one of the other sites and introduce myself and all you would see is people writing Marko-Polo.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Well over the years I've been called many different things as well. My name used to be Leanna Megan Curry and ever since I was a little girl I was called Lilly with two L's. Many people spell it with one which kinda upsets me. From that came Lee Lee, Lils, Ly, LRMC (Inside joke of my fathers. I was born at LRMC and he constantly threatened me that he would add Renee into my name.) Mean, and Anna. Now that I'm married I'm getting nicknames from my last name. You know the whole Marko Polo game? Well that's my new found nick name. I mean I don't hate it but it's not something I would have picked out for a nick name. I can go into a thread on one of the other sites and introduce myself and all you would see is people writing Marko-Polo.
    LOL, "Marko Polo" would be a kick ass username, especially since it's your actual last name now. ^_^ Usernames that have half-truths and semi-real names hidden in them are always cool. I guess I'm just a fan of puns and play-on-words. (Kinda like the Japanese, LOL )

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, "Marko Polo" would be a kick ass username, especially since it's your actual last name now. ^_^ Usernames that have half-truths and semi-real names hidden in them are always cool. I guess I'm just a fan of puns and play-on-words. (Kinda like the Japanese, LOL )

Well my last name is just Marko...Yeah see Ky-Lyrra it stands for the state I always wanted to visit. KY-Kentucky and Lyrra is a mixture of my nickname Ly and something I just threw into the ending.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

hmm I used get called Sparrow because it rhymed with Farrow, which is regrettably my surname at the moment. Of course I hated it like crazy because I knew they were trying to make fun of me because my family are poor and I got hand-me-downs so they tried to make my life worse.

Then at middle school I got called Sazzie. It was little name my group of friends had like Chaz, Kaz etc. It did progress to Little Saz when I went to a dance course in London which then inspired me to use Dancy_Saz as my old username online.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    hmm I used get called Sparrow because it rhymed with Farrow, which is regrettably my surname at the moment. Of course I hated it like crazy because I knew they were trying to make fun of me because my family are poor and I got hand-me-downs so they tried to make my life worse.

Then at middle school I got called Sazzie. It was little name my group of friends had like Chaz, Kaz etc. It did progress to Little Saz when I went to a dance course in London which then inspired me to use Dancy_Saz as my old username online.
    I've always wondered how you got your username, LOL. I never knew it was an acutal nickname. ^_^ That's interesting.

I don't know if I could tolerate someone callin' me Sparrow. Sounds kinda sugary to me.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

I know how it feels to have these funny and yet sometimes not funny nicknames, I myself have been called many, that actually derive from my given name.(Jared) I have been called Jar, Red, Jay, Jed. the list is endless.
    and I hate it when people spell my name with a double r.
    but the last one is actually a abbreviation of my full name, which is
    Jared Erwin Doran.
    the breakdown is as such, the Doran comes from the Irish in me, actually O'Doran is the correct spelling, the O was dropped when my great grandfather moved to S.A.
    Erwin comes from my German side, from the desert fox Erwin Rommel, nice eh?
    and Jared comes from a cowboy book my mother read when she was pregnant.
    adding to my Red Indian side.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've always wondered how you got your username, LOL. I never knew it was an acutal nickname. ^_^ That's interesting.

I don't know if I could tolerate someone callin' me Sparrow. Sounds kinda sugary to me.
    Yeah its what everyone calls me, even my Dad calls me Saz now, which is strange to say the least.

Well I never tolerated it either, Even when this girl tried to bully my brother and I on the way home from school she would try to act tough by calling us name but we just ignored her because we knew how stupid she was for "trying" to make us feel like crap.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast