+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Nicknames

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weird Nicknames

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    I know how it feels to have these funny and yet sometimes not funny nicknames, I myself have been called many, that actually derive from my given name.(Jared) I have been called Jar, Red, Jay, Jed. the list is endless.
    and I hate it when people spell my name with a double r.
    but the last one is actually a abbreviation of my full name, which is
    Jared Erwin Doran.
    the breakdown is as such, the Doran comes from the Irish in me, actually O'Doran is the correct spelling, the O was dropped when my great grandfather moved to S.A.
    Erwin comes from my German side, from the desert fox Erwin Rommel, nice eh?
    and Jared comes from a cowboy book my mother read when she was pregnant.
    adding to my Red Indian side.
    I had a Biology teacher who's name was Patricia Ann Thayer--AKA: Pat. Kinda like your name, LOL. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Yeah its what everyone calls me, even my Dad calls me Saz now, which is strange to say the least.

Well I never tolerated it either, Even when this girl tried to bully my brother and I on the way home from school she would try to act tough by calling us name but we just ignored her because we knew how stupid she was for "trying" to make us feel like crap.
    It's always a treat to have your parents call you by the nickname you chose for yourself. My mother refuses to call me Sprout. "I didn't give you that name," she says to me. ^_^ My dad (or my biological father, I should say) does, unless he's drunk, then I'm Jermaine until he passes out, LOL. My uncle doesn't call me by my birth-given name unless we're on a serious subject (my uncle and I are a lot alike). Then my dad (the one who raised me) insists on calling his 27 year old "son" Mainey. Ugh... I hate that name! LOL.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

On my high school football team my sophmore year we had a really good QB, named Wade Ewing. Are coaches gave a nickname, they called him 'Hollywood'. I think becuase his family had a lot of money and he was one of those pretty boys kind of guy.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    On my high school football team my sophmore year we had a really good QB, named Wade Ewing. Are coaches gave a nickname, they called him 'Hollywood'. I think becuase his family had a lot of money and he was one of those pretty boys kind of guy.
    My sister's ex-boyfriend went by the name "Hollywood". He played college football supposedly and I never liked him, so I called him "Daunte Coldpecker". LOL.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    My sister's ex-boyfriend went by the name "Hollywood". He played college football supposedly and I never liked him, so I called him "Daunte Coldpecker". LOL.
    lol well i guess theres a lot of football players with that nickname then, at least more than I thought.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The people that in my close nit gang call me Arrow......( you really do not want to why).......
    Other friends call me Swords Girl............I know, corny as hell
    But most people usually call me Eve
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

My nickname is Pixie, my friends gav me that nickname. A while back in halloween i dressed as a fairy and one of my friends was upset so i wanted to make her happy. I was running around and saying "Fly Pixie, Fly!" to make her laugh (it worked) but then my other friends thought it was cute so they just started calling me Pixie.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Do you have a weird nickname of some kind? If so, what is it? How did you accquire said nickname? I've always been interested in how people got to be called what they go by. Let's discuss.
    What about you guys?
    Oh, my. Do I have nicknames?

On AO:

- Pup
    - Tenchu-san

In Life:

- Seth (after the Egyptian god of death . . . don't ask, I have NO idea)
    - Bhrett
    - Brittany
    - Bongo
    - Pumpkin (weird uncle)
    - Bogie (again, weird uncle)
    - Pea (like Sweetpea from Popeye, because I did the wink thing when I was an infant)

I don't know HOW so many nicknames gravitated toward me . . .

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd have to say my most prominent one, still used to this day by certain people that know me well, is DAS. It's basically just the abbreviation of my screenname letters, but it still has a "weird" ring to it if you ask me. There's obviously been variations such as but not limited to; das, d.a.s. and Das.

In my school, there's also been a rather oddly enough but true nickname I recieved in my gym class. It's "Slider" which comes from my 'crazy style' as they call it where I'll usually dive against the floor and slide across it to catch something or something as such. I got it last year and a few still call me it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast